PDA

View Full Version : c4 92kv

halfie8
09-07-2006, 12:38 AM
is that to much in a half 8? i also have a 68kv so i dunno? i am gettin a mini inferno st for my birthday and i just have a few question, ok well how is the diff? is there any diff issue with the half 8? i had a mlst but diff issue was reallin bad, will the stock diff hold up with a 92kv c4 or a 68kv mamba? also where can i get batts from, since it dont come with batts... and also where are some good places to get hop ups and what hop up would ya suggest?? im really interested in one of theese but i just need to know the bads and goods on this mini inferno st thanks

mOOsE
09-07-2006, 01:24 AM
small motors don't work in large vehicles, checkout the brushless section for some good motors

oxfordmist
09-07-2006, 10:06 AM
Hi, I to had a mlst with major diff problems. Boiled shimmed with standard motors and still stripping them.
Anyway the st is a great mini truck, mine is fitted with a wraith 7k mamba 25amp combo.
I've only had one small problem with the diffs. There was no oil inside the diff cases, or lube on the pinon gear. And also the very small nuts and bolts that hold the diff together came part.
So When I buy another one I would.
1. strip the diff down and add diff oil.
2. tread lock the small nuts and bolts.
3. add green slime to the pinon.

Don't get me wrong it was fine with no oil, when running a brushless system. Just save some dollars and add the oil before it burns out.
And yes I do drive mine very hard. :D

Hope this helps, Stuart.

Blind batterys, very good. (build your own he sells loose cells. 1400 mah cells or very good with brushless.)
But use good wire and deans plugs for no cogging.

bishop power product stock motors and batterys.

halfie8
09-07-2006, 08:56 PM
Hey man... is the mamba 68kv or c4 92kv a direct drop in with no mods.. The first guy replyed and said it won't fit... so I'm cirious... I have a mamba 25 esc with castle creation usb with the mamba 68kv or c4 92kv.. Let me know asap... and the diff aren't like the mlst right... where it alwasy striped... so if I oil the dif and grease the pinion gears it should be fine? Also what grease or oil do yah use.. And how many runs till it to strip... with the oiled diff and grease pinion... get back to me asap... also hit me up on aim or msn if yah got... aim sn is islandrevo808 and msn is deff_boyee@hotmail.com

mOOsE
09-07-2006, 11:07 PM
He is not talking about the same vehicle.... He is talking about a Losi Mini LST, not MINI INFERNO ST. Those motors will not drop in and if you do get them working, they will be smoking hot because they are not designed for such a heavy vehicle. The diffs will be fine unless u have a freak accident.

halfie8
09-08-2006, 04:42 AM
hey well what brushless will fit in the half 8?? link please.. or the mini inferno, will it be a drop in for the half 8 buggy?

jaejw1
09-08-2006, 05:46 PM
i cant speak on the half8th but my vendetta has a final stock drive of 7.11 (16/45) and the highest i can get it to is about 11.1 (compared to stock final of the rc18t) and that is with the smallest pinion and the largest spur (11t/49t) with this said i have tried using my mamba 8000.. and that thing with a gearing of 12/49 just heated badly.. and so much so that after about 2 weeks of running it at the track.. and not everyday mind you.. the motor just gave out.. im thinking the heat warped something inside cause the shaft to stick,,,,, so the c4 needing a extremely high final drive might not work in the heavier half8th.. but the 5400 seems to work well according to magazine articles and some racer that was previewed in a magazine the 5400 has a lil more torque and should be able to handle the heavier vehicle..

but because the mamba wont work i am opting for the wraith7k since it is a 380 size motor same as my stock (in both vendetta and half8th)

Nitrolio
09-08-2006, 06:08 PM
i just got the c4 and noticed it was pretty small as well but the box says it is for the mini-lst and mini-t. i was going to put it in the mini-lst. but i am not so sure about that now. when i get a chance i will check it out again.

halfie8
09-08-2006, 10:28 PM
Hey, I was wonderin if I can use the wraith 7k with the mamba 25esc.. Will it handle that motor.. And also u guys were saying that the wraith is recomended in the mini inferno st... or the aon.. I'm lookin to race offroad and alittle messin arond and bashing.. I am gonna get the mini inferno st with the ft/r 3 racing diffs and center 3racing diffs... a gp1400 8cell and a alum arm ft/r set... I have a mamba 25 esc from my rc18... so was wonderin if the wraith could be used with the mamba 25... oh and is anyone interested in a rc18 roller.. It has ful alum arms with alum ft/r knuckels and c hubs .. Ft/r alum shock towers. Mip cvds all around.. Rpm bumper. Alum rear bumper.. 1/10th integy hex hub.. 2 sets of mt/t tires 1 set of 1/10th tires.. Extra are a set of ft/r alum 3racing knuckles and c hubs... cf shocktowers... extra ft alum shocks.. Ft dog bones. Atomic arms (6 arms) nip mip super diff.. Nip spur gear (60t) nip stock ft/r knuckles and arms... ill throw in a superbrain 959 charger and a 6cel 1100 gp pack or maybe even a 68kv mamba brushless motor... lookin 200 shipped or will also do trades... ill send pics if interested

RoostAZ
09-09-2006, 07:19 PM
well first off your not going to find rc18t buyers in this thread, post it on ebay. Yes you can run the wrath with the mamba 25 esc, in fact oxfordmist said that is what he is running, a couple posts up ^. One question I have is, since the wrath is a 7000 and the aon is a 4900, these motors must feel a lot different, is it just that the aon has more torque and less top speed and vice versa?

H8er
09-10-2006, 10:09 PM
The Wraith is the best motor made for the KMI as of now. The Quark 33A Pro-Car is the best ESC right now.

Nitrolio
09-28-2006, 02:04 AM
i beg to differ on the c4 9200kv. i installed in my mlst wit7cell 1400mah intellect, this thing hauls a$$. it was to fun. front and rear diff are great cause i shimmed them up. but i failed to check my center diff. i need new one now.

t9dragon
09-28-2006, 09:37 PM
He is not talking about the same vehicle.... He is talking about a Losi Mini LST, not MINI INFERNO ST. Those motors will not drop in and if you do get them working, they will be smoking hot because they are not designed for such a heavy vehicle. The diffs will be fine unless u have a freak accident.

It is obvious in your post that you have never tried either of the motors in a mini-lst or mini inferno. Both motors will work without any modifications to the vehicles. I'm currently running a Mamba 8000 in both my mini-lst & mini-inferno with no problems. And the diffs are still the orginial ones in both. I have a friend that is currently running a Dynamite 9200 in his mini-lst and it pulls the front wheels off the ground.

So unless you have tried it, you shouldn't be making comments that they won't fit and won't have enough power to move them.

MrUnlimited
09-28-2006, 10:22 PM
It is obvious in your post that you have never tried either of the motors in a mini-lst or mini inferno. Both motors will work without any modifications to the vehicles. I'm currently running a Mamba 8000 in both my mini-lst & mini-inferno with no problems. And the diffs are still the orginial ones in both. I have a friend that is currently running a Dynamite 9200 in his mini-lst and it pulls the front wheels off the ground.

So unless you have tried it, you shouldn't be making comments that they won't fit and won't have enough power to move them.
If you have driven the KV8000: what cells (&how many?) and what pinion are you running? Share it with us cause I tried the KV8000 and it got very hot with 8cells and 11teeth pinion!

t9dragon
09-29-2006, 02:02 AM
In both the Mini-LST and Mini Inferno, I'm running the stock gearing with Mamba 8000. I have noticed both the esc and motor getting warm but nothing to get alarmed about. In the LST, I'm running a 7 cell 1100 pack and a 3 cell Lipo. In the Inferno, I'm running a 8 cell 1100 pack.

I also have 2 other Mini-LST's that are both stock and I have already blown out the rear diff in one of them.

My friend is running the stock gearing with the 9200kv in his Mini-LST and blew out the diff jumping it.

MrUnlimited
09-29-2006, 09:50 PM
You didn't mention the pinion :D

t9dragon
09-30-2006, 01:27 AM
Stock pinion gear.

mOOsE
09-30-2006, 03:14 AM

I have probably tried more motors than anyone here. to use the mamba's, you need a different pinion gear unless you buy an adapter for a 2.0mm shaft because the stock 400 motor does not have a 2mm shaft. You also need all new electronics, I consider those to be mods. As for the power, it is odd that yours works fine since the mamba is designed for lighter vehicles. I also have a mini-lst that does 45+ mph and strips diffs like butter...using brushed motors. The manufacturer of the mamba motors, castle creations, will not even recommend the 8k motor for the mini infero. So if it works on stock gearing for you (same number of teeth anyway) then you are lucky, because everyone else, including myself, had to gear down to get the mamba to stop cogging and trying to cook itself.

MrUnlimited
09-30-2006, 08:25 AM
Stock pinion gear.
Stock? That is NOT possible! sahft from the Mamba is 2mm while the stock pinion fits a shaft between 2,5 and 3mm. Now tell us: did you really bolted one into the MI or not cause if I can burn my fingers onto the motor with 8cells and 11teeth pinion and your get barely warm with an overgeared 13teeth pinion my question is: how did you do this miracle :eek:

t9dragon
09-30-2006, 03:51 PM
Running the 24 tooth pinion with a dual disc slipper clutch on the Mini-LST. On the Mini-Inferno, I'm running a 14 tooth pinion.

MrUnlimited
10-01-2006, 04:07 PM
Running the 24 tooth pinion with a dual disc slipper clutch on the Mini-LST. On the Mini-Inferno, I'm running a 14 tooth pinion.
HAHAHA! You are so funny! I almost got a first degree burning wound on my fingers when I touched my Mamba and yours got barely warm! First you mentioned you used a 13t pinion and in your last post you are using a 14t pinion. WOW! I tell my daughter from 3 yrs such fairytails! Not to offend you but tell people the truth not lies!

ph2t
10-02-2006, 04:10 AM
lol, what a funny thread...

I'm amazed a lot of poeple actually tried the help that bloke that can't write a sentence to save his life, lol..