PDA

View Full Version : Mamba 8000 fried

RoostAZ
09-04-2006, 07:50 AM
Well I was running probably my third battery in my new Half 8, with my Mamba 8000 system in it, 6 cell integy 1400. I knew the motor was getting way too hot, but for now I just wanted to have some fun, I knew it was getting close to where I had to let it cool down, but I did a couple more laps, then the H8 locked up and I knew the motor was done. The arm that turns the pinion can be pulled out pretty far but not all the way, and can also be pushed out the opposite end of the can. When I rev it, it makes a cogging sound and just vibrates and rotates unevenly. I am wondering if this can be covered under warranty? and Which motor should I get next to go with my Mamba 25 esc, I was thinking of a bigger 550ish motor, because I have seen some cool conversions, or should I just get a higher torque 5400 mamba?

BTW I didn't buy the 8000 for the H8, it was in my rc18t previous. Another side note, I love this mini inferno, It drives on rails around my home track and handles the huge 16 foot downhill ramp double I built for my 1/10th scale stadium trucks, Haven't broken anything yet, except the motor. And I have slammed that double in every way possible. Amazing little racer and totally worth $100 on ebay. The thing had a couple scratches but it was basically brand new, probably ran a battery through it in the driveway and sold it.

bermbuster
09-04-2006, 03:06 PM
get an aon 4900.....