PDA

View Full Version : for some1 who has KMC conversion kit....

Takumi861
08-31-2006, 07:36 AM
i just bought the holeshot chassis conversion and i was just wondering if the center diff set up from the KMC can fit in the holeshot chassis set up. i kno it's not going to be a direct replacement, i know i will have to do some miner adjustments and i also know that the center diff for the KMC is longer than the stock, but i just want to know a couple of things about the center set up from the KMC.

In the KMC kit, i saw that the center diff is held up by 2 parts (one center housing and one center housing with a motor mount) and a center housing cover.
If you take out the center housing w/motor mount and replace it with a normal center housing, can this set up hold up the center diff?

now i'm assuming that the center diff set up with 2 center housing will work (instead of using one center housing and one certer housing w/motor mount)

with the center diff set up like that, i know 2 new hole will have to be drilled on the chassis in order for the center diff to be screwed on and another 4 holes will have to be drilled for the stock motor mount. also, i assuming an oval holes will have to be drilled for the center gear so that it doesn't touch the chassis.

would the motor pinion gear be able to engage on the center diff if the stock motor mount is used?

basically, what i want to do is take the center diff from the KMC kit and put it on the holeshot chassis, i saw a website that sells the parts which can be used to build up the KMC center diff. that's why i want to know those things.

** if no one understands what i'm trying to say, don't stress yourself out trying to understand it. i couldn't sleep and i'm like really into this MI, i just taught that it would be really kool to have that center diff from the KMC kit transfered into the holeshot chassis. i think it would be great to just have one center gear instead of what the stock one looks like.**

Takumi861
08-31-2006, 04:29 PM
this is a pic to show what i'm talkin about. i only want to take the center diff from the KMC kit and put it in my MI
i also want to know if one of the center housing can be screwed in the stock center diff holes.