PDA

View Full Version : for some1 who has a lipo in their MI...

Takumi861
08-27-2006, 03:53 AM
"Hyperion Litestorm 1800mah 2s 7.4v for racing and the 1800mah 3s 11.1v for bashing/speed runs."

someone told me to use one of those lipo's in my buggy but when i checked the size of the lipo.... it was too big. can someone who has a lipo battery pack in there mini inferno tell me which battery they are currently using in their MI. i put a picture to show how much space i got for a lipo battery, the picture is in the thread that's rite under this thread... lipo battery help or something like that, lol i forgot wat title i gave it. the lenght: 75mm, width: 28mm, and the height: around 20mm. if the height of the battery is over 21mm, it's gonna touch the body. the lenght is starting from the steering post straight back to the rear suspension arm, near the hinge pin. the width is starting from the center diff and ends at the edge of the chassis. the height is obiviously from the chassis to the body. in order for u to understand what i'm trying to say, you'll have to look at the picture, i tried to upload it in this thread and it said upload error.

JakeE
08-27-2006, 05:11 AM
"Hyperion Litestorm 1800mah 2s 7.4v for racing and the 1800mah 3s 11.1v for bashing/speed runs."

someone told me to use one of those lipo's in my buggy but when i checked the size of the lipo.... it was too big. can someone who has a lipo battery pack in there mini inferno tell me which battery they are currently using in their MI. i put a picture to show how much space i got for a lipo battery, the picture is in the thread that's rite under this thread... lipo battery help or something like that, lol i forgot wat title i gave it. the lenght: 75mm, width: 28mm, and the height: around 20mm. if the height of the battery is over 21mm, it's gonna touch the body. the lenght is starting from the steering post straight back to the rear suspension arm, near the hinge pin. the width is starting from the center diff and ends at the edge of the chassis. the height is obiviously from the chassis to the body. in order for u to understand what i'm trying to say, you'll have to look at the picture, i tried to upload it in this thread and it said upload error.

I use the Hyperion 2S 1800 mAH packs in my Half 8, they fit perfectly. The 3S packs are a tight fit vertically, but it's certainly possible.

Takumi861
08-27-2006, 05:15 AM
thank you so much for showing me a pic of the battery in ur MI, do u think the 3s 11.1v lipo will be able to fit in the MI?

JakeE
08-27-2006, 05:20 AM
thank you so much for showing me a pic of the battery in ur MI, do u think the 3s 11.1v lipo will be able to fit in the MI?

I use the Hyperion 3s 1800 packs in my plane. I have used one in my Mini Inferno as well, it fits but will probably rub against the body - though this isn't really a big deal. I secure mine with velcro which acts as a buffer between the body and the pack.

Takumi861
08-28-2006, 02:06 AM
o ok, so i will get the 3s hyperion battery. wat kind of charger do u use?

JakeE
08-28-2006, 05:43 AM
I use both a Duratrax ICE and a Hyperion EOS 7i.