PDA

View Full Version : Argh, neighbor with Evader talks to me like I'm 3...

H8er
08-25-2006, 12:27 AM
I've got a neighbor with a Duratrax Evader ST and I had never driven my H8 by him, so I decided to play a little cat and mouse (until, of course, he knocked my dogbone outta the axle) and I was asking what kind of motor he had twice, and once he says "A big electric one!" and the second time he goes "one from the hobby shop." I asked how it was hopped up, and he goes "Hopped up motor." So then he knocks my dogbone out of the axle, so he offered to fix it. Once he's getting at it, he says "you see this? This is called a dogbone! It spins around and makes the rimzzzz move!" I wanted to punch him... How can I prove to him that I know about R/C? I really want to get my new Wraith/Quark combo and kick his ass in a race. Do you think that a brushless H8 could beat a slightly hopped up 1:10 stadium truck? I dunno, and it'll prob. be until Christmas till I can prove it. Just cause I'm 14 I don't know about R/C? That's crap! Oh well, at least I have a neighbor that's into R/C.

BTW, this guy's got a 1:8 Nitro buggy ( I asked him what kind, he says "The same kind you have." I go oh, it's a 1:18? He says "No, same kind. It's as big as my truck". Jesus. At least get it right.), a 1:10 Nitro Evader, and another 1:10 that he says will bust 50.

mOOsE
08-25-2006, 12:32 AM
sounds like a mentally challenged individual. My guess is that he takes his cars to the LHS to fix if those are the answers he gives u. You will outright kill him with a wraith and 3 cell setup....probably even 2 cell setup.

H8er
08-25-2006, 12:58 AM
There are no words for how your post makes me feel except for abso-f***in-lutely giddy. Thanks moose.

rustler08
09-18-2006, 12:08 AM
A wraith, with the Quark 22 amp esc, and a 4 cell lipo will beat him so bad, he'll shit his pants if you do half throttle

mOOsE
09-18-2006, 06:36 AM
4 cell lipo could smoke a 22amp esc. the mamba is a 25 amp and castle will not cover anything higher than a 2-3cell depending on the motor, which is smaller.

ChrisOFNA
09-18-2006, 10:00 PM
Dude, 33 amp Quark w/ the E30-13L (Hackers combo) and a 3 cell will smoke his shatty Evader easily...

fav0re
09-18-2006, 10:26 PM
Click on the link below to answer your question regarding a:
Quark 33A Pro Car, Wraith 7K, and a 2S Hyperion 1800mah 7.4V setup will be how fast...

LINK (http://half-8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2365)

rustler08
09-19-2006, 12:36 AM
A wraith, with the Quark 22 amp esc, and a 4 cell lipo will beat him so bad, he'll shit his pants if you do half throttle

Oops. I mean the 33amp Quark of course :p

Migs
09-19-2006, 09:24 PM
Oh man... I would love to smoke that guy and his Evader ST...!!!

I'm running a Wraith / Quark 33a combo with a 3 cell lipo in both my Half8 and also my Vendetta with street tires... both of them haul @ss. With the Vendetta being a bit smaller and a lot lighter than the Half8, it's a little faster of course.

I've run with some friends who have Revo's, Maxx's, Savages, 1/8th buggies, etc.... They always get mad when a blow right by them. Then they try and run me over... on purpose... LOL.

pimpsmurf
09-24-2006, 04:53 PM
As far as dragging, your Half8 will smoke him on an Aon 2 cell (20ish pinion)

A Wraith on a 12 tooth would also be nice on a 2 cell. An Aon with a 3 cell (16ish pinion) would absolutely roast him. I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure the Quark 33 Pro-Car will be fine on a 4 cell, but the Half8 might not be able to handle it. The Aon is cool with up to 16 volts I believe.

Now, to give props to the evader. It will outhandle the hell out of your buggy if properly tuned and driven. Unfortunately, this moron doesn't sound like he can drive in a straight line, much less turn with any control.

So go with a 3 cell Aon or wraith and when the F-ing puts says, "Hey, how come it is going so fast?!?!" simply reply, "I read a lot." You think you were pissed... wait till he starts to ask another question and say "epp" while raising your pointer finger to indicate that driving your model requires total concentration. He will probably leave burnt areas on his collar, so make sure to avoid his vehicle as he tries to knock you out of commission.

If you feel ansy, remember that the steering on the evader is pretty weak. If you have to take him out because he won't stop trying to break your baby, aim for the back of the front wheel, or the back wheel from the inside. The ballcups on the rear hub is usually the one popped off to CONSTAINTLY retighten the diff... The thrust bearings and the diff locknut are crap so you will find that part easy to pop off.

I don't race dirty, but this guy is asking for a lesson.

-JNY