PDA

View Full Version : Half 8 Ships Next Week from Kyosho America

Big_L
04-21-2005, 07:43 PM
Just got off the phone with Kyosho America. They said that they will ship next week here in the states. They said Ready Sets and Option parts are all available. He also mentioned about the U.S. car is slightly different from the cars from overseas, but I can't remember what it was, so i guess it wasn't that big of a deal. I can't wait!

half8 abuser
04-21-2005, 08:51 PM
That will make my friend happy.

mOOsE
04-21-2005, 08:54 PM
good find
I bet they sell for more over here. Especially at my LHS. Hobbytown will probably have them for like 209.99 or some rediculous price. At least parts are the same worldwide...

tunnelhead
04-21-2005, 10:45 PM
Man are we getting the raw deal? Why do most of us in the USA have to wait longer then the actual release date? Well I have my already. Little steep $209 when rcmart.com listed them for $179 and then just slashed the prices to $159. The stock replacement parts seam very resonable. Most of the stuff was under $6. Except the hop-up parts. Ordered from rcmart.com for parts for my 18t. Since my lhs cant get the stuff I need> had no problem with my order. here in about a week

TNB
04-21-2005, 11:16 PM
Just got off the phone with Kyosho America. They said that they will ship next week here in the states. They said Ready Sets and Option parts are all available. He also mentioned about the U.S. car is slightly different from the cars from overseas, but I can't remember what it was, so i guess it wasn't that big of a deal. I can't wait!
Perhaps, they only ship with AM frequency channels 1-6 instead of 1-12. Myself, I've been telling everyone about two weeks for one week now. ;) The thing is that unless Kyosho has already hired a lot of people for that new California HQ, the domestic Mini-Inferno orders may still be delayed (or some poor guys are going to get in some mini-overtime).

More importantly Big L, are you going to bring one for me when you arrive for the PN Racing World's Event since you missed me in Las Vegas and I missed you in Rialto? Something about owing me one. ;) Good luck at the race in NorCal. I guess that I am lucky since even though I did rotten in SoCal, I at least qualified in one class due to the lack of racers whether I wanted to or not. It's still difficult for me to believe how bad I did and a couple of others told me the same thing. Oh well, $hit happens. :)

Man are we getting the raw deal? Why do most of us in the USA have to wait longer then the actual release date?
Simple answer--it's called Kyosho splitting from the only distributor they had in the United States and that is Hobbico/Great Planes/Tower. Look at it this way--everything else may be faster in the long run if companies like Horizon and a few others jump on board to help distribute Kyosho products in addition to Hobbico/Great Planes/Tower.

OneTimeCRX
04-21-2005, 11:22 PM
$210 wouldn't be too bad - it cost me $285 here in Sweden! :eek:

TNB
04-21-2005, 11:27 PM
I heard the street price would be a lot lower, but I'll guess we'll find out soon enough. Then again, I've seen some LHS sell at full retail.

mOOsE
04-22-2005, 03:11 AM
my price was a rediculous guestimate not truth. I said it because I have seen outrages numbers on Hobbytown Products...like 219.99 for a MiniZilla...yea right.

BitHed
04-22-2005, 04:23 AM
...KYOSHO in America? Well there goes my competitive edge :( LOL...Does this spell the end for PanicToys? I thinks not mein friends ;)

mOOsE
04-22-2005, 06:26 AM
I bet your price will still be very competitive even with shipping.

BitHed
04-22-2005, 07:30 AM
...Moose are you and i playing 'tag' today ? :cool: Everywhere i turn there you are...

...i hope so mate, plus i will be going for some products that none of the other usual suspects will be doing...I have better freebies anyway :D

Joan
04-22-2005, 10:39 AM
But if you purchase more than 9 or 10 items, it seems a bit expensive... :rolleyes:

BitHed
04-22-2005, 10:58 AM
...point taken Joan :o But thats why i try to 'sweeten' the deal with freebies...More gum anyone ? :cool:

BitHed
04-22-2005, 12:26 PM
...but in all honesty if you were going to get 9 or 10 items you would get a much better deal on price anyway, or you shoud be using the PanicToys HighRoller program where each item ships VERY cheaply ;) Thats the whole point of my personalzed service as some of you know very well :cool:

mOOsE
04-22-2005, 08:16 PM
your it! no tag backs

KURTMEYER69
04-24-2005, 01:37 AM
whats kyosho americas website address? ken

adrenalinrush123998
04-24-2005, 02:27 PM
so this means places like tower will be getting them in?
FINALLY?

oil shocks! oil shocks!
and...EIGHT CELLS!
and THE REPLACEMENT SHOCK TOWERS!!!!!

or does it mean that places like horizon and stuff like that will get it?
will i be able to get my replacent parts from a U.S. distributer (i dont like expensive shipping!)

RURC
04-24-2005, 02:43 PM
whats kyosho americas website address? ken

http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/

It has a great bumper track. May take a while to load on a dial up line but it is really great. And I am a big fan of classical music.

mOOsE
04-24-2005, 03:43 PM
Horizon and other distrb will not be able to get them. Kyosho is now their own distributor so your lhs will have to contact them directly. Their is a possibility that tower may carry some stuff but I have my doubts because of their great planes and dubro loyalty

adrenalinrush123998
04-24-2005, 11:08 PM
grrr....
so i will still have to order parts from japan and stuff?

my LHS doesnt get kyosho products because they have to buy so many items from them
like with a company other than kyosho they can get ONLY 50 units or 1 unit or ten... (just an example) but with kyosho they HAVE to get at least 100 units to be able to buy from them(more fake example numbers).... and because my LHS is a very small shop..they dont have the place for them and they dont do enough business to sell all 100 units......
so i cant buy from them......
thats one of the things i dont like about kyosho......no local stuff available.....

mOOsE
04-24-2005, 11:28 PM
I hear ya. Hopefully tower will contact kyosho america dir and get some parts hookups. Otherwise we may all have to get parts elsewhere. I am counting on ultimatehobbies out of cali to get hooked up because they have some decent prices online. But then again, the orders I made with bit got here faster than the towerhobbies stuff...like in three days :)

arch2b
04-24-2005, 11:29 PM
you seemed to have missed the point of this thread... kyosho is now in the u.s. making it much easier for shops to get stuff as they no longer have to go thru 3rd party-gp-. your lhs will be able to order directly from kyosho usa. i have no idea what if any quota's k.usa will have for retailers but it's got to be better than going thru gp.

i'm crossing my fingers that this will lower prices on k. products as well as gp was horrible for retailers.

regardless, the shop here will stock the full line of k. items as it always has for other sites

mOOsE
04-25-2005, 12:10 AM
I get it. But minimum orders will come into play because proprietary distribution of kyosho products. Many small hobby stores can only operate off the usual great planes and horizon setups because of the variety of product and order quantities. Hopefully kyosho sets up some decent accounts that limit their minimums to 100-200 dollar orders.

mOOsE
04-25-2005, 12:12 AM
I really hope they don't do the xray thing and raise their prices because it looks pretty...

arch2b
04-25-2005, 12:24 AM
I get it. But minimum orders will come into play because proprietary distribution of kyosho products. Many small hobby stores can only operate off the usual great planes and horizon setups because of the variety of product and order quantities. Hopefully kyosho sets up some decent accounts that limit their minimums to 100-200 dollar orders.
i hope so too

BitHed
04-25-2005, 01:15 AM
...I know this is an AWFUL thing to say but i hope i can stay competetive...Will KYOSHO be giving away gum too? LOL...

mOOsE
04-25-2005, 04:30 AM
I believe you are the sole distributor of the gum/parts package...

Big_L
04-25-2005, 04:12 PM
TNB - Yeah, hope Roger and I make it to Vegas for World Cup. But looks doubtful, I don't think NorCal is going to have a regional qualifier. Hobbytown and PN Racing can't come to an agreement, so it might not happen. Which sucks, because alot of us here would have went to Rialto if there wasn't a qualifier in NorCal to begin with.

Moose - When I talked to Kyosho about the Half 8's, he said that Ultimate hobbies probably is getting one of the biggest shipment going to them. Something crazy like 200 units to them!

I was also told cars bought overseas, any warranty will not be valid with Kyosho America. You would have to send it back overseas for warranty. Well everyone check your LHS this week, they should hit!

TNB
04-25-2005, 04:25 PM
TNB - Yeah, hope Roger and I make it to Vegas for World Cup. But looks doubtful, I don't think NorCal is going to have a regional qualifier. Hobbytown and PN Racing can't come to an agreement, so it might not happen. Which sucks, because alot of us here would have went to Rialto if there wasn't a qualifier in NorCal to begin with.

Moose - When I talked to Kyosho about the Half 8's, he said that Ultimate hobbies probably is getting one of the biggest shipment going to them. Something crazy like 200 units to them!

I was also told cars bought overseas, any warranty will not be valid with Kyosho America. You would have to send it back overseas for warranty. Well everyone check your LHS this week, they should hit!
Too bad about the qualifier if it is not held. The last I knew PN's requirements were not that difficult--basically, enough room for the track and the racers along with a timing system. Since the tracks and cars are available through HobbyTownUSA as well, it makes it appear as if they don't care about the "mini" crowd.

Since Ultimate moves lots of product, that doesn't surprise me. Have they moved locations yet and set up the 2004 Mini-Z Cup RCP Track?

Regarding the warranty, it is my understanding that the same type of warranty validation was the same when Hobbico/Great Planes/Tower was the US distributor for Kyosho. In that regards, it doesn't seem like anything new considering Kyosho America is probably a separate entity created by Kyosho Japan to basically do the same thing Hobbico/Great Planes/Tower was doing prior.

mOOsE
04-25-2005, 07:48 PM
who needs a warranty anyways...
That kinda sucks for all the people who bought them already but chances are that their warranty won't cover what we do to these buggies anyway

Big_L
04-26-2005, 10:23 PM
Just got the call in from Hobbytown Fremont, they just received their shipment of Half 8's going for about $180.

mOOsE
04-27-2005, 04:31 AM
not too shabby for a hobbytown. You should find out what is different on the US version and give us the report ;)