PDA

View Full Version : brushless in reverse???

Takumi861
08-20-2006, 03:13 AM
does brushless motor systems function in reverse or is there a reverse function in any BL system that would fit in the mini inferno?

i've been searching on different websites, looking through all the BL systems they got and some sites say that the motor can go in reverse by switching any two wires ( i have no clue what wire they were talking about because i don't own a BL system yet). i want to know if a brushless motor system can make my inferno run in reverse without touching any wires on the inferno, i want to know if the system can run in both foward and reverse!

also, if u have any ideas on what the best system thats out there for the mini inferno, fell free to tell me.

so far, the best system that i found was a Quark 33 amp control with a Wraith 7k motor.
Money isn't a problem, so i won't hold back to buy the best product out there for my mini inferno.

plain_simple
08-22-2006, 05:09 PM
switching any wire will make the Bl motor reverse

mOOsE
08-22-2006, 08:51 PM
brushless motors operate via alternating current in a sense so switching any two wires will change the order in which the motor receives the current, making it go backwards.

habitforming
08-23-2006, 01:34 AM
I think he's asking if you can have both forward and reverse on a brushless motor, as in pull the throttle, truck goes forward, push the throttle away, truck goes backward.

yes, any car brushless system SHOULD be capable of forward and reverse. Furthermore, you can usually adjust settings related to reverse (delay before switching, max speed, and so on)

The Quark 33A PRO CAR and Wraith 7K are without a doubt the most successful brushless combination for any 1/18th that will accept that motor size. but be forewarned, if you go with a 3 cell lipo, it will be VERY VERY fast. You will almost never need full throttle unless you're doing speed passes in an open parkinglot.