PDA

View Full Version : Align 35 Amp control for the H8

RURC
08-20-2006, 01:55 AM
OK gentilemen there is a new controller on the market. It is the Align 35 amp car controller. First and foremost I got this straight from the far east but it is available here now and I will update with an email address and web site for purchase.

There are many things about this I like. One of the biggest is the reputation. These guys make some of the mose extreem electric hellicopters around. They supply all the electronics for them also. They make their own motors and controllers and have been doing this for a while. With the punnishment a chopper gives equipment I felt confident that they would do very well in their first attempt at a car controller.

Next the throttle. Their throttel has over 200 steps in the foward direction.Meaning that if you want to creap along you can do that nicely without cogging. It has a very 'brushed' motor feel to the throttle. It is smooth and leiner.

Also the BEC. This is the only one I know that has a real 6 volt BEC. Your servos will come alive with authority and speed you did not know they had.

The intergrated heat sink was also a plus for this system. If you have run a Mamba on this car you know it gets hot fast. This controller gets hot also but never hickups or goes over board. After running a 11.1 lipo pack through it running hard on pavement with slicks it runs in at 197 degrees. Hot? Yes. But not damageing. Now the motor I can't beleive it stays together. The motor will come in at 220 to 230. The motor is a Hyperion 6000. I am going to change this to the Aon soon but I have other paying projects to get to first.

Programming the controler is simple and clean. Similar to the Mamba without the link. But simpler. My son has taken this outside on the pavement in the Florida sun and gone through 5 packs. One after another. Not stopping but to change packs and 2 times to replace rims that he cracked. That is another story.

It is slightly larger than the Mamba and smaller than the Quark. I will not make a comparison the the Quark. I have one but their is already a thread on that one. It fits well on the top center like the Quark and the Mamba and the MGM Compro.

Here are the photos. I have to resize the photos sorry. Here is a link to some photos...

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/michaelmeisman/detail?.dir=/29c9re2&.dnm=d797re2.jpg&.src=ph

morati
08-20-2006, 03:04 AM
Nice! Thanks for letting us know about this and for the review.....