PDA

View Full Version : brushless motor??

Takumi861
08-18-2006, 03:13 AM
is there any conversions needed to be made to install a castle creations brushless motor into the mini inferno?? i just want to know if the brushless motor is a direct replacement for the stock motor :confused:

JakeE
08-18-2006, 03:18 AM
It should be a direct replacement. Be aware however that the Mamba motors are a little small for the Mini Inferno. A better choice would be the AON 4900 (3S LiPo) or the Wraith 7K (2S LiPo / 8 NiMH), both of which are available from Bishop Power Products (Link (http://www.b-p-p.com)).

It is generally recommended that you install a metal motor mount with an upgraded motor. The stock unit can soften and move around due to the heat of an upgraded motor. This movement can wreak havoc with your gear mesh which will most likely result in a chewed up pinion and or center diff gear.

Takumi861
08-18-2006, 03:30 AM
i already upgraded the motor mount, so i'll go check out those motors. whats the difference between a 25 amp esc and a 33 amp esc for the brushless motor systems. does the motor's torque increase with more amps or something like that?