PDA

View Full Version : Question

46u
08-12-2006, 03:08 AM
How well do the brushless systems work with the NiHM 8 cell pack? Our local track does not allow LIPO.

rgcwr
08-12-2006, 05:32 PM
How well do the brushless systems work with the NiHM 8 cell pack? Our local track does not allow LIPO.

An 8 cell pack will do very well for a brushless motor. Escpecially those in the size range for the inferno.

46u
08-12-2006, 05:39 PM
What do you think about this set up or do you have one your recommended over this one?
http://www.b-p-p.com/proddetail.php?prod=df_Align&PHPSESSID=2e34e81ef0f71ac121a7bc561de8ada2
Thanks
Getting read to go race my nitro trucks. :D

rgcwr
08-12-2006, 05:47 PM
I do not know much about the motor but if you read the description you will notice this is an open can design and not recommended for running in dirt areas.

Most brushless motors that I have seen used are "sealed".

46u
08-12-2006, 05:59 PM
What do you recommended? I just do not what one of the small motors that I have been told are really to small for the 1/16 but are more suited for the 1/18. I am not going to get one just yet but am checking all my options.
Thanks

46u
08-13-2006, 07:10 PM
Here is an email I sent Bishop power products and there reply. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Hello,
What brushless system do you recommend for a Mini-Inferno with
an 8 cell
Nimh pack for off road racing? The one I see that looks best
says not
for dusty conditions and I want something durable.
Thanks

Hello Jeff, the Align is great motor but since its an open can
design
this can problems in very dusty/dirty situations. We do offer
hi-temp
metal film tape that you can use to seal all the open ports on
it if you
wish too. This works very well and will be included free if you
ask for
it in the checkout notes.

Otherwise choose the AON 4900 or Wraith 7K motors. Both have
incredible
torque and power with the Wraith being the faster of the two
(so fast
that its not recommended for small tracks). Hope this helps
and thanks
again

-Troy

rgcwr
08-13-2006, 07:31 PM
46u,

I have been reading more and more and it looks like the AON and Wraith are both great motors.

As BPP indicated the Wraith is one hell of a motor so if you are on a small track the AON might be better. Speed is not everything, if you can not keep the wheels hooked up to the surface it does not matter how fast the motor is.

I am thinking about the AON with a Quark 33 pro car combo running with 8 cell NimH. I have not located a 2 or 3 cell lipo saddle pack for the MI-ST.

46u
08-13-2006, 08:28 PM
I agree with you that all out speed is not everything as I race 2 nitro trucks one stadium and one monster truck. My stadium truck is one of the slowest at the track and matter of fact I race it against many burshless trucks but being it handles so well I have won 2 out of 4 races with it.

I know a couple years ago many talked about problems with the brushless and cogging is this still a problem at all?

Thanks

rgcwr
08-13-2006, 09:40 PM
Cogging can be an issue if you do not have the correct wiring and and good batteries so the current can flow to the motor with minimal resistance.

I like the Quark 33 Pro Car as it is in a case while the Mamba is only in shrink wrap.

In fact I have a Mamba 25 with a 6800kv in my rc18T. I run 7 cell packs and 2 cell lipo's and do not have a cogging problem.

The only reason I am looking for a slightly larger motor is for the MIST - bigger tires, heavier etc = a bigger / more torquier motor.

I have order two 42s Race packs from UnitedRC.com for the MIST. These should power any of the brushless motors without problems.

It will be a couple of weeks before I purchase a new brushless system. Need to save up a little cash. Just got my MIST two days ago.

Q8y_drifter
08-17-2006, 09:43 PM
46u, you probably know me on other forums as SSSavage25.
i just ordered a Wraith 7K and Quark 33A Pro-Car combo from BBP. Troy went ahead and soldered the connectors for free. AWESOME service!
i do need a pinion though and i believe the RC18T pinions fit perfectly. i'm going to order a few pinions from Tower along with a Hitec 81 servo. i will let you know how this combo works.

Q8y.

JakeE
08-18-2006, 03:13 AM
46u, you probably know me on other forums as SSSavage25.
i just ordered a Wraith 7K and Quark 33A Pro-Car combo from BBP. Troy went ahead and soldered the connectors for free. AWESOME service!
i do need a pinion though and i believe the RC18T pinions fit perfectly. i'm going to order a few pinions from Tower along with a Hitec 81 servo. i will let you know how this combo works.

Q8y.

I run the same setup except for the servo (HS85 instead of the HS81). It works very well and is pretty speedy on a 2S LiPo. So far I've had the best luck using RC18T pinions.

Ditto on the excellent service from Troy / BPP!!