PDA

View Full Version : Quark 33a ESC - I can't work it out!

Mut1ey
07-24-2006, 01:47 PM
Ok, I gave up on the Tower Pro - no neutral setting possible that I could work out. No neutral - not much use!

So..... I got the Quark 33. I have a 3-wire Kyosho 27mhz receiver so I'm not usuing the combined model that comes with the car. The Quark has a much better instruction manual. However, if I follow the instructions for car set-up in Basic setup mode I switch off the unit to end programming as instructed. However, when I switch the unit/ car back on, it takes an age before the unit seems to recognise that I am pulling the throttle (steering is there straight away), when it finally "realises" what I am doing it seems to go mad! Forward, reverese etc. I know the neutral isn't configured properly but it also seems to inconsistently accelarate and brake or reverse (depends on mode). i.e it doesn't seem to be responding properly to the commands from the transmitter throttle. I know that it recognises the transmitter because it beeps in recognition and beeps during programming. Programming relies on the transmitter. Maybe I am just not cut out for reading instructions! :confused:

I would appreciate any hints/ tips or better instructions if anybody has them.

Thanks

AkRacingProducts
07-24-2006, 03:09 PM
Exactly what equipment are you running? (motor, battery, radio)

Mut1ey
07-24-2006, 04:00 PM
Align 430 Motor

Hitec S85? Servo

3 cell Lipo

Kyosho Reveiver (27 am)

Kyosho stock Xmitter

habitforming
07-24-2006, 10:35 PM
I've heard of the quark esc not playing nice with AM receivers... I think this is a shining example. First step would be to test it out with an FM setup.

Mut1ey
07-25-2006, 10:08 PM
I've heard of the quark esc not playing nice with AM receivers... I think this is a shining example. First step would be to test it out with an FM setup.

That would mean more money. Anybody got other suggestions - I may as well buy a mamba as it would be cheaper than a new xmitter and receiver. Is the Mamba ok with AM?

Thanks

ChrisOFNA
07-25-2006, 11:17 PM
Ahh, i had this problem, switch the throttle reverse and reset everything. Trust me, it happened to me as well. ;)

Its definitely not the AM Transmitter, since I run mine AM.

Mut1ey
07-26-2006, 10:03 AM
Ahh, i had this problem, switch the throttle reverse and reset everything. Trust me, it happened to me as well. ;)

Its definitely not the AM Transmitter, since I run mine AM.

That is a relief. I will give that a try. Thanks.

Mut1ey
07-31-2006, 11:47 AM
Ok, so it plays nice when I am close-up - neutral set to correct position, forward, reverse and steering. However if I go more than say, 2 metres away, it stops respondind to the xmitter all together and has a little episode - steering twitches and throttles forwards and backwards.

Now, the receiver may be faulty and I did try to test with another AM but the Quark just beeps continuously so guess it doesn't like the Tamiya alternative receiver for some reason. Chris - what receiver are you running and are you using the MIF crystals?

Alternatively it could be as habitforming says, I need FM.

I am based in the UK but would not have thought that would make any difference.

Thanks

Mutts

Mut1ey
08-10-2006, 03:47 PM
Ok, so it plays nice when I am close-up - neutral set to correct position, forward, reverse and steering. However if I go more than say, 2 metres away, it stops respondind to the xmitter all together and has a little episode - steering twitches and throttles forwards and backwards.

Now, the receiver may be faulty and I did try to test with another AM but the Quark just beeps continuously so guess it doesn't like the Tamiya alternative receiver for some reason. Chris - what receiver are you running and are you using the MIF crystals?

Alternatively it could be as habitforming says, I need FM.

I am based in the UK but would not have thought that would make any difference.

Thanks

Mutts

Just to tidy up the loose end - I needed to get onto FM and it now works a treat!

ChrisOFNA
08-10-2006, 07:06 PM
I don't understand how the radio woulda made the difference, because im running AM and it works great... you must of had bad crystals or a bad Rx.

habitforming
08-10-2006, 11:25 PM
Yeah, I could just remember reading it wrong. To clarify, I didn't have the problem directly; I just thought I remembered reading somewhere that someone had the problem.

H8er
08-12-2006, 04:48 PM
What does the Mini Inferno RTR come with, FM or AM? So does it actually play nice with AM, or did I read wrong? Is the Quark best with FM?