PDA

View Full Version : Half 8 is here!

RRCRC
04-19-2005, 11:30 AM
Just got our half 8!
It is a great car out of the box nice stock radio!
Way faster than our Mini T in its stock form.
Adjusted slipper and servo saver to our liking and bingo runs like a champ!
Now we are waiting on Shawn.
Can you say Li Po, Mamba, oil shocks!
I like just looking at this car it is way cool.

Hey Bit hook me up with some cool parts!!!!!!!

Tom@rrcrc.com
We are working on a dirt track here hope it works out!
http://rrcrc.com/v-web/bulletin/bb/viewtopic.php?t=69
http://www.rrcrc.com/

RURC
04-19-2005, 06:03 PM
Tom,
No need to wait for Shawn unless you are waiting for the Maxx. Until all of my H8's got stolen I had 3 of them on Mambas. Works great. Had one going over 50. Right now I am waiting for 4 more I ordered to get here and then comes the long wait for the police to give me my cars and accessories that were stolen back to me. I understand this can take about 6 to 8 months. We did catch the guy, in another state. Stick the mamba in it and order the shocks. Then goto Country allow works and get the aluminum shock towers. The stock ones to flex a lot.

lukeita
04-19-2005, 08:16 PM
Hello
Which is the best Mamba kit in your opinion for 8cell pack? 6800kV? 8000kV?
thanks

RURC
04-20-2005, 10:46 AM
The "which one " question is so hard to answer. I really like the 6800. It has real good torque and can run the H8 to nearly 50 mph. The 8000 is crazy fast. If you do not have a very good radio (I reccomend the Profi / Multiplex line) that can control every aspect of the car electronics, the 8000 can be very hard to control. I have a Mini T that hits over 70 mph and if I could not control the speed and limit of the steering servo it would be impossable to control. If you are going to be racing I would say the 5200 or the 6800 not the 8000. The 5200 has tons of torque and is still very fast. If you just need all out speed get the 8000. But what ever you get you must buy a heatsink for the motor. Hope this helps.

lukeita
04-20-2005, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the infos... I was at my local shop this morning and I could try a MiniT with 8000kV: too crazy! It's fun but very hard to control... I ordered the 5400, which should be the best "trade off" between speed and torque (and with offroad cars I think it's very important to have great torque)
bye

RURC
04-20-2005, 01:40 PM
You will do well with that. I have that in my race cars.

Dont for get the heatsink. It is vital to keep the temp under control. It will get hot in the H8.

paulj2
04-20-2005, 03:11 PM
Dont for get the heatsink. It is vital to keep the temp under control. It will get hot in the H8.

Have you found a particular heatsink that is more effective than others for the H8 with a 8000 Mamba?

kerk
04-20-2005, 03:44 PM
The "which one " question is so hard to answer. I really like the 6800. It has real good torque and can run the H8 to nearly 50 mph. The 8000 is crazy fast. If you do not have a very good radio (I reccomend the Profi / Multiplex line) that can control every aspect of the car electronics, the 8000 can be very hard to control. I have a Mini T that hits over 70 mph and if I could not control the speed and limit of the steering servo it would be impossable to control. If you are going to be racing I would say the 5200 or the 6800 not the 8000. The 5200 has tons of torque and is still very fast. If you just need all out speed get the 8000. But what ever you get you must buy a heatsink for the motor. Hope this helps.

Hi RURC, my first post here.

Just a question, what size pinion are you using on the 6800? And the number of cells?

Thanks.

RURC
04-20-2005, 05:21 PM
Hi RURC, my first post here.

Just a question, what size pinion are you using on the 6800? And the number of cells?

Thanks.
I dont remember right now. I would look but my stuff got stolen and now the police have them and I cant get them back for a while. But in the battery I was running both the 7.4 and 11.1 lipo's with the same pinion.

Have you found a particular heatsink that is more effective than others for the H8 with a 8000 Mamba?

Just find the biggest fins you can.