PDA

View Full Version : Kyosho Mini-inferno and Futaba 2PL

ryancmlam
07-15-2006, 06:02 AM
I have a new Futaba 2PL controller and a non-modified
kyosho mini-inferno. All electronic equipments (servo+ receiver/esc combine unit) are the orginal Kyosho ones. When I use my new Futaba 2PL to control this mini-inferno, the steering servo vibrates seriously when making a left turn or making a brake. The car seems out of control under such circustances and moves forward and backward.

This problem appears only if using this new Futaba 2PL. The mini-inferno is normal when using other controllers e.g. KO AM Ex-1, Kyosho Perfex old and new models etc..

I also check the function of this new Futaba 2PL is normal. When it control other cars, it is ok.

I don't know why it happens. Who can help me? Thanks for your advices in advance.

MrUnlimited
07-15-2006, 05:24 PM
It looks like the receiver makes the failure as you said the transmitter works fine with other cars. Did you check the crystals? Maybe they are the problem.

ryancmlam
07-16-2006, 02:16 PM
It looks like the receiver makes the failure as you said the transmitter works fine with other cars. Did you check the crystals? Maybe they are the problem.

The receiver also functions well when it is controlled by other transmitter. What I can prove at this moment are:
1, The original mini-inferno receiver/esc combined unit can be controlled by all controllers that I have except Futaba 2PL and
2. The futaba 2PL controller can control all receivers that I have except the original mini-inforno receiver.

Mut1ey
07-31-2006, 01:57 PM
The receiver also functions well when it is controlled by other transmitter. What I can prove at this moment are:
1, The original mini-inferno receiver/esc combined unit can be controlled by all controllers that I have except Futaba 2PL and
2. The futaba 2PL controller can control all receivers that I have except the original mini-inforno receiver.

I have a similar problem - I tried the 27am receiver from my Tamiya - which may well be a Futaba (I would need to check though) - and it just doesn't like my Mini-inferno.

46u
08-12-2006, 02:39 AM
It will not work with the stock Mini Inferno RC/ESC. Not all radio equipment is compatible with each other. Does not matter if both are AM 27 MHz. I found this out years ago from experience.