PDA

View Full Version : East Coast 1/18th Scale Championship!

WhoMe
04-19-2005, 04:40 AM
Whats up race fans! We have something new for you. Pottbelly’s RC in Pittsgrove New Jersey is proud to present the East Coast 1/18th Scale Championships. October 28,29,30. We plan on putting your 1/18th scale trucks and sedans to the test on our indoor off-road and indoor carpet track. You heard right Pottbelly’s R/C raceway houses both an indoor carpet track and an indoor dirt/clay race track. Its time to put these trucks on the dirt and test their metal on a ninety by forty foot race track with all the bumps and jumps you’d expect to find on a off road race track. Let’s not forget all you on road micro fans, we will be gathering the fastest 1/18th scale sedans together for a competition on the carpet as well. The East Coast 1/18th scale Championships sponsor’s will include Trinity, Castle Creations, Tekin, One18th.com, UnitedRC, Nomadio and many more yet to be announced. Below is an attachment that has the rules, facility layout and a few other details. The Race Guide is attached here for you to check out what is coming. The daily format will be released shortly but it’s a planned 3 day event Friday practice, Saturday practice and qualifying Sunday finals and some activities in between. These things aren’t written in stone but if you have any questions please feel free to email me at the address indicated on the attachment.
Email: EastCoastChamps@PottBellysRC.com
or call 856-207-2495 for more information

Rules and Info: http://www.pottbellysrc.com/champ/Intro1.doc
http://www.pottbellysrc.com/champ/Race%20Location1.doc

P.S. And if you guys are wondering..well it says 1/18th whats this got to do with us?...Well we are putting together a special Half 8 class for this race!

WhoMe
05-05-2005, 03:35 PM
Trinity
Castle Creations
Tekin
One18th.com
United RC
Nomadio
*New Sponsor*
Team Associated

Check back to this thread for future updates! The list just keeps growing and growing!

WhoMe
07-22-2005, 02:02 AM
A couple of pictures of the track. Enjoy!

mOOsE
07-22-2005, 02:04 AM
Looks awsome. I know when I hit Cali this Nov, the half eight is going on its first Airplane Ride

.5x8
07-22-2005, 09:10 PM
THAT IS A TIGHT TRACK! woo my h8 would clear those double doubles like nothing =]

oo moose!! make sure to stop by socal during saturdays!!! plenty of room for offroaders...the track is practically all mine, with some other people..since its onroad race day..BUT ITS FUN ANYWAYS! gonna go to socal tomorrow after i clean up and make sure everythings running properly.

mOOsE
07-22-2005, 10:24 PM
yup, I usually do stop by socal when I am down there. Last time I was there, I ran my mini-t before they had brushless. I outran all the other 1/10's on the track. It was funny.

.5x8
07-22-2005, 11:19 PM
lmao, aiite, well if u see a chubby asian kid with h8, THATS ME! =] its a stock body, with all the decals taken off....and you would probably see me zoom down the straight =] since i got bl now muahahha

WhoMe
07-22-2005, 11:33 PM
Beleive it or not the double doubles are kinda tricky. While they dont require oodles of power to clear they do require really good timing. If you dont land the car on the down slope you wont be able to carry enough speed for the second. Its gonna be a blast to race the Half 8's on it.

mOOsE
07-23-2005, 12:48 AM
Thats why you get enough power to clear them all at once lol

.5x8
07-23-2005, 01:17 AM
exactly! x] my h8 could probably clear em all..with my aon 4900 x]

WhoMe
07-23-2005, 02:22 AM
Ive seen many try and fail..even in 1/10th scale buggies. The flying part is easy..its the stopping and making a 180 degree turn is whats the killer.

mOOsE
07-23-2005, 02:55 AM
isn't there a wall to stop you lol?

WhoMe
07-23-2005, 03:45 AM
It has greeted me too often :eek: *splat*

WhoMe
09-20-2005, 03:23 AM
Attention all 1:18th Fans.... guess I should say 1:16th fans here... LOL

I just got a e-mail from Competition R/C. They are the US distributor for GQ Racing Products. GQ has a new line of 1:18 foam tires. For Every Entry recieved before October 15 They will give each driver who enters a micro class a free set of tires. 1 set per driver not micro entry. .Paid registration must be in by October 15th. You can check out the GQ products at http://www.comtetition-rc.com/GQ.htm They have a lot of cool stuff there.

Also more good news Nomadio makers of the Bad boy of Bad Boys DSM radios is putting up a new Nomadio Sensor Radio System to be given away. You can check that out at http://www.nomadio.net

I'm trying to get some confirmation on Entry hadnouts for the offroad now. As soon as I hear back I will post it online.

Also we have decided that if we get 20 Early Registrations for the Half 8 and Mini Monster Classes we will enter them as full classes not exhibition. Rules won't change they will remain run what you brung classes

k_bojar
09-20-2005, 03:38 PM
There's that typo again :eek: :D

Competition R/C's addy is http://www.competition-rc.com :D

k_bojar
09-26-2005, 04:00 PM
Attention Race Fans!!! Attention All Race Fans!!

Time is Drawing Near.. and Things still need to be made Clear..LOL

A number of questions have come up with the tire rules for Offroad. So I'd just like to take a minute to make sure everyone understand them clearly.

I'll start out with the easiest first. The Open Classes are the Do whatever you want classes. Run Whatever you can bolt on them. Whatever you can make up from anything you want.

The Second Easiest is the Sportsman class. If it's not a originally desinged tire for the vehicle it's not legal. No touring car adapters and rally tires, No half 8 hex's and half 8 tires. 1/18th scale truck tires on 1/18th scale rims.

Now the Big Class where all the questions come in Pro Modified. Here we are allowing some creativity but putting a little cap on it. The Cap is basically the manufacturing of a tire or otherwise known as Cuts. You can run any tire on Any wheel it was made to run on. You can use touring adapters and run Rally Tires, You can use Half 8 hex's and run half 8 tires. But don't cut down a set of wholeshots and glue then to another wheel. You can take Mini T tires and put them on Monster wheels. Long as you do not have to modify the tire or wheel to put it together..

I hope this clears things up... Any Questions e-mail EastCoastChamps@PottBellysRC.com

Time is getting closer, the entries are rolling in...If we get enough half8's entered, Pottbelly will move the Half8 from exhibition to full class :D

Regan LeBlanc
09-28-2005, 09:22 PM
How many half 8's do you have signed up?

k_bojar
09-28-2005, 09:33 PM
How many half 8's do you have signed up?

Regan - I know there are about 10 local guys that have them and all of those should be out for the big race...PottbellysRC has the actual expected amount, so I'll leave the "official" answer to him :D

is Team Kyosho thinking about making a trip to New Jersey :confused: :D :eek:

k_bojar
09-28-2005, 09:36 PM
Just spoke to Pottbelly and off the top of his head, he thinks he has 10 entries for the event...

If you have any questions, just email him at eastcoastchamps@pottbellysrc.com

PottBellysRC
09-30-2005, 03:54 PM
Hi Regan looks like we've loaded the A-Main and with the new recent Additions are building the B-Main for the Open Half 8 Class. Formal Class as you are already aware of now.

Official UPDATE!!!!

The Open Half 8 Mini inferno Class is now a Official Event Class

Thanks to KYOSHO

Kyosho has come on board to Sponsor the Half 8 scale portion of the event. This will include the addition of a Spec Class. We're going to see if there is interest in it and if so we will run it. So look for the new registration forms online at www.pottbellysrc.com.

The Spec Class will be simple and Sweet. Stock Electronics, Kyosho XSpeed Motor, Any Oil Filles Shocks, 2/3A 8 Cell Packs and Kit tires only, (The Kit Tires work Really well on our track). And last Rule if it aint in the rules it aint legal.

Regan has told me he's coming out with one of the Team Kyosho International Drivers and I hope a few more friends from the west coast. I'm prying for names but nothing yet. :D So I guess what was the East Coast Championships has now become a National/international Event with the addition of the west coast racers and new entry's from Canada. Can we hit Europe? Turn this into the Worlds..:):)

k_bojar
09-30-2005, 03:56 PM
Like I said before...

Freakin' sweet!!! :D :eek:

Come on "BQ"

Regan LeBlanc
09-30-2005, 08:59 PM
Everyone spread the word, if you have a mini you have to be there. Hopefully we can get alot more signed up. I can promise R/C Car magazine coverage so if you want to be in the mag you have to be there.
We are looking forward to showing/racing? the mini ST truggy's as well as bringing our personal mini 777's. We might also have the NRX that Mr. Hirosaka designed that Kyosho is close to production on for the onroad racers.

And we just want to talk with our customers about the product, what we have in the pipeline, and what you would like to see. Kyosho is in this class for the long haul. I know several other companys working on them (buggys) now so it's soon to explode. The future looks really fun!!! ;) :D

WhoMe
10-02-2005, 05:36 AM
Cant wait, sounds like this is going to be a blast.

k_bojar
10-06-2005, 03:31 PM
well its official...

Pottbelly's R/C East Coast Challange went international :D This morning saw word of 3 confirmed Canadian drivers making the trip :D and rumors says another 2 or 3 will be coming as well...

Get your registrations in quick this week :D All micro entries will receive a set (front & rear) of GQ Products Micro tires...GQ's bigger tires has out-of-this-world wear and grip characteristics, so the micro tires should be awesome as well :)

Get you entry from online at http://www.pottbellysrc.com or http://www.pottbellysrc.com/ECC/EastCoastChamps1.pdf

PottBellysRC
10-07-2005, 05:26 AM
Ok Race Fans here's the scoop on what's been going on.

First I have to say BIG THANKS before the race even starts to Castle Creations, Trinity and Kyosho for the Primary support, not just in materials but sending out top notch pro racers to race with us and share their knowledge and maybe make new connections. Also most of our other sponsors will also be in the house. Tekin, URC, One18th.

I have not heard if Nomadio will be there but we are getting the Sensor system. One nice high tech radio system. Associated is also taking care of us for the race, Last I recently was told there's chance they might come now. There was a conflict but maybe it'll change. How awesome would that be? Team Associated and Team Trinity IB Spyder vs 18T head to head in the DIRT where they belong.... :)

Latest Big News Team Kyosho came on board to Support the event. So with their support we've added a class to half 8 and they are now full classes in the event. There is the open class which is as it was stated nothing has changed there. We've added a spec class which will be (Stock Electronics, 8 2/3A cell bat pack max, Kyosho XSpeed Motor, Any Oil Shocks) so if you are interested in Spec Half 8 there's a new version of the registration form on our website www.pottbellysrc.com with the new classes.

I heard some rumors on the threads about Mag coverage of the race. We have been guaranteed one of 2 Magazines will be there. I'm hoping for both. They both came in from different directions at the same time. So I'm going to make sure all is cool between them before I give names but they both said they would. So we WILL have coverage. Just ironing out the details.

Friday Night we're having an Open Buffet Party at the track during evening practice. It'll run from about 6 or 7 till we wrap up Friday night so you can bench race with the guys or practice till you pass out.... LOL....

OCTOBER 15th one week from tomorrow is the cut off for the free tires from GQ Racing. We finally completed testing them and have what we feel is a good combination that GQ will provide for Micro Racers registered before the 15th.

October 25th is the cut off for Early Registration. Right now the Open Half 8 and Pro Mod Micro classes are the largest. Both starting to fill B Mains. Pro Mod 4wd truck has almost filed the A. Surprisingly we've had No 2wd truck entries to date. And the one sportsman class entry switched up to PRO. So surprisingly we have no Sportsman class entries in any vehicles. Mostly Pro Mod Entries and Half 8. We do have a couple open 4wd truck and open micro entries. This does not count a number of entries I'm told are in the mail. And does not include all the sponsors’ entries. I should have those soon. Once I get all the sponsors listed I will post a detailed list.

One cool thing about registrations so far is we're really no longer the East Coast Championships. The west coast came on board and now with the Canadian entries coming I believe it bumps is to intercontinental have to check that...now all we need is one or 2 from Europe, and Asia we could call it the WORLDS... :):):)

There’s more to come I will keep everyone posted. Our Sponsors are a lot of fun to work with and have some cool fun ideas for stuff.

BitHed
10-07-2005, 07:19 AM
...Being in Japan and all, if i APPLY to race and then pull a no-show do i STILL get the tires ? ;) Man you guys KNOW i would love to be there...it breaks my heart that i CANT be there...Would I perhaps be allowed to send over the PanicToys banner and be there in spirit? Maybe I can supply my regular shots of gum as consolation prices? Help me out you guys...You cant have ALL the fun without me!! :o

k_bojar
10-07-2005, 01:12 PM
Would I perhaps be allowed to send over the PanicToys banner and be there in spirit? Maybe I can supply my regular shots of gum as consolation prices? Help me out you guys...You cant have ALL the fun without me!! :o

Sure you can Bit :D

I'm sure Pottbelly would be willing to work something out...Or worse case, I can eat the gum :D Actually the consolation prize pack of gum would be an interesting idea :) As well as some "panic toys" decals (hint, hint)

plain_simple
10-07-2005, 02:54 PM
Not promising or comitting to anything but... would you guys consider lodging and food for an european?! I mean... tickets to fly there cost here less then $400USD and that would be for sure a blast of a weekend :cool:
Perfect idea of vacations for someone that didnt had them in 2 years lmao
Got a question though... does the schedule allows for one driver to race both H8 and 1/18 scales?
And another question is... is there gona be a M18 race on the carpet as well? Ok now i'm dreaming in colors... that would be too much to focus on.. i'll keep my eyes only on the offroad subject ;)

EphiDelt490
10-07-2005, 03:38 PM
Damn these hurricanes :(, I wish I could be there. No cash and the plane ticket I had is going to my mom so she can go see her mother before she goes in for surgery. Maybe something will come up and I'll still be able to make it.

PottBellysRC
10-07-2005, 04:33 PM
Not promising or comitting to anything but... would you guys consider lodging and food for an european?! I mean... tickets to fly there cost here less then $400USD and that would be for sure a blast of a weekend :cool:
Perfect idea of vacations for someone that didnt had them in 2 years lmao
Got a question though... does the schedule allows for one driver to race both H8 and 1/18 scales?
And another question is... is there gona be a M18 race on the carpet as well? Ok now i'm dreaming in colors... that would be too much to focus on.. i'll keep my eyes only on the offroad subject ;)

If you were flying in from Europe I would see what I can do to help cut some costs. not sure what think about it an de-mail me at EastCoastChamps@pottbellysrc.com .

The way the event will run is onroad will run first then offroad runs. as a whole round. I just switch the loop ion the computer to the offroad track and we go down there. It's seemless and yes it's easy to run both track you can enter on and offroad.

I was gonna post the pic of the floorplan here but I can't. If you e-mail me I will send it to you. the picture is bigger then the thread will allow me to upload.

BitHead e-mail me also we can work something out.

k_bojar
10-07-2005, 04:46 PM
Oh man....everyone wants in :D

Regan LeBlanc
10-07-2005, 10:38 PM
Kyosho is also stepping up with Half 8 ST versions for the top three in the open buggy class. They will not be available yet but you can turn in your gift coupon and get 1 of the first in the country when they get here. Plus there are many other giveaways for everyone else.

Still deciding who will go with me to the race?

k_bojar
10-07-2005, 11:02 PM
Kyosho is also stepping up with Half 8 ST versions for the top three in the open buggy class. They will not be available yet but you can turn in your gift coupon and get 1 of the first in the country when they get here. Plus there are many other giveaways for everyone else.

I'm in :D just waiting on my engine :)

BitHed
10-08-2005, 01:24 AM
...Pottbelly I will think of something funny to say and send you a note :D

...K_B...of COURSE everyone wants in...Something THIS big? i would love to go but its a LITTLE bit far away :( I cant see Mrs. Bit saying YES to THAT trip...if it was Hawaii maybe I could swing it...

...Regan...Mate I am pleased about those giveaways...You need my address for that? :D

k_bojar
10-08-2005, 01:11 PM
...K_B...of COURSE everyone wants in...Something THIS big? i would love to go but its a LITTLE bit far away :( I cant see Mrs. Bit saying YES to THAT trip...if it was Hawaii maybe I could swing it...

Well work on the the trip in small pieces :D Japan to hawaii - get the ok :D Hawaii to CA - get the ok...then don't tell her about the trip to the east coast...YOu'll be fine, she'd never know - we sure wouldn't tell her ;)

plain_simple
10-08-2005, 05:27 PM
One thing is for sure.. i would love to meet Sensei Bithed in person! :D

PottBellysRC
10-09-2005, 12:50 AM

KayBo you are slipping... usually you beat everyone on posting... I thinks we have a new fastest KeyBoard and he's from the West....LOL.....

We can't Thank Kyosho enough for what they are doing for the event especially the half 8 guys. ..

Bit it'd be awesome if you could come out We'll get some palm trees just tell Mrs Bit it's Hawaii the local side not the tourist section...LOL... I got your mail YHM shortly.. Been a busy day just getting caught up...

BitHed
10-10-2005, 01:15 AM
...Ok i think i can realistically rule out ACTUALLY going...US immigration just turned down my request for entry anyway...They have never QUITE gotten over that incident with the jello and the wig :o Yup...just mulling over my options...

k_bojar
10-10-2005, 01:00 PM
...Ok i think i can realistically rule out ACTUALLY going...US immigration just turned down my request for entry anyway...They have never QUITE gotten over that incident with the jello and the wig :o Yup...just mulling over my options...

Man, what jerk's those immigration people are :D Can't they take a joke?? :D:D

WhoMe
10-11-2005, 01:47 PM
Some new pics of the pit space and track!

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b257/WhoMe_/Untitled-11.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b257/WhoMe_/Untitled-9.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b257/WhoMe_/Untitled-5.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b257/WhoMe_/Untitled-1.jpg

k_bojar
10-11-2005, 02:59 PM
Damn, the track is looking good...

its gonna look even better once it filled with racers :)

PottBellysRC
10-13-2005, 02:57 AM
Hi Race fans. We're coming down to the 2 week mark.

First and foremost Early Registration Closes the 25th but if you want in on the Free GQ Micro Tires from Competition R/C Products I have to have registration post marked by the 15th. If you mail it on the 15th please e-mail me at EastCoastChamps@PottBellysRC.com

Also any of you not so local racers who feel like taking a drive. This saturday the 15th we are having the start of our Winter Champ Series Race 1. It's our Monthly in house 1/18th series. 6 races one drop there's info on our web site. We open at 3:00pm saturday and start at 6:30pm and usually wrap up by 10 to 10:30. Come get in some practice racing. We are also open sunday the 16th and sunday the 23rd for anyone who wants to come race and get track time before the event. I do have the layout down for the big race Setup there is what is going to be raced for the big day. ( No my locals can only get in on the track these days also :-) )

Rules Clarification

Actually I just updated this in the rules and will have the new version on the web site shortly. For all Sportsman classes. This is something I thought of after seeing all the wild things some of the Pro drivers do. LOL... the Handout Motors must remain unmodified, Cantabs, EndBell the whole motor. If you with to replace the brushes they must be replaced with stock replacements. to allow some tunability you may Drill, file or basically shape the brushes if you want but that is it. So there's a little tuning you can do.

I did hear from Kyosho and they are bringing Jeremy Kortz. Some of you have heard of him some may have not. If you look him up online he's quite a experienced racer. Rumors I heard he has been seen on TV, doing R/C in the Monster Garage. Raced and has beat some of the best we know in the industry. I hear he's quite a personality too. On top of all that he'll most likely hand it to most of us on the track...LOL.... I know he's running Half 8 but have not heard if he's jumping into other classes yet. I also got a crate from Kyosho yesterday of some awesome stuff on top of the 3 Mini Inferno ST's to give away and raffle off. Can't thank them enough.

Notes for Pit Prep

There's power at both ends of each row of tables. So you should pack a short extension cord. Also anyone Driving to help out with Chairs if you can bring a chair it will help make sure all those flying have chairs. A small pit light is recomended. The Cieling lights cast shadows a lot.

There's lots more to follow as we get closer to the Big Weekend. Thanks to All who have already got their registrations in. I'll post the Entry list after the Tire cut off.

BitHed
10-13-2005, 05:53 AM
...WOW!! I can see a GREAT spot for the PanicToys banner!! :D

k_bojar
10-13-2005, 01:11 PM
...WOW!! I can see a GREAT spot for the PanicToys banner!! :D

:D Yeah, we're saving a spot for you!! :D

PottBellysRC
10-13-2005, 03:38 PM
:D Yeah, we're saving a spot for you!! :D

we're going to have the Wet Banner Contest KayBo will be dressing up in the Panic Toys banner.... LOL.... j/k

k_bojar
10-13-2005, 04:12 PM
we're going to have the Wet Banner Contest KayBo will be dressing up in the Panic Toys banner.... LOL.... j/k

:eek: :eek: that's a thought and site NO ONE NEEDS TO see :D

bermbuster
10-13-2005, 07:05 PM
I just bought a used half 8 (in transit). What is the hot set up for Potbellies? My son who is 6 will run it in the spec class. Im thinking about picking up screw set and a new body for starters. It is coming with some spares.....(dogbones and drive cups) I will have almost no time to order parts......will potbellies have a selection if i need some last minute stuff???
Me and my son are pretty excited for the race.....thanks for any and all info and help.
Berm

k_bojar
10-13-2005, 08:37 PM
I just bought a used half 8 (in transit). What is the hot set up for Potbellies? My son who is 6 will run it in the spec class. Im thinking about picking up screw set and a new body for starters. It is coming with some spares.....(dogbones and drive cups) I will have almost no time to order parts......will potbellies have a selection if i need some last minute stuff???
Me and my son are pretty excited for the race.....thanks for any and all info and help.
Berm

Drew should be able to hook you up with a set-up...not sure about a spec set-up, I'm not sure if anyone keep theirs at that stage...Worse comes to Worse, let him run in the open class....it will be a good experience for him :D and with the caliber of drivers coming out - not too mention the team guys - your son should be taken car of pretty good :D

PottBellysRC
10-13-2005, 08:46 PM
Berm, I have replacement parts in case you break but the half 8's are tough I've launched mine over the triiple a few times and it's not broken so with the spec motor and 8 cells I don't think you will have a issue. No hop ups yet but I have tons of stuff from the sponsors.

As for setup Good Dampening I hope you have oil shocks. I run 50wt in the front and 42.5 in the rear with the Kyosho Shocks not sure how this would apply with the other shock makes. I also run the red springs and I'm going to try the Blue ones. I think I have the hopup spring sets have to double check that.

EphiDelt490
10-13-2005, 08:47 PM
I knew they'd bring Kortz :D. Yall better be ready, lol. Check out some video of him whipping ass with that SP2 of his ;)... Wish I could make it.

k_bojar
10-13-2005, 09:04 PM
I knew they'd bring Kortz :D. Yall better be ready, lol. Check out some video of him whipping ass with that SP2 of his ;)... Wish I could make it.

Yeah, I'm fully prepared for the butt whooping that I'm sure he'll put down...

But it will be an incredible learning experince nonetheless...Regan's half8 was nice, but Jeremy's should be outta this world :D

We'll have to find a small spy cam to get some pics :D

bermbuster
10-14-2005, 12:28 AM
Drew should be able to hook you up with a set-up...not sure about a spec set-up, I'm not sure if anyone keep theirs at that stage...Worse comes to Worse, let him run in the open class....it will be a good experience for him :D and with the caliber of drivers coming out - not too mention the team guys - your son should be taken car of pretty good :D
The cool thing is I know all you guys will help someone get the vehicle hooked up. That is what I love about this hobby. I would gladly let him race open but his driving may cause a few big crashes.....I want to see the open guys fly, make rooster tails and plain just kick butt.......I will say this for the Potbelly crew you guys bought into the half 8 from day one.......you believe in Kyosho and they are coming in full force.......that is so sweet........I think we are lucky because a race of this caliber on the east coast is more like a dream......Im glad I can be part of it.

PottBellysRC
10-14-2005, 02:15 AM
We'll get you hooked up. One way or another. They call me Joe Kyosho around here. I've run Kyosho Nitro Touring cars for years now. The V-One series are some excellent stuff and with the great parts and hop up support they had for those the half 8 was a no brainer. So yeah I'm a bit of a Kyosho fan...LOL

For Spec the stock tires will probably work best. They actually work great for mod but are too soft for the Big Power. With Big power you will eat up a stock set in 3 rounds. (Bald) but with the regular spec power they should hold up fine and have great traction.

As far as action goes there will be some high flying fast action the track is fast. I bet we see some quad attempts and successes. Even the tripple is a awesome flight. But no rooster tails.. Unless someone is runnign steel spike you can't kick this dirt up. Sorry inside had to go with hard pack dirt. It's the only way to keep the dust down for the carpet. :) :)

Regan LeBlanc
10-14-2005, 08:27 PM
Jeremy's car sicker than mine bahahahahahaha!

He calls every day worried about my ride. He knows. :rolleyes:

Just put on the Kyosho aluminum front steering knuckles and a new Novak fan. We have 3 of the St versions here now, i have been pushin gthem around for a couple days as they won't let us run them till I-hobby show. Can't wait to steel the diffs for my buggy. But it also means we wont be able to race the open truck class this time. Thats alright we can woop up on the 18 AE buggy they are coming out with :p

k_bojar
10-14-2005, 09:05 PM
Jeremy's car sicker than mine bahahahahahaha!

He calls every day worried about my ride. He knows. :rolleyes:

Just put on the Kyosho aluminum front steering knuckles and a new Novak fan. We have 3 of the St versions here now, i have been pushin gthem around for a couple days as they won't let us run them till I-hobby show. Can't wait to steel the diffs for my buggy. But it also means we wont be able to race the open truck class this time. Thats alright we can woop up on the 18 AE buggy they are coming out with :p

sounds good...any chance of you "stealing" a couple of extra diffs?? :eek: :D

Regan LeBlanc
10-14-2005, 10:16 PM
3 trucks means 6 diffs, 2 for me and 2 for Jeremy and 2 for the display truck we will have. Sorry i wish i had handfulls to pass out. but we don't have them yet

k_bojar
10-16-2005, 04:21 PM
3 trucks means 6 diffs, 2 for me and 2 for Jeremy and 2 for the display truck we will have. Sorry i wish i had handfulls to pass out. but we don't have them yet

oh well ;) Can't blame a guy for trying :D

bermbuster
10-17-2005, 12:30 AM
I heard from a reliable source that Castle Creations is about to release a new version of software for the Mamba 25.....It will have a drag brake feature.
Im curious if it will be out in time for the race. Everybody bring your phx link cables......

EphiDelt490
10-17-2005, 12:43 AM
You don't need drag brake ;), just punch it. This race is gonna be sick :). I love the fact that Regan is talking sh*t about the AE buggy, lol, nice. Keep talking it down so maybe they'll bring in Cav and let him wheel it. Don't think it would matter in the dirt, that damn thing is just an 18T with skinnier front tires/wheels and buggy body :rolleyes:, and we all know the K-car eats 18T's for breakfast. You guys are going to have a blast.

-Adam

....Oh, Berm if you want to shoot me an email at adamjoiner@gmail.com, I'll get ya hooked up on what we were talking about on one18th ;).

BitHed
10-17-2005, 12:58 AM
...cant wait to hear how these new diffs run...Damn i wish i was going :( How many entrants so far?

k_bojar
10-17-2005, 09:11 PM
I'm not sure how many we are up to at this moment..I know Pottbelly got several registrations Saturday nite at the track...

From what I heard before, the Open Half8 class was almost about 1/2 way thru a "B" main...and that was before last minute registrations and some of the locals that tend to just "show up with new vehicles" for events :)

I'm just waiting on my Mini Rage and my "X" tires (hint, hint Bit ;) ) and then the buggy will be ready to rock with its "flamin' Crowd Pleaser" :D

BitHed
10-17-2005, 11:20 PM
...Im working on it buddy...I am using a different supplier to usual and the guy is slower than an OJ Simpson comeback campaign...I might even just upgrade you to warp-speed postage ;)

k_bojar
10-18-2005, 12:50 AM
...Im working on it buddy...I am using a different supplier to usual and the guy is slower than an OJ Simpson comeback campaign...I might even just upgrade you to warp-speed postage ;)

that's cool...just figured I'd get a little dig in there :D

PottBellysRC
10-19-2005, 06:55 PM
Here's the Entry list so far as of Saturday. I had some people jump around classes and a couple who could not swing it after registering so that's the differences in some of the earlier numbers I posted. Sorry it took a while but I had some issues with a deer to get taken care of. The 25th is the cut off for early registration rates and you can register Friday or Saturday at the track.

Sportsman Micro

George Behrman
Frank Behrman
Kosta Hatzis
Pierre Valiquette
Maxime Beauvais
Jose Gonzalez
Eric Farrell
Frank Bicking
Rudy Diaz
Ryan Kangas

Pro Modified Micro

Ryan DalNogre
Drew Anastasio
Ariel "WhoMe" Lopez
Dave Graboski
Jeff Whineholt
Mark Alspach
"Lo"Bo Beyl
Mike Bailey
Maxime Beauvais
Ray Gowdown
Frank Bicking

Open Micro

Jeff Whineholt
Pierre Valiquette
John Ceci
Frank Bicking

Pro Mod 4wd Truck

Kevin Bojarski
Dave Graboski
Jeff Whineholt
Jose Gonzalez
Ray Godown

Open Mini Inferno

Regan LeBlanc
Jeremy Kortz
Drew Anastasio
Ariel "WhoMe" Lopez
Jose Gonzalez
Mark Alspach
Kevin Bojarski
Ray Godown

EphiDelt490
10-19-2005, 07:24 PM
Man.... I really wish I could make this race. You guys need a live video feed on the PottBelly website!

-Adam

k_bojar
10-19-2005, 08:36 PM
Man.... I really wish I could make this race. You guys need a live video feed on the PottBelly website!

-Adam

Adam, rumor has it that's being worked on as we speak :)

BitHed
10-20-2005, 01:04 AM
...hmm...some familiar names in there ;)

k_bojar
10-20-2005, 12:40 PM
...hmm...some familiar names in there ;)

YEah - Pottbelly got a call last nite from the crew down in the great state of Maryland :) They'll be in the house....

By the time the 28th rolls around, the field should fill out some more :)

From the list, we're still missing the NYC crew :confused:

Regan LeBlanc
10-20-2005, 09:26 PM
Jeremy and I are all pumped to come race with everyone. Both of us are doing some updates to our rides. I found a fibre washer at home depot that fixes the slipper issue so thats all good. (simply replaced the Chrome washer)
not sure how long it will last in there but they are like 25cents for 2 so no big deal.

How abrasive is the track? just wonder how many sets of meats i will need to bring?

k_bojar
10-20-2005, 10:56 PM
Jeremy and I are all pumped to come race with everyone. Both of us are doing some updates to our rides. I found a fibre washer at home depot that fixes the slipper issue so thats all good. (simply replaced the Chrome washer)
not sure how long it will last in there but they are like 25cents for 2 so no big deal.

How abrasive is the track? just wonder how many sets of meats i will need to bring?

Nice sounding slipper fix...care to post the part number?? :) Any chance you can bring along a nice supply of spur gears?? Once all the hop-ups are done, that tends to be the "weak" point - I know 2 of ours are dead because of spurs and NOONE in the US has the spur gears :mad:

The track can get pretty abrasive...I ran my stocker the other nite (4 rounds, plus 3 practice runs) and they are showing wearing..the ball diff in the middle helped slow down the wear of the kit tires...From that I've hear, the "X" treads might be the hot ticket on the track - I haven't tried this myself, still waiting on my tires to get in

Regan LeBlanc
10-20-2005, 11:26 PM
Package says
Fiber washer
.032 thick
1/4 ID x 1/2 OD
I will bring some to the race.

We have plenty of Spur gears (IH11) here at Kyosho America and i know several shops with them in stock. Talk with your local hobby store, as there should be no down time waiting for parts.
'once all the hop-ups are done thats the weak link"? locked slipper? tons of aluminum parts making the buggy heavy now :rolleyes: those can be causes.
I don't know anybody who has stripped one yet around here. I'm on the original gears and i've had several Mambo and AON motors in there. An aluminum motor mount will make a big difference as it does not get all soft when heated up by big power. A hot plastic stock mount can let the motor move around a bit under landings and crashes possible eating the gears.

That track does not look like big X patterns would be any good. Thats a loose dirt. The IHTH02 tires should have the best grip on hardpack.

k_bojar
10-20-2005, 11:34 PM
Package says
Fiber washer
.032 thick
1/4 ID x 1/2 OD
I will bring some to the race.

We have plenty of Spur gears (IH11) here at Kyosho America and i know several shops with them in stock. Talk with your local hobby store, as there should be no down time waiting for parts.
'once all the hop-ups are done thats the weak link"? locked slipper? tons of aluminum parts making the buggy heavy now :rolleyes: those can be causes.
I don't know anybody who has stripped one yet around here. I'm on the original gears and i've had several Mambo and AON motors in there. An aluminum motor mount will make a big difference as it does not get all soft when heated up by big power. A hot plastic stock mount can let the motor move around a bit under landings and crashes possible eating the gears.

That track does not look like big X patterns would be any good. Thats a loose dirt. The IHTH02 tires should have the best grip on hardpack.

I'm an running a aluminum motor mount, the problem the heat from the motor (6800) is transferring to the chassis and warming it just enough to get it to move...Not a big deal, just more of an annoyance really...

I don't have mine loaded with aluminum parts ;) just enough to give me a solid drive train, so I know that's not the issue...

as far as in stock, its just a lot of the place I'd normally go look don't have them in...

I know the "X" shouldn't work, but they have worked for a couple of drivers...Me, personally, I was running the kit tires and will probably switch to the micro pins for the race...

WhoMe
10-21-2005, 10:27 AM
The X Pattern tires work great for me on that track. Anyway my problem with the center is the fact that my alloy motor mount does and continues to shift upon landings. Before it does the car is completly butter but once it moves its all over. Ive gone through a few spur gears already. I think once you crank down on that plastic chassis a couple of times it "wears out" the motor mount grooves and the sucker is toast. I have yet to really push the car because of this problem.

PottBellysRC
10-24-2005, 04:58 AM
Actually I liked the stock tires the best on our track except you will eat them up in one race with the Big HP. The IHTH02's work well and the X's work well. So it will be interesting to see who runs what when the races start. Once everyone's had a chance to work them in.

I kno wI can't Wait it's been a long time coming now down to 4 days. Holy cow and there's still tons to do.

Regan LeBlanc
10-24-2005, 03:06 PM
I didn't mean to sound like i was blaming you for the problems. ;)

Yes i could see that happening with the heat and possibly putting the motor in and out a bunch of times to wear the chassis where it mounts in. Mine is running so cool now it really does not heat up the motor or mount that much. I guess i'll see in competition. I really have only had time to hit So-cal a few times to try out motors and some idea's. So once i subject it to the full weekend i may be agreeing more with some of the problems people are seeing.
But know this Kyosho is very interested in what the consumer is seeing and ready to fix anything that comes up. I have a lot of input on all of our products and i will do my best to keep them at the highest level. As long as we remember this started as just a RTR and we are asking alot with the amount of power we are strapping in.

k_bojar
10-24-2005, 03:40 PM
I didn't mean to sound like i was blaming you for the problems. ;)

Yes i could see that happening with the heat and possibly putting the motor in and out a bunch of times to wear the chassis where it mounts in. Mine is running so cool now it really does not heat up the motor or mount that much. I guess i'll see in competition. I really have only had time to hit So-cal a few times to try out motors and some idea's. So once i subject it to the full weekend i may be agreeing more with some of the problems people are seeing.
But know this Kyosho is very interested in what the consumer is seeing and ready to fix anything that comes up. I have a lot of input on all of our products and i will do my best to keep them at the highest level. As long as we remember this started as just a RTR and we are asking alot with the amount of power we are strapping in.

That's cool, Regan...My suggestion - spur gear made of some other composite or material :) or at the very least, spur gears by themselves :D Becuase we're all gonna end up with center diffs out our waazoo having to buy the IH11 packages :)

PottBellysRC
10-24-2005, 04:14 PM
What would be really cool is if we could just order the gears. The Spur and counter gear come in a set with I believe the Center diff mount and a lot of other parts you don't need. I know I threw out a lot of good parts just to get spurs.

k_bojar
10-24-2005, 04:57 PM
What would be really cool is if we could just order the gears. The Spur and counter gear come in a set with I believe the Center diff mount and a lot of other parts you don't need. I know I threw out a lot of good parts just to get spurs.

center diff and servo horns

Regan LeBlanc
10-24-2005, 10:11 PM
I will suggest that we break up the parts packages a little better.

k_bojar
10-24-2005, 10:37 PM
I will suggest that we break up the parts packages a little better.

woohoo!!! :D:D:D

bermbuster
10-25-2005, 01:25 AM
will there be a good supply of purchasable parts at the race???? Regan maybe you can bring some.......My six year old son is having a blast with his.....and I know we will need parts......thanx guys

PottBellysRC
10-25-2005, 05:55 PM
I've got most of the breakable stuff like knuckles, arms, hub carriers stuff like that. I'm gonna get more tires and gears brought in. I'm sednign in the order now.

PottBellysRC
10-26-2005, 11:45 PM
OK Just over 30hrs till Practice starts... Man the Prizes and giveaway stuff is piling up... :-)

Can't thank all the sponsors enough for everything they've donated or supplied to make this all happen.

From the smallest in R/C to the Largest in R/C and everyone in between It's been a pleasure meeting and working with all of them.

Castle Creation, Kyosho America, Trinity, Associated, Nomadio, Competition R/C product/GQ Tires, R/C Car, R/C Driver, Tekin, United RC, One18th.com, AON, Team Scream, and still more.

Things to remember for the race

1. 8 to 10 ft extension cord or power strip. Power poles are at each end of the pit benches so the guy in the middle will need a cord.

2. Pit Light. All lighting is florescent overhead and gives off shadows so you will probably want a small pit light on your table.

3. Car, Radio, Batteries, chargers... :-) People forget this stuff...LOL

4. Those driving please bring a chair we are limited on chairs and we have a number of people flying in who can't bring their own. So all Help is appreciated on this one.

5. No Need for compressors. we'll have a airhose to blow vehicles off.

I think that covers it asside from tool boxes, soldering iron etc.... :-)

BitHed
10-27-2005, 12:12 AM
...sounds like a blast...I am actually truly depressed that i cant be there :(

mat3833
10-27-2005, 12:13 AM
bit you have mail. and good luck at the races everyone!

Matt

k_bojar
10-27-2005, 02:17 PM
...sounds like a blast...I am actually truly depressed that i cant be there :(

you'll be there in spirit....

PottBellysRC
10-29-2005, 04:38 AM
Man what a first day of practice... Quite a Turnout of unbeleivably fast 1/18th action.

Can;t thank the Pimp Master Ray the Jams Murry for coming out and making the practice party a real fun time.

More to come.

Don't Forget Race cast for Qualifying will start at 12:30 saturday afternoon YOu can watch the race list data stream from our WEb Site www.pottbellysrc.com

bermbuster
10-29-2005, 10:46 AM
Jams Murry had us in a race groove last night.........real nice practice......i want to thank Drew and the gang at Potbellys for making this happen........

plain_simple
10-30-2005, 11:15 AM
Now i'm really sorry i couldnt make it! :mad:
Next year.. next year... damn.. sometimes work does sucks! :(

theturd
10-31-2005, 04:44 AM
I like to thank Drew and all the drivers making the extended weekend a success. What's more is the awsome exchange of information that flowed through the building.

I want to wish everyone all the success through the season.

BitHed
10-31-2005, 04:51 AM
...the Turd was there too? Aw man this is just too painful...This event will be paid for by PanicToys next year...DEFINATELY :mad:

k_bojar
10-31-2005, 01:37 PM
What an incredible weekend...Man - lots and lots of fast little cars...

Many thanks to all the sponsors - I don't think I've ever seen that much stuff sent in to be given out, it was unreal....Trinity, Kyosho, one18th.com, Castle Creations, Team Scream, AON Electronics, Nomadio, Tekin, GQ Tires, and Associated

Big time thanks to Kyosho for sending out Regan and Jeremy - 2 great guys and 2 great drivers...Not too mention all that goodies they sent out -

A couple of lucky people went home with new Mini Inferno's as well as 3 brand new, not available in the USA, Mini Inferno ST!!! AE was kind enough to send a couple of new Factory Team RC18T's home with drivers...Nomadio gave a lucky driver a BRAND NEW Nomadio radio!!!

What a blast and what a great time....

Looks like every one wants to do this again ;) I think we might have found a new "Halloween" event :D

---

Just figured I'd add salt to the wounds of everyong who missed the race...I got to be one of the first non-factory people from Kyosho who got to work on one of the Inferno ST's :D Man oh man, what a sweet little ride...I can see many, many pieces that the Half8 boys are gonna want for thier rides :)

k_bojar
10-31-2005, 01:38 PM
I like to thank Drew and all the drivers making the extended weekend a success. What's more is the awsome exchange of information that flowed through the building.

I want to wish everyone all the success through the season.

Steve thanks for the use of that Motor...it was a sweet thing :)

k_bojar
10-31-2005, 01:41 PM
will there be a good supply of purchasable parts at the race???? Regan maybe you can bring some.......My six year old son is having a blast with his.....and I know we will need parts......thanx guys

Berm - I hope little Frank enjoyed himself :) I can only think of the stories he's going to be able to tell his friends back home :) and I think his picture will probably make it into a couple of magazines :)

Not too shabby for a 6 year old...

bermbuster
11-01-2005, 12:05 AM
Berm - I hope little Frank enjoyed himself :) I can only think of the stories he's going to be able to tell his friends back home :) and I think his picture will probably make it into a couple of magazines :)

Not too shabby for a 6 year old...
kevin you are absolutely right.....aside from the racing you guys made us feel like you knew us for years. Frankie sums up Potbellys the best ssswwweeettt..............cant wait to come back. thanks again

k_bojar
11-01-2005, 07:13 PM
pics, pics, pics

http://www.one18th.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23073&page=5

PottBellysRC
11-02-2005, 06:42 PM
I have a full race post coming but I wanted to take a minute to specifically thank all the Half 8 Racers for cooperating with us and doing the 9 man bump up for Frankie. I know it was a strange thing doing bump ups in Electric but it was cool I think.

You guys show'd all the sponsors what a class act Half 8 racers are and realy impressed them. For that We all Thank You for being the Great people you are. And Next year will be even bigger and better then this year.

There's Pics floating around on one18th.com I'm waiting for the photographer to send what he's ending to the mags first then we'll haev what's left over online for everyone.

There are video's online also at http://deznuts05.no-ip.org/pics/Pottbelly/10.30.05/

Please D/l them before playing them there's limited bandwith on the site hosting them

BiGRoB21
11-02-2005, 07:54 PM
we used to do bump ups all the time with electric at the track i ran. it would be nuttin new for me

k_bojar
11-02-2005, 09:12 PM
if the link Pottbelly gave you is real slow, try this link - http://www.shopfeeds.com/ECC/index.htm - it's supposed to be a faster and more powerful server...

BitHed
11-04-2005, 06:24 AM
...ok...I will wear the gooseberry suit for this one...What's a bump up?

k_bojar
11-04-2005, 12:44 PM
...ok...I will wear the gooseberry suit for this one...What's a bump up?

ok bumpup....

normally when running mains, you pack them with 10 drivers for each main going downward...

but with bump-ups, the top 8 get seated in the "A", the next 8 in the "B" until you use all the drivers...then the bottom mains run (let's call it "D")...so the 1st & 2nd place drivers from the "D" bump up to the 9th & 10th positions in the "C"...1 & 2 from the "C" move to 9 & 10 in the "B" and so on...

So if you have a crappy qualifier, and finished near the bottom - you can "bump" yourself up into the "A"

k_bojar
11-15-2005, 04:10 PM
Pics, pics, pics

Wreckmaster R/C was nice enough to post some of his pics from the ECC in his yahoo group - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WreckmasterRCRacing/ - you'll need to have a yahoo account, or sign-up for one to see the pics...

Man, they look good :D He did such a good job, even I look like I know how to drive a buggy :D :eek: