PDA

View Full Version : Tekin Mini Rage

kingskid
07-02-2006, 03:52 AM
I've aquired a tekin 8000kv mini rage for my MIST and my question is with the pinion gear. Is the shaft on the motor smaller than other motors used in the MIST? The pinion fits very loosely and doesn't appear to spin true.I received two pinions with my MIST (I bought it used) and neither one appears to fit the rage's shaft right compared to my 1/10 scale motors.I also borrowed a pinion from a friend's 18t and it also fits loose. any help in this would be greatly appriecated. Kingskid :confused:

pimpsmurf
07-02-2006, 04:38 PM
First, you need a tiny pinion (11 tooth or so) for a 2mm shaft. Search the forums as this has been discussed over and over and over and over again.

Also, That motor will be crap on the H8. You need a higher torque motor such as the Hyperion 5-6k, Aon 4900, or maybe the Wraith 7k.

-JNY

kingskid
07-03-2006, 06:40 PM
Thanks pimpsmurf,
I searched back a few pages and didn't find what I was looking for. Found out outside the forum about the pinion deal. Back in the world of 1/10th scale a 540 motor took all the same pinion shaft sizing so I had no idea of the different shafts sizes in the mini's. As for the motor, I traded a used 1/10th brushless to a friend for this motor figureing the esp could be used with a different motor. Hope I've assumed right on this. As for gearing, I'm looking at a 10-38 for now, how does that sound? any more help in this area would be much appreicated.... Kingskid :)

FHM101
07-28-2006, 06:23 AM
The last time I saw a mini rage run in a MIST it hit 378 degrees in just over 2 laps around the track. The average lap times on that track were in the 7 to 8 second range. The 378 was measured after we picked the truck up from where it had quit running and pulled the shell off.

Almost forgot, that was with an 11T pinion

habitforming
07-28-2006, 10:58 AM
yikes!

what esc and battery was that with? also, are you sure the drivetrain was spinning freely?

man that's hot enough to start melting stuff!

FHM101
07-28-2006, 09:01 PM
It was tekin system, motor/ESC combo running on an 8 cell 1200 sport pack. The truck was on it's second day of running from out of the box new and was in very good shape. Speaking of melting stuff, the (plastic) motor mount was sagging a little and the clear shrink holding the label on the motor was all deformed and wrinkled up, and what was left of the label was smoking.

BiGRoB21
07-29-2006, 02:09 AM
awsome that ele motor was hotter than my .21 motor in my 8th scale. lol that only gets to 220