PDA

View Full Version : On/off switch

Mut1ey
06-15-2006, 06:11 PM
When I replace my setup with brushless I'm wondering what I will do to switch the car on and off??!!!! My esc does not appear to have a switch.

What do most people do?

Mutts

ChrisOFNA
06-15-2006, 06:59 PM
if the ESC doesnt have a switch, the way you turn the car on/off is plugging up the battery. Some racers usually cut off the switch and put the wires together anyway because an on/off switch can be somewhat of a weak link and can go out at the worse times.

BitHed
06-17-2006, 02:46 AM
...there is no switch on the LRP AI series brushed ESC and after a breakage i even totally removed the switch from my MAMBA 25 ESC....works fine with no issues..in fact i actually prefer it...

mOOsE
06-17-2006, 03:19 AM
FYI IMO, the LRP AI esc's are the biggest piece of crappola esc's money can buy. My stock mini-lst esc had nearly twice the punch and acceleration...but thats a little off topic

bermbuster
06-17-2006, 11:49 AM
the lrp ai escs also auto calibrate everytime they are plugged in. You have to test the functionality of the tx with the esc.....I had them run in opposite direction, not see the steering servo.....it sometimes is a pain......especially when you are prepping 2 trucks in the same race.....