PDA

View Full Version : Better Bellcrank System?

AkRacingProducts
06-10-2006, 05:27 AM
Hey everyone,

I'm working on my Mini Inferno and trying to make it as bada$$ as possible. I already did the flip motor mod, put in a 3-cell lipo, made some carbon fiber chassis braces(0 flex now!), re-oiled the shocks, set-up the camber/toe perfectly, and made it all ready for racing.

BUT, this thing's bellcrank system sucks! The plastic on plastic pieces are horrible. I've checked for any binding ball cups and everything is perfect, and I've got it the best I can get it, but the thing is still really unsmooth. It takes quite a lot of force to move to turn the wheels.

What I'm wondering is there any aftermarket bellcranks out there with some bearings? That would finish off my buggy project.

Thanks in advance,
-Armand

AkRacingProducts
06-10-2006, 04:10 PM
Alright, did some research. Which bellcrank system is better, GPM or 3racing. I'm leaning toward the 3racing one because I've had good experience with their products, but I've never tried GPM stuff. Anyone here have experience with these bellcranks?

habitforming
06-10-2006, 04:44 PM
I don't have any experience with either company's KMI bellcrank, but I can say with 100% confidence that in general, 3racing is much better quality than GPM.

I had a friend that got all the GPM parts for his Xmod, and when he got everything together finally (which took some filing, drilling, bending) the chassis was so twisted the driveshaft couldn't even spin... I will never buy anything GPM unless I have no other option.

FHM101
06-11-2006, 04:10 AM
Maybe your car was built on friday? My (stock) steering is smooth as a baby's butt with no binding or slop. All I did besides an HS 81MG servo and deflashing the parts was install a washer under the brace on the post with the e clip and tighten up my servo saver. I noticed trinity is now offering an "improved" spring and metal knurled nut for the MI servo saver, but I can't see any need for it. My little buggy turns on a dime and gives nine cents change. I have replaced the plastic knuckles with aluminum, but only to solve the screw problem. I never lost one, but the holes got wallowed out and wouldn't hold a screw after a short time so I replaced the knucks and bushings. So far so good. Oh, I also ordered some shims yesterday to take the slop out of my axles. I figure after 3 months of racing every weekend and slamming the walls around our indoor track, it's about time to tighten it up a little.