PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to Troy/BPP and Magic Smoke!!

sensoryoverload
06-05-2006, 05:36 PM
Well congrats to all the members of Half Eight. I have learned alot about my new Mini Inferno and it's overall set up. I've been working with Troy from BPP for the last few months and have nothing but issuses and problems. Not with Troy by with various brushless and 11.1v setups. Troy every step of the way has walked me through each and every problem. I'm currently running a Warp 4-2 w/mamba and 11.1v set up. The Mamba was reprogrammed with the latest 1.05b program and my cogging issuse was solved. While setting the camber and overall tracking (second battery pack after programming) the car released the magic smoke found inside every controller. Without skipping a beat Troy at BPP has sent out a new controller and motor. Talk about service as I live 3700km away in Toronto, Canada!! I have nothing but positive things to say about Troy and the team at BPP and I just wanted everyone to know that I'm very happy. That said anyone know why the mamba may have melted?? I've attached a photo of the mamba. Sensory Overload.

gazzer55
06-06-2006, 03:30 AM
I recently bought a motor/esc/batteries from Troy also and was very pleased with the transaction. I live in Guelph and was wondering what some of the best tracks are in the GTA for the mini inferno?

OvaYaHead
06-06-2006, 06:02 AM
It looks like someone put out a cigarette on that esc.
Yup Troy's service is great. I ordered 3 pinions 11t, 12t and 13t. The 11t was back ordered for so long so I asked for another 13t instead. He ended up sending an 11t and another 13t.

sensoryoverload
06-08-2006, 12:55 AM
I recently bought a motor/esc/batteries from Troy also and was very pleased with the transaction. I live in Guelph and was wondering what some of the best tracks are in the GTA for the mini inferno?

I've been talking to a fellow out in the milton area who bought a Vendetta from me. He has teamed up with a landscape company with a bit of land (401/407 area) and from what I understand he's built a track for both the 1/18 and 1/10 scale buggies. I'm also told there's a pond for boats. I'll try and get more info. SO

Datrain
06-10-2006, 03:44 PM
I had that same problem and I went to see Troy. We figured out that my reciever was faulty. I changed that and we are HAPPY!

Well congrats to all the members of Half Eight. I have learned alot about my new Mini Inferno and it's overall set up. I've been working with Troy from BPP for the last few months and have nothing but issuses and problems. Not with Troy by with various brushless and 11.1v setups. Troy every step of the way has walked me through each and every problem. I'm currently running a Warp 4-2 w/mamba and 11.1v set up. The Mamba was reprogrammed with the latest 1.05b program and my cogging issuse was solved. While setting the camber and overall tracking (second battery pack after programming) the car released the magic smoke found inside every controller. Without skipping a beat Troy at BPP has sent out a new controller and motor. Talk about service as I live 3700km away in Toronto, Canada!! I have nothing but positive things to say about Troy and the team at BPP and I just wanted everyone to know that I'm very happy. That said anyone know why the mamba may have melted?? I've attached a photo of the mamba. Sensory Overload.

sensoryoverload
06-14-2006, 03:38 AM
What was the RX doing that caused the controller melt down?? Seems more like a draw issuse the way it melted.

Kyle
06-22-2006, 05:51 PM
warp 4-2 is a 32amp motor. mamba 25 is a 25amp ESC. more draw than the mamba can handle. i had the same thing happen. put a quark pro-car 33a ESC in there and problem solved.

kyle

AkRacingProducts
06-22-2006, 06:35 PM
sensory, where did you get those foam tires?!

sensoryoverload
06-29-2006, 02:52 AM
Got the new Quark 33 esc and Wraith today and had a chance to swap out the old Warp and mamba. Again MANY THANKS TO TROY AND BPP for providing warranty on my Warp and mamba combo. Using a 12t gear and a charged set of TP 11.1v batteries all I have to say is - WOW!! I lined it up agaisnt my prospec mugen w/vspec motor and it clearly beats off the line everytime. After about a half a lap the Mugen finally catches the little beast (mugen covers 300% more ground every jump!!) not to meniton my brother is an awsome 1/8 buggy driver! The set up is working great. I've ran 4-5 packs throuh it and the temps of both the motor and esc are fine. As for the foam tires someone asked about, I use 3 Racing 1/10 hubs with preglued 1/10 foams from my LHS - 40 front 35 rear seems to work for me on an indoor carpet track. Not to mention there cheap!! SO