PDA

View Full Version : Opinion needed Please

46u
05-28-2006, 12:21 AM
Not sure if my servo or receiver ESC is bad. Was at the new track today running my nitro trucks and decide to run my Mini Inferno. After running around the track a couple of times I ran in to a dirt bank. Now I do not have any steering. My ESC is working fine both forward and reverse. I checked the TX with another vehicle and it works fine but no steering. Some times with the switch off I can turn the wheels by hand cut the switch on and some times the steering servo will center and work once or twice then stop again. Do you think it is the servo or the receiver ESC? Any one have a stock servo they would like to get rid of?

I do not mind buying a new servo I just hate buying one and finding out it is the receiver ESC. If it were the receiver ESC I would put it on the self till I can afford to go burshless. I guess the next thing will be to take the servo apart and see if there is anything broken inside. They do not have a class for my Mini Inferno so right now all my money is going in to my nitro trucks.

ChrisOFNA
05-28-2006, 02:22 AM
I'm having the same problem, I think dirt gets in the hub and causes it.

46u
05-28-2006, 03:48 AM
I do not think that is it, I took the servo out with the switch off you turn it by hand and when you turn the switch on most of the time the servo will center but will not turn left or right. I took the servo apart and could not find anything wrong. With the servo out the steering turns freely! I guess for now I will put it on the self, as I need all my extra money for racing my nitro. If any one has the stock receiver, ESC and servo they want to sell please let me know. I can get it all new for about $55.00.
Thanks