PDA

View Full Version : [URGENT] Servo and Batteries Problem

hkopium
04-16-2005, 04:15 PM
Using stock electronic with 8 x Intellect 1200mah batt. (9.6v) and Xspeed motor.

Problem 1: When I squeeze the trigger all the way, I noted that the steering servo also steer slightly to the right... This happen everytime my speed is at full throttle. When the speed is at mid-way (trigger not all the way squeezed), no such problem. Is my Remote Control set dead? I am afraid the 9.6v is slowly killing them.

Problem 2: My fully charged batt. die very fast. The car slows down very much after playing for a minute or so. But if I let the H8 sit still for 1/2 minute, the speed become fast again. Then 1 minute later, the car slows down noticably.

I am using TLP charger and set the mah dial on the TLP to 1200 for charging my batt. I remember the shop keeper told me to set it at 100mah for charging (Why?). Is this causing my problem?

lukeita
04-16-2005, 04:24 PM
Hello!

1. I had the same problem on my Inferno and when I changed receiver all worked correctly again... so I think it could be a receiver failure

2. does the battery pack become hot? Maybe when you let it sit the temperature goes lower and it starts working again...

3. If your battery pack has C capacity (for example 1200mAh), you can charge it at C (or more) rate, but this behaviour can't charge the pack to its maximum capacity... and after 2-3 cycles of charge at that rate, you'd better to charge the pack at C/10 (120mA or less) to regenerate it... the more the charge is slow, the more the battery pack reaches its full charge. So if you're not in hurry to get your pack charged (for example when you're running you need to charge it as fast as you can) you'd better to use low charge current

bye

hkopium
04-16-2005, 05:00 PM
Thanks brother!

(1) So it is a factory problem? The stock remote control is really that bad?! I have full intention to change the remote set. What are u using now? (Tx, Rx, Servo and ECS)

(2) The motor and batts were not hot. Just warm. Probably I charged them incorrectly at high current setting. Will try using 100mAh to charge to see what happen.

Thanks again!

lukeita
04-16-2005, 06:50 PM
Hello!
I'm still using the original tx+rx+esc, I'm planning to change them to a FM sytem, I think Futaba. As ESC I have to decide if I'll use a brushless motor (and use its ESC) or a "normal" motor...
Let us know if slower charge helps your system...
bye

hkopium
04-16-2005, 08:45 PM
Hello!
I'm still using the original tx+rx+esc, I'm planning to change them to a FM sytem, I think Futaba. As ESC I have to decide if I'll use a brushless motor (and use its ESC) or a "normal" motor...
Let us know if slower charge helps your system...
bye

So you replaced the orignal defect receiver with another original receiver and the "full throttle bad steering" problem was solved?

lukeita
04-17-2005, 12:36 AM
No... your problem seemed the same I had on my Inferno (not MiniInferno :) )... and yes when I changed the original receiver with a better one the problem solved.
bye