PDA

View Full Version : ...Dummy Engine Head...

BitHed
03-15-2005, 03:06 AM
...The rumor of different coloured bodies already? The dummy engine head, part #IH08G for green, will ALSO be available in BLACK #IH08BK or BLUE # IH08BL :p Now that is some SERIOUS trivia...

...Remember that it is debatable wether or not the dummy engine WILL have cooling properties or not but it is EASILY removeable with just one body pin...Personally mine is coming off the moment it leaves the box...AND the exhaust from the side...I will be sealing off the holes with some layered lexan and a BIG PanicToys sticker ;)

WhoMe
03-15-2005, 03:49 AM
I think it would work if it was made out of alloy. But it would have to be machined like a copper PC heatsink to be light enough to be an attractive option. Otherwise...its just a piece of decoration.

BitHed
03-15-2005, 04:13 AM
...i betcha GPM will put one on their parts list :)

RURC
03-15-2005, 04:53 AM
OK you guys are being finicky. I like the stupid little heat sink. I really do. It is annoyingly cute. Dose that mean I need help?

BitHed
03-15-2005, 04:56 AM
..Hey !! I am actually worried about how its huge humongous weight is going to effect my ride :rolleyes:

halfEIGHT
03-15-2005, 12:29 PM
As strange of an idea as it is, it should at least be good for a few laughs as we trick the more unobservant into thinking it really is a tiny Nitro car... :D

mini-z racing
03-16-2005, 03:44 AM
make sure you dont throw the heat sink out, if its alloy and comes form kyosho its not very cheap.

BitHed
03-16-2005, 03:52 AM
...mini z its 2 or 3 piece moulded plastic...its coming off and becoming a very light paperweight...

halfEIGHT
03-16-2005, 01:58 PM
Are you sure it's plastic? It looks metallic in the pics?

BitHed
03-16-2005, 02:13 PM
...clear greenover a slver base...instant anodising :) Yup its plastic...two side pieces and a cicular top piece...held ON with one body clip but held TOGETHER with two 2.6x6mm tapping screws...The post where it fits onto the plate where the reciever sits is also removable and is also just seated with another 2.6x6mm tap :)

Revo
03-16-2005, 04:40 PM
So the H8 has a fake exhaust coming out the side?

I'm with you, bithed, the fake head / exhaust is coming off as soon as its in my hands.

RURC
03-16-2005, 11:05 PM
...clear greenover a slver base...instant anodising :) Yup its plastic...two side pieces and a cicular top piece...held ON with one body clip but held TOGETHER with two 2.6x6mm tapping screws...The post where it fits onto the plate where the reciever sits is also removable and is also just seated with another 2.6x6mm tap :)

Its easy to cone up with that stuff when you have the schmatics.

To all those takeing it off. Send it to me. I really want them. I will pay the shipping.

BitHed
03-16-2005, 11:14 PM
...i will be keeping the parts i take off to put together a KIT...lots of people will prefer to build this themselves, advice taken from RURC :) so i will be keeping mine...

...yeah i have the exploded view :) The pics are still in the digicam which right at this moment are at the kindergarten BBQ...They will be here soon...

BitHed
03-16-2005, 11:15 PM
...Revo the exhaust 'cutter' as they are calling it, fits with a little clasp that actually screws to the body...yup thats coming off too :)

BitHed
03-16-2005, 11:26 PM
...Here is the exploded for the engine head...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/bithed/DSC05884.jpg

RURC
03-17-2005, 02:23 AM
See I told you he had the schmatics. I just paid for a third one with the electronics. I am going to put the electronics into my sons Mini T. His is almost stock and the Rec/ESC just died. At 5 he really cant control a Mamba yet.

BitHed
03-17-2005, 02:34 AM
...dood at 34 i STILL have trouble controlling a Mamba...

...I will redo and post the exploded view again tonight...I want to post them IN thread too as opposed to a clickable attachment...Love my eye candy i do :)

Icey.Apple
03-19-2005, 07:45 AM
Just wondering...

Will the H8 body be availible clear(unpainted) without the hole for fake head?

Grtz

BitHed
03-19-2005, 08:20 AM
...IceyApple...mate that is SUCH a good question and something that came to me also when i was doing the body templates which will be up soon...I hope...if all goes well ;) SO I did up one body WITH the hole and one body WITHOUT the hole...