PDA

View Full Version : *Shopping list for brushless set-up*

Gronlund
05-15-2006, 11:18 PM
Hello :)

I'm "in the market" for a brushless set-up fit for my MIST, i really just need to find out *what* to buy, as i've never had a brushless car before.

I'm going to New York tomorrow, so my dream of a brushless car could be, somewhat, fullfilled =)

This is what i want to buy:
Hitec 85MG servo
Mamba 25 Brushless esc

This is the parts that i need to know what to buy of:
ESC
Receiver

Of course the ESC and the Receiver is the problem, since i have no idea of what to buy, and this is where this forum comes into the picture ;-)

So, please, if anyone could give me links toa good ESC/Servo, point me in the direction of a hobby R/C shop that can give me some advice, or tell me where to buy a good ESC/Receiver fitting the MIST brushless set-up slap a comment in this thread and i will check it out.

I reckon this thread could be a great help for everyone else who is lost like me.

If you got any other important points, feel free to post em here as well.

bermbuster
05-15-2006, 11:51 PM
Are you staying in NYC??? You can go americas hobby center (near penn station) in manhattan. Be prepared for NYC prices....not the cheapest.....
the mamba 25 is an esc....you need a reciever and tx. Being you are from Europe the channels may be different. Be careful if you buy something in the US make sure you can use it back home.
Are you getting a mamba motor as well? you need to decide on the size 5400 or 6800. You will need a pinion(2mm shaft) and battery connectors as well.
Along with the mamba you will need quality cells to make it perform.
There are several good hobby shops in the metro nyc area.....you have to be able to drive up to 25 miles to find them....