PDA

View Full Version : Review Thread?

ChrisOFNA
05-06-2006, 03:59 AM
Hey,

Can you guys make a Review thread? Then we can get some opinions of different products out.

H8er
08-26-2006, 07:21 PM
why didn't you just call them about it?

Because this is a forum.

ZigZag
10-28-2006, 07:24 PM
hey h8er, please tell your mom to stop callin... No wonder you turned out GAY!!!!!!!! It must be hard growing up with a crackhead mother...

H8er
10-29-2006, 08:27 PM
What the F**k is wrong with you?

ZigZag
10-29-2006, 10:50 PM
What the F**k is wrong with you?

Go ahead and play your email spam game on me... Lmao

H8er
10-30-2006, 12:49 AM
Seriously dude, you have some issues.

halfEIGHT
10-30-2006, 06:15 PM
Hey,

Can you guys make a Review thread? Then we can get some opinions of different products out.

C, if possible it's best to post your reviews at shop.tinyrc.com - click on the item you want to review, then click the Customer Reviews tab (you'll want to make sure you're logged in w/ your shop.TRC account) and enter your review here. Here's list of all of the reviews in one place:

http://shop.tinyrc.com/reviews.php

We could add a sub-forum allowing you to post links to shop.TRC reviews, would that work? :)

Lord_Inferno
05-29-2007, 12:01 PM
MY REVIEW FROM MY MINI INFERNO WEB SITE

OPENING UP THE BOX

Once you open the box, you will most likely be captivated how cool the packaging is.
http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/2087/p1040760jo9.jpg

The top of the box comes off, revealing the buggy in what looks like a showroom with glass around it. Under this there is the transmitter, aerial and a small collection of spares. It was nice that Kyosho decided to include some spare screws as well.

To get going all you have to do is insert 8 batteries intro the transponder and 6 batteries into the actual battery holder on the unit.
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/1747/p1040762ev4.jpg

CLOSE UP

Firstly, the actual buggy is quite good looking, with a good layout and balance; the batteries sit either side of the speed controller. It uses 2 saddle packs, which store 3 AA batteries each. The finish on the actual pre-painted body was very good too, but this quality is quite usual for Kyosho. The transmitter has steering adjustment and throttle adjustment as most units have. It also has a steering rate adjuster where your thumb would sit. My only issue with this is that I found on the odd occasion I would by mistake turn the steering rate while the transmitter was in my hand.
IINITIAL TESTING

I was not sure what to expect when I first ran it, I had an rc18t before this which had a mamba 8000 in it, and I have a team associated tc3 with a stock motor. On the first run I found the unit a lot of fun, the handling was precise and acceleration was quite good. It had little trouble even getting through thick grass about 1 high. My only issue was the top speed, I attempted a few runs at the Knox track in Victoria. There is a double jump there and found myself unable to clear the double jumps (about .5 metre between them) by quite a bit. On the single jumps I found the mini inferno to be very stable on the landings, more than the rc18t. The bigger scale would help quite a bit too. And the actual design of the chassis results in quite a wide wheel span (less chance of flipping to the side).

INITIAL TESTING WITH INTELLECT 1400MAH BATTERIES

Things started getting quite interesting with the 1400mah batteries. It was a huge difference between the AA batteries (going from 7.2 volt to 9.6). the extra 2.4v really makes a big difference, the motor is revving more and the acceleration has picked up considerably. I am still unable to clear the double jump but I am much closer, take off out of a corner is much better now too. My only issues at the moment is the suspension, the friction shocks are causing the unit to bounce around quite a bit on the track.