PDA

View Full Version : How much of a difference?

gorbasho
05-03-2006, 03:36 AM
How much of a differenece would 300 mah make in run times? I'm looking at the URC Xtreme 42s pack that uses GP1100s and the Race pack that has IB 1400s. Ive read that GPs are better so if the 300 mah difference wont be that great Ill go with the Xtreme

Edit: also, a 9.6v NiMH pack will work fine with a brushless system correct? I dont need lipos?

mOOsE
05-03-2006, 03:38 AM
IB cells are pretty close to GP cells so I would say look at cost more than anything. 300 MAH is not a whole lot of difference unless your really keep track of how long you are out running your car...and most of us don't despite all the runtimes we dish out lol.

gorbasho
05-03-2006, 04:01 AM
theyre both $30, so which one would be a better choice?

Also theres the Sport pack for only $16 that uses URC cells, are they inferior or something, which would explain the lower cost?

bermbuster
05-03-2006, 09:30 AM
I have both cells matched from team scream. the 1100s can discharge 15 amps of power for about 260 seconds....the 1400s can discharge for about 310 seconds....the 300mah extra can yield almost another minute of full throttle time. Since they are priced the same the better choice would be the IB1400s.
As far as the UR sportpacks being 1/2 the price. They use a house brand cell. I have a few of these packs as well. They are awesome for the money.
I believe URC has labeled what they sell perfectly....if your a sport driver (racer) they are fine.....If you are an extreme racer/basher go with the extreme packs.

gorbasho
05-03-2006, 01:15 PM
As far as the UR sportpacks being 1/2 the price. They use a house brand cell.
I see, but how do the Sport and Xtreme packs compare in performance though? Is it a big difference?

bermbuster
05-04-2006, 10:03 PM
I see, but how do the Sport and Xtreme packs compare in performance though? Is it a big difference?
performance wise i say the sport pack is about 85% of what the extreme pack is. Pricewise it is a 50 % difference. It is a great pack for the money. If you buy the sport packs you will not be wasting your money.
My questions to you are: what do you want from a battery pack? Can you utilize the power of an extreme pack?

gorbasho
05-05-2006, 01:53 AM
right now i am running AAs, when i upgrade to brushless soon i will be upgrading the batteries too. i was intending on lipo first but its too expensive

bermbuster
05-05-2006, 10:24 AM
For the best results with brushless get the extreme packs......if you stick with brushed a sport pack will make your aa(alkaline) powered h8 almost double its speed.....