PDA

View Full Version : New ST Servo

Jaymz
05-01-2006, 08:45 AM
Hey guys i had an encounter with a gutter while bashing a couple nights ago and now my ST clicks while it turns right... I believe the servo has some stripped gears but i am yet to pull it apart... anyways im looking at buying a new one and wonder what everyone thinks would be a worthwhile upgrade for a basher??? I have read that the Hitec HS-81MG is favoured by a few people here... What is required to fit this servo? Also is it worth upgrading to it? This is the one im looking at...

http://www.rchobbies.com.au/store/product_info.php?products_id=4625&osCsid=ababde949c66fbf755ab5b12fce9a35b

Thanks for any help guys!!!

Jaymz
05-02-2006, 08:54 AM
bump.... 26 views.... someone must have experience in upgrading the Mini rno ST servo :S

CrustyNoodle
05-05-2006, 11:51 AM
Jaymz,

Go for the 85BB so you get the ball bearing support.
Just look down this forum section a bit for my post on how to do the conversion or just search the forum and you'll find what you are after.

OvaYaHead
05-08-2006, 11:17 PM
Yes, it is worth upgrading the servo. I don't know how an upgraded servo is with the stock remote though.

The 85mg also has bearings. You can even try the 225mg. I have both and the only difference I noticed were price and size.

Jaymz
05-26-2006, 09:14 AM
ok guys i have ordered a HS-85BB off rcboys and im having trouble with delvery times.... still waiting 3 weeks now... anyways i can get a HS-81MG pretty cheap here in AUS and i was wondering if i can use the metal gears in the HS-85 when it finally arrives?? Or should i shell out the extra $20 to get the HS-85MG??? Thanx for the help guys!!!