PDA

View Full Version : If your H8 doesn't run smoothly

OneTimeCRX
04-14-2005, 08:01 PM
If your H8 puts up a lot of resistance to rolling, even after you've greased up all the gears, here's one thing to check - try loosening the nuts that hold the wheels onto the axle a little. I found out that if these nuts are too tight the wheels don't turn freely. Of course, if you loosen them too much you run the risk of losing a wheel if the nut falls off.

I adjusted the wheels on my H8 and now everything rolls much more freely!

TNB
04-14-2005, 08:45 PM
That is also in the manual (along with tightening the slipper). ;)

BitHed
04-14-2005, 09:06 PM
...and we all know how good that slipper works right...lol..

TNB
04-14-2005, 09:39 PM
My point is and was that the instruction manual specifically states that the slipper was intentionally shipped loose. The manual also comments about how the tightening or loosing of the wheels effects the Mini-Inferno. Off course, it appears that some are just too excited to play and tinker, so they don't read the manual--not that I may be an exception, but I did at least do a quick review of the manual. :p

arch2b
04-14-2005, 09:41 PM
i would hope that the concept of lock nuts would not be too much for this crowd ;) if the mini-z crowd can figure that one out i would think it would be almost instinct for this crowd :p

unless the h8 system is different? i just find it hard to believe someone in this area would overlook somethin as simple as overtightening the nuts. i'm sure it has been done though :o

TNB
04-14-2005, 09:48 PM
Some of those Kyosho Mini-Z tools came in handy too, especially one of the nut drivers to remove a ball stud. :D

BitHed
04-14-2005, 09:54 PM
...loosey goosey :D My point was that even when its in the manual it sometimes doesnt go QUITE right...

TNB
04-14-2005, 09:59 PM
There is always room for improvement. After all, my DNA is in the manual and I didn't come out quite right either. ;)

OneTimeCRX
04-14-2005, 10:09 PM
Well in my case, it wasn't a matter of me overtightening the nuts - it was a matter of me loosening the nuts that were too tight out of the box. I just wanted to mention this in case anyone else's H8 is like this out of the box too.

And yes, I did read the manual!

Icey.Apple
04-15-2005, 09:20 PM
The mini-z has it becouse it's 2WD ;) ... but anyway, i'll try to keep it in mind for when i get an H8 :p