PDA

View Full Version : OS or EBAY?

BitHed
04-25-2006, 02:04 AM
...OK here is the deal...Time to expand and take another step towards world Domination...Which is the better setup? An OS Commerce setup or a plain old regular EBay Store? You be the judge...i may as well ask YOU the customer...I have been rolling this over and over in my head for months...HELP!!

mOOsE
04-25-2006, 02:25 AM
both....I know that sounds sarcastic but it truly is the way to go. Ebay keeps increasing their fees so you should not only use it to sell stuff, but advertise your actual site at the same time. Both can be tied to paypal and with your own site, you can offer better product discounts and promotion without additional fees like bold text fee! grr, bold is over rated!

dirtdynamics
04-25-2006, 03:41 AM
both....I know that sounds sarcastic but it truly is the way to go. Ebay keeps increasing their fees so you should not only use it to sell stuff, but advertise your actual site at the same time. Both can be tied to paypal and with your own site, you can offer better product discounts and promotion without additional fees like bold text fee! grr, bold is over rated!

thats really true...
sometimes you buy something from someone off ebay and then you realise he has a store.
so you visit and keep the site
then if he ever raises the prices on ebay, you visit the store and you get a surprise... its still the same price as before the price hike)
so you get a savvy customer smart enough to find you for the stuff you sell....

Oh if you have an OS, you can have a dedicated link to stuff you have on ebay for sale.....

Just my 3 cents!

Cheers bit

Btw nice DI

BitHed
04-25-2006, 04:26 AM
...ok fellas...I am getting there :D Plans that have been bubbling and festering for months for want of a good kick in the bum are starting to reform and proceed...

...OK...QUESTION...In YOUR mind what are the PanicToys company colours? OR; What do you feel SHOULD be the company colours? And while you think about that go to the h8.com shop and buy something or I will get into trouble again :D

dirtdynamics
04-25-2006, 04:43 AM
And while you think about that go to the h8.com shop and buy something or I will get into trouble again :D

that was so subtle..... great sales technique 10/10.. :)

BitHed
04-25-2006, 04:58 AM
...DD if this all goes according to plan then those YOKOMO parts you dreamt about could be in my store before you can say 'Supercalifragilisticexpieladotious' 37 times with a mouth full of walnuts :o

scottb
04-26-2006, 10:49 PM
...is that it is not considered "mail order". I don't know the specifics of this, but Ebay has gained popularity among retailers because you aren't legally entitled to return an item. Any mail order outfit is required to accept returns within 30 days. Again, I don't know the specifics of this, but remembered that there is some US trade clause/law that stipulates this. Maybe someone has more info on this.

mat3833
04-26-2006, 11:53 PM
wow bit, an ebay store and or a website!! YAY!!!! lol i think the panictoys colors should be red, black, white, and blue, the colors of your avatar.

Matt

arch2b
04-27-2006, 01:18 AM
either way you know i'll bookmark it :)

BitHed
04-27-2006, 01:22 AM
...i just hope i can make it WORTH bookmarking...It just feels like such a big step to take!! I am all nervous..lol...

dirtdynamics
04-27-2006, 02:11 AM
...DD if this all goes according to plan then those YOKOMO parts you dreamt about could be in my store before you can say 'Supercalifragilisticexpieladotious' 37 times with a mouth full of walnuts :o

i choked on it the fifth time, didn't have walnuts so i used peanut butter.

Either way, ALL THE BEST!!!

plain_simple
04-27-2006, 03:25 AM
sometimes you buy something from someone off ebay and then you realise he has a store.
so you visit and keep the site
then if he ever raises the prices on ebay, you visit the store and you get a surprise... its still the same price as before the price hike)
so you get a savvy customer smart enough to find you for the stuff you sell....

Moose and our dynamic friend are both right Bit... Going either way is the best bet.
Why dont you use your avatar as the store logo? i bet it will be a sucess! ;)
I'm looking forward to bookmark it and...
YES, i'm very sure it will be worth it :D

mOOsE
04-27-2006, 03:56 AM
i choked on it the fifth time, didn't have walnuts so i used peanut butter.

Either way, ALL THE BEST!!!
I am so glad you said peanut butter...I was cringing after the "I didn't have walnuts so I used " part

BitHed
04-27-2006, 04:02 AM
...ok boys...the wheels are in motion...the PLACE it will be is set and paid for, the design is set and we are colouring in between the lines as we speak...Just look for the PanicMan logo ;) All i need to do now is stock something to sell :D BTW Black Black Gum WILL be available in the checkout aisle :cool:

plain_simple
04-27-2006, 10:48 AM
I love that panic toys logo... its gona be a sucess since its very asy to recon!
Put the store online first the right way and with all the the whistles (paypal, credit card acceptance, shipping calculator, etc) and then you can go to ebay and try to get the unknown clients that still doesnt know the store ;)
Good luck Bit you for sure deserve it :)

auto2
04-27-2006, 11:03 AM
I'm not too happy with ebay latlly. so many stolen accounts and spoof emails. sucks. make a GOOD password. rule for good password- if you can remember it it isn't good enough. LOL

dirtdynamics
04-27-2006, 02:10 PM
I love that panic toys logo... its gona be a sucess since its very asy to recon!
Put the store online first the right way and with all the the whistles (paypal, credit card acceptance, shipping calculator, etc) and then you can go to ebay and try to get the unknown clients that still doesnt know the store ;)
Good luck Bit you for sure deserve it :)

yeah that logo is the bomb...
real nice.....
make it patent or register it man...

plain_simple
04-28-2006, 02:54 AM
Yeah.. our dynamic friend is right Bitty you should patent and register it before someone else does it

mOOsE
04-28-2006, 03:48 AM
just don't tattoo it anywhere.....maybe too late

dirtdynamics
04-28-2006, 08:36 AM
just don't tattoo it anywhere.....maybe too late

unless it was to cover the bunny tattoo he had.....
(i'm assuming by the way....LOL)

BitHed
04-28-2006, 08:40 AM
...nah i tattooed the fish not the bunny :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/bithed/mytattoo.jpg

plain_simple
04-28-2006, 02:20 PM
These japanese tats always amaze for how much quality they have :eek:

dirtdynamics
04-28-2006, 03:19 PM
...nah i tattooed the fish not the bunny :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/bithed/mytattoo.jpg

No SHxT ??
Really ?
Dang thats one yakuza waiting to happen.............