PDA

View Full Version : LRP V7.1....Will It Work With The Mini Brushed Motors?

FHM101
04-13-2006, 05:30 PM
Hey folks, I'm in the process of setting up my ST and wanted to try some brushed motors before I decide on a power system for the truck. I have an almost new LRP V7.1 ESC laying around and I'd like to use it so I don't have to lay out a C note for a micro specific brushed ESC just to satisfy my curiosity about the torque differences between brushed and brushless motors.

I've got quite a bit of experience with 1/10 electric, but have always relied on just buying equipment that was 1/10 specific.

Any and all help with this will be greatly appreciated.

bbking9
04-13-2006, 08:58 PM
Should work just fine.

bermbuster
04-13-2006, 10:03 PM
will it fit??? that esc has a big footprint.

FHM101
04-14-2006, 12:21 AM
43mm x 34mm. A paper template says it will fit on the rear deck with enough room for a small receiver.

over_powered_rookie
04-14-2006, 12:49 AM
wont it allow too much juice/power to hit the motor? or will it be ok?

mat3833
04-14-2006, 01:03 AM
nope the ESC can limit the ammount of current, it does not however push current. the motor draws the amps through the ESC. i think.....

Matt

over_powered_rookie
04-14-2006, 01:10 AM
well had i known that...i wouldnt have wasted money on these 3 novak spy ESC's

FHM101
04-14-2006, 02:51 AM
I don't know if it will work either, but I will after this weekend. I'm going to go ahead and hook it up and see what happens.

16thDimension
04-14-2006, 04:35 AM
I got my Inferno and it had a Novak Duster Sport already wired up and it worked great on the H8 high performance engine. I did take that out to put my smaller LRP Quantum with reverse in. I couldn't get it to work properly in the car. It seemed to have problem due to trim adjustments. The car when you turned it on would just go to full throttle and no matter how many times i tried to reset the ESC it would not set correctly so i gave up. Maybe with a diffrent transmitter, I could get a better result. I dunno. I am using a cheap Associated TX. I really wanted it to work too. Now its just sittin on the workbench with the Novak. Went ahead and put a BL system in it. Just my 2cents:) :)

FHM101
04-14-2006, 07:36 AM
The main reason I wanted to try some brushed motors is the track I race on is small so there is no real advantage to running a brushless as you don't have enough room to really air one out, but having enough torque to be able to roll up to a jump and squirt over it rather than having to take a run at it would be a big advantage. I want to see if the larger (heavier) brushed armature will give me that with the ST.