PDA

View Full Version : when will these be available in the u.s.?

hated1racing
04-13-2005, 09:48 PM
i dont want to order one from japan and pay that shipping. are they anywhere in the u.s. yet that i dont know about?????

MGTfix
04-13-2005, 09:55 PM
I have heard from my LHS which put in an order for more than 200 of the little buggers, Kyosho-USA will not be shipping the mini inferno till they receive all the parts in there new warehouse. They told my LHS this would be the first week of May. :(

hated1racing
04-13-2005, 11:23 PM
that is cool. i am going to buy a couple. soon as all the snow melts in my backyard i am going to build a supercross style track. cannot wait.....

arch2b
04-14-2005, 12:01 AM
email the shop here.... they got their rtr's in while ago and just got LOTS of parts

RURC
04-14-2005, 12:35 AM
I personally called Kyosho of America and told them that April 1 has come and gone. Where is the stuff in the stores? I did go over how that pissing off the end users is not the way to go about starting out a new venture on a positive note. I also said many more things. I was told by the VP of marketing that if "they did not ship by April 20 they would be in deep shit". That is a direct quote. I said that that has already happened. I also laied it out that since I cannot even get parts for my 777's I was selling them on ebay and that i would not even be getting a H8 were it not for all the good businesses that will be selling parts for it, and I will not have to relie on Kyosho for them. He was very apolgitic for the problems and said that they are haveing serious problems with their systems in the new facility.

MGTfix
04-14-2005, 01:23 AM
I think the biggest problem is, they are still looking for people to work there in the shipping and receiving department(check job opportunities on their web site) and I drove by the building Monday and they still have contractors going in and out the front door. They are about 5 miles from my house.

vindictor67
04-14-2005, 01:29 AM
I have to say that I am a "LITTLE" dissappointed with Kyosho myself. Got my H8 today and it is beautiful, BUT.......

Opened the box and poped in the batts. The included Radio is DOA :mad: ! Tried swapping crystals into my Mini-Z Monster controller and it worked, BUT the throttle was backwords (no channel reverse). :( Dug out my old T-Maxx radio and it happened to be on the same channel. Once I had the car running it seemed like the motor was backwords. Breaks worked great backwords but to go forward had to pull the trigger twice. like the break function was backwords. Open up the H8 and the wires to the motor came wired "red-black/black-red". :confused: Now it is running with a traxxas controller and seems to function correctly. Now I am fighting all of the things that you all have written about. Diffs are rrraatchettyyy, had to crank down the servo saver almost fully compressed to get any steering, and I haven't even looked at the slipper yet.

I believe Bit put it best: "Kyosho needs a good kick in the nuts". For comming up with such a great idea based on their very succesful competition buggy and then blow it by skimping on cheep electrics and building them so poorly at the factory. Think of the poor kid (RC Novice) that gets this "ReadySet" and can't get it to work, and if it does work won't steer or accelerate! Bought a "Competition Race Buggy" and gets his butt kicked by the kid next door with the Radio Shack TOY!

I will love this car after I spend a few hundred more $'s, but I think Kyosho may have given themselves and the hobby a black eye. Mugen, are you watching? :eek:

OneTimeCRX
04-14-2005, 07:35 AM
The wires between the motor and ESC should be red-to-red and black-to-black, so if you correct this it will correct your problems about everything being in reverse.

FWIW, it's possible that you got a rare bad copy or perhaps a copy that someone else messed around with and returned. I'm satisfied with what I got out of the box, and didn't mind tweeking it a little to my liking.

BitHed
04-14-2005, 10:56 AM
...I will reply in length later but RE the brains being reversed...Could they maybe be reversed INSIDE the brain from the factory? Which would mean you just have to reverse your propo?

...FYI negative is marked on the motor with a red dot...

acsubie
04-14-2005, 12:45 PM
...I will reply in length later but RE the brains being reversed...Could they maybe be reversed INSIDE the brain from the factory? Which would mean you just have to reverse your propo?

...FYI negative is marked on the motor with a red dot...

the red dot on the motor isnt +?????

BitHed
04-14-2005, 01:11 PM
...Would you just SHOOT me? NOW please...BANG!!

...you see now thats a REAL MAN' reply...lol...If i was a wussy i would have changed my original post :o

...FYI POSITIVE is marked by a red dot :o

UNITED_RC
04-14-2005, 05:32 PM
I think the biggest problem is, they are still looking for people to work there in the shipping and receiving department(check job opportunities on their web site)

That is funny.......sad...but funny!

URC

TNB
04-14-2005, 06:35 PM
Then there are those who apparently pre-ordered from Tower.... (Not me since I couldn't wait that long).

halfEIGHT
04-27-2005, 06:23 PM
Just to answer the original question, according to our contact at Kyosho, the launch date is now May 9th. :)