PDA

View Full Version : ST Motor

Jaymz
04-07-2006, 11:57 AM
Ok guys, I'm about to upgrade my motor and ESC... What I would like is for people to post up what motors and ESC's they have used and that will bolt straight into the ST without modification. Also ruffly what the approx. top speed would be? Also i would like something with plenty of torque so any suggestions would be great! Torque and Speed... is it possible? As soon as i get my CAW adapters I will post a few pics of my ST for you guys to look at ;) Even gonna try to paint it myself :D

Laterz

FHM101
04-13-2006, 05:48 AM
Troy at Bishop said his new motor, the wraith (http://www.b-p-p.com/proddetail.php?prod=db_wraith) is going to be a killer. He also now has 33 amp car controls.

OvaYaHead
04-14-2006, 08:47 AM
:D I received an email from BPP that my wraith and quark 33a are in route.

OvaYaHead
04-14-2006, 05:51 PM
FHM did you get any info on what would be a good gear setup for the wraith in a KMI ST?

Team Girth
04-14-2006, 08:36 PM
Why do i keep reading that the stock layout is not good for a brushless..????

why does the motor have to be on the other side???

OvaYaHead
04-14-2006, 09:31 PM
I dont know about the motor having to be on the other side, but you need a brushless esc to run a brushless motor. the stock electronics have a brushed esc mixed in with the receiver.

It's disappointing to hear, but all the electronics in the kmi rtr need to be switched out to go brushless.

Team Girth
04-14-2006, 11:18 PM
Well thats ok, i had an old KO 949 that i put in there,oh and my R-1 is doing all the work now and my friend gave me the Mini Rage for a gift. can i use another mortor? if so, what would be best.

OvaYaHead
04-15-2006, 07:48 AM
cool. so your all set to go then. I don't know what your plans are for the car, but from researching it looks like a WArp 4 2 turn is pretty good all around, track and bashing. check out bishop power products, theres a video of the warp 4 in a mini quake. I know its a smaller car, but from what I read it doesnt have heating issues in a mini inferno. I've seen a kmi st with a aon 4900 in it, it was really fast and didn't get really hot either. Then theres a align 430.

I have seen a kmi st with a mini rage motor and esc. After only a minute on track the motor was to hot to touch, try to stay away from the smaller cans.

FHM101
04-18-2006, 08:43 AM
FHM did you get any info on what would be a good gear setup for the wraith in a KMI ST?
Sorry, I never thought to ask.

Regards the motor flip, I think the idea is to gain more room for a longer motor. I've been doing some more asking around and I'm thinking the motor flip would be good for the ST as it would allow the use of something like the long can hyperion motor(s) that Bishop offers for the mini quake. It would also give you room to run a 12v pack. :D

OvaYaHead
04-21-2006, 11:22 PM
With the motor flip, can the slipper be by passed?

I received the wraith and quark. I'm just waiting on the 11, 12 and 13t pinions now from Bishop. I had to check out the motor so I put the stock pinion on for a run. With just a 2 cell lipo, esc stock settings and throttle at 80%, the tires ballooned up like crazy.

mOOsE
04-22-2006, 03:58 AM
no, all that is done is that you will be rotating the entire center transmission 180 degrees.

Moodiboy
04-28-2006, 08:56 PM
Jayme,

You're in Australia right? I'm in WA. Where do you get your hop ups from?

I just bought an ST and am sorry to say - out of the box, it sux!

Nick

Jaymz
05-01-2006, 02:16 AM
ebay is your friend :D or a local hobby store... all my hop ups so far are from ebay... just stick with well known brands :D