PDA

View Full Version : Hyperion and Mamba 25 wiring

gazzer55
04-07-2006, 04:20 AM
I just received my Hyperion 6000 and mamba esc and was wondering how to wire them together. I am new to this and it might be a dumb question but the 3 yellow wires on the hyperion and very thin and do not fit into the gold pieces I received with the mamba in order to connect it to the mamba gold parts. Is there something I am missing here??

caseyavalos
04-07-2006, 05:37 AM
You Know I Bought a Mamba 25 and was burning thru Motors because its to small for the Gears on the Car.. So the Motor ends up over heating and thats all folks.. I would Try it out First but I bought the Align 35C speed control and that thing Bangs.. Sorry its off topic but I just wanna give you Heads Uppp..

gazzer55
04-07-2006, 07:18 AM
Thanks for the advice. I hope it doesnt come to that but if I do have heat problems (which i've heard is a huge problem with this motor) then i'll have to look into getting that speed control. For the money I spent on this set up I sure hope it works the way I want it too!!!

bbking9
04-07-2006, 07:44 PM
yea- all bullet connectors are not the same. Go to your LHS and take your Hyperion and find some that are the right fit for the connectors on your motor.

Just change the Mamba connectors. No need to change both.

gazzer55
04-07-2006, 07:51 PM
Trpy at b-p-p said to fill the gold connector with solder and place the hyperion yellow wire inside. I assume this will work ok but i'm worried the connection wont be as strong as it should be.

bbking9
04-07-2006, 11:05 PM
it will be strong enough - the only drawback is you will still need to cover the connection with heatshrink and when you need to remove the motor - you'll need to cutoff the heatshrink and desolder the connection.

But if you dont plan on changing motors - go for it.