PDA

View Full Version : [Urgent] Is Proppo EX1-R Any Good?

hkopium
04-13-2005, 12:27 AM
I am buying a new remote control set for my H8 in 6 hours, please help.

I thought of the EX10, but seems way too expensive for a NON-competition car... so how about this EX-1 Typr R? It is Digital awith HRS? Any bad things about EX-1R?

TNB
04-13-2005, 04:17 PM
The Ko Propo Helios EX-10 is faster than the older R model. The Helios EX-10 and EX-1 Mars R use HSR, Futaba radios like the T3PK use HRS. Links to the Ko Propo transmitter radios are below.

http://www.kopropo.com/EX-10_helios.htm
http://www.kopropo.com/EX-1_Mars_R.htm

adrenalinrush123998
04-13-2005, 06:09 PM
just get a futaba 3PK and a sigital-spektrun radio system....
glitching:impossible
running on same frequency as someone as:not gonna happen
annoying crystals:gone
range:3000FT
antenna lenght for TX: same size as the average wireless router for internet
antenna for RX: eight inch

perfect radio and reiciver system for all cars

TNB
04-13-2005, 06:53 PM
If he doesn't want to spend that much money on a Ko Propo Helios EX-10, he probably doesn't want to spend more on a Futaba T3PK and then even more for Spectrum module.

adrenalinrush123998
04-14-2005, 12:39 AM
yeah.... oh well
why do you need a new transmitter anyways?
is there something wrong with the first one?

hkopium
04-14-2005, 12:54 AM
If he doesn't want to spend that much money on a Ko Propo Helios EX-10, he probably doesn't want to spend more on a Futaba T3PK and then even more for Spectrum module.

TO TNB: Bingo! You read my mind bro. :)

TO Aderline: My H8 is just for fun, so those $$$ first class Tx is not really necessary to me. Nonetheless, the stock Tx simply... sucks!!! (1) Slow response and (2) I kinda "feel" the servo is weak when turning corners at fast speed. So I decided to change them.

Been to the RC shops, but still couldn't decide which to purchase. The shop keeper kept telling me to go for KO EX-10 Helios. Although I really like it, the price is simply too stiff for recreation purpose.

BitHed
04-14-2005, 07:05 AM
...im telling ya opium...KYOSHO EX-5...quick and easy and a no-brainer...A lower level FUTABA model will be just as good though...in order of preference for me it would be KYOSHO first, then FuTABA, then probably SANWA / Airtronics...

hkopium
04-14-2005, 08:38 AM
...im telling ya opium...KYOSHO EX-5...quick and easy and a no-brainer...A lower level FUTABA model will be just as good though...in order of preference for me it would be KYOSHO first, then FuTABA, then probably SANWA / Airtronics...

In other words... don't change Tx? Use the stock one?

lukeita
04-14-2005, 01:01 PM

Hello!
Which receiver could I use for the original transmitter?
Thanks!