PDA

View Full Version : Stolen lot of H8's and parts

RURC
04-13-2005, 12:21 AM
OK guys crappy news. :mad: I have been robbed. :mad: I have lost 7 cars total. 5 H8's and 2 Mini T's. There were 4 different setups of motors (all brushless). 2 full Mamba set ups and 2 Mambas with Hacker motors. Various hand made parts for the cars. Finally about 15 different sets of Lipo batteries. All cars had Multiplex recievers and steering servos. One H8 had a hand made carbon fibre chassis (looked ruff but was working good). If any one sees stuff for sale anywhere let me know. The police have told me to watch the internet for them to be for sale. Who ever took them was looking for them. They knew that I had them. They did not get any of my transmitters so they are useless right now. Please any help will not go unnoticed.

Thank you for your time

hkopium
04-13-2005, 12:29 AM
ARGH!!! Sorry to hear that... Hope those low life bastxxds will be caught soon. :mad:

BTW, now you have an excuse to buy new toys. :D

Rcdriver
04-13-2005, 12:53 AM
OMFG! :eek: Dude that sucks man. Sry to hear that RURC. But they must have known you to be able to know that you had that stuff.

Ill look for stuff on eBay. :)

mOOsE
04-13-2005, 01:20 AM
that seriously sucks. Have you checked the local pawn shops? I have found a lot of stolen stuff there. But you did say that they were looking specifically for it so maybe check the local track or call around.

ixlr8
04-13-2005, 01:31 AM
hey i got an idea go to one 18th and other sites and post wanted ad's for an H8 or carbon fiber chassis for the H8 or somthing

WhoMe
04-13-2005, 02:31 AM
Man thats rotten. Ill keep my eyes open for you. If it goes up on the net, no doubt one of us will spot it.

acsubie
04-13-2005, 02:31 AM
im always in the classsified sections on sites...i'll be on the look out...RURC how and where were they taken from??

RURC
04-13-2005, 03:29 AM
Been calling and checking pawn shops

I live at the local track

Looking for anything for sale at all forums I can find

They took them out of my shop while I went in the office to eat lunch. My brother (who I work with ) had left to meet his wife for lunch. They took the cases they were in and walked right past hundreds of dollars of tools and other stuff. Whoever did it knew exactly where we were and what we were doing at the time. They were in the cases (2) not laying around or even open. No marks on cases no stickers or anything. We are not in the city. You have to really search to find our shop. We are out in the sticks on purpose. Whoever it was thay came through the woods behind the shop.

All I can think is that it was someone who was at the Losi Nationals this weekend in Tampa. I had them there and was demoing them. The whole thing is very fishey. I really am not concerned about the stuff (of course I want it back) I am just pissed of the nerve of someone. I do not believe that it was someone I know well. Mabe an aquantance or someone I ran into. That is why I think it was from the Losi race.

Thanks for all the support guys

Bit I need 4 more. How fast and how much? :D

BitHed
04-13-2005, 04:16 AM
...RURC that sux mate...really sorry to hear that...

...You know I am allergic to ready sets mate...call halfeight...He should be able to help you faster than i could...Send me your parts list though and i will fill that with buckets of happiness for you...

ixlr8
04-13-2005, 04:22 AM
i just posted wnated ad's if they respond ill LYK ASAP.i posted on one18th rccaraction,platinumrc,mini offroaders,and rcbros

arch2b
04-13-2005, 10:38 AM
very sorry to hear that :( i wish you the best of luck in getting atleast some back. it's a small world rc's... it's easy to spot things once it's online

Joan
04-13-2005, 11:57 AM
I'm sorry to hear about that...
Sure I'll watch on ebay every day

TNB
04-13-2005, 04:11 PM
i just posted wnated ad's if they respond ill LYK ASAP.i posted on one18th rccaraction,platinumrc,mini offroaders,and rcbros
Good idea, but if the person or persons had a brain they probably wouldn't sell them online. They would also probably just keep them and race them if the Mini-Infernos were first spotted at a race to begin with--how about 2 or 3 people who all of a sudden are racing them all together or are just trying to sell one locally in order to get another person to join the group. It's just too bad some people resort to such tactics.

adrenalinrush123998
04-13-2005, 06:02 PM
dman...ill make sure to constantly check ebay.....
so they decided to steal just a crapload of h-8s? and upgrades? no controllers? tv's? tools?

i wouldve taken more than a craploadof h-8s and accessories
if they stole them without transmitters they must have a lot of other r/c stuff already...probably a couple of futaba 2PL's.... look fore people with h-8s at the track
sy to hear tho man that really sucks
oh BTW ou said they were in cases? were these carrying cases that you can buy from somewhere? or just some home-brewed modifyed suitcas?
i wanna know..i think my h-8 could use a carrying case and maybe a bed.....

mpetrich
04-13-2005, 06:32 PM
UGH!
Sorry to hear that RURC....
I will definitely keep an "eye" out where ever I can (Ebay and other sites on the web).
Ebay is very good to react quickly when stolen merchandise is put on their site. I can help with that if need be.
Thanks,
Matt

RURC
04-14-2005, 12:15 AM
I just got a phone call from a friend that owns a hobby shop in S. Carolina. He tells me that a local guy came into his shop today wanting to buya Multiplex radio for a bunch of cars he bought on line. Bobby (the shop owner) was one of the first to recieve the mass email I sent out on the theft. The guy told him that it was a couple of Mini T's and some Kyosho stuff. I am flying out tonight and will be at the shop in the morning when the guy comes in. Bobby told him that he needed to bring in the reciever so he could get the correct Multiplex transmitter. Thats thinking on your feet Bobby. I will meet a undercover officer at the hotel at 7am and we will go there togather and wait. He dose have the guy on video tape and says that the guy comes in every few weeks for something. The cool thing is that the guy was talking about how he was at the Losi Nationals in Tampa over the weekend. I think we got him. :D

coryj
04-14-2005, 12:22 AM
good to hear but I wouldn't want a cop there because he wouldn't let me whoop the guy ;)

RURC
04-14-2005, 12:39 AM
good to hear but I wouldn't want a cop there because he wouldn't let me whoop the guy ;)

That, my friend, is the reason I want him there.

You can get some fast results on the internet. You know a few yaers ago this would not have been possable. It is like the police not chasing a car that is going way too fast. No matter how fast you drive you cannot out run the radio.

WhoMe
04-14-2005, 01:38 AM
Hrmm very interesting. Good luck RURC.

Joan
04-14-2005, 03:40 AM
Good luck!!

Rcdriver
04-14-2005, 05:04 AM
I hope a happy ending to a very bad story RURC. :)

RURC
04-15-2005, 07:27 PM
Got the creap. The police dont want me to use his real name but I can rhyme it. Pile Corn. He showed up and he brought in one of the MiniT and I told the cop that I had the seral number from the reciever and we matched it up. BAM BUSTED. Now the beyond crappy part. I cant have my stuff till all the processing is done and he is extradited to FL. This could be 6 months. I could get it back now if I wanted to drop all charges. My ass. Drop the charges not me. I will see that shit head in jail if it kills someone.

Any how thanks for all the support guys.
When all said and done I will post the photos of this guy and his full name and address.

Icey.Apple
04-15-2005, 08:29 PM
Very good to hear the little bastard got busted ;) Donno if it's legal to post a pic of him and all of his info though... but who cares... ;) Just let us at him and he'll wish he'ed never got born:p

arch2b
04-15-2005, 08:31 PM
congratulations on your victory over crime :D sorry to hear ti will take so long to get it all back but the important thing is, your getting it back ;)

that must have been one hell of a thrill though....to catch the guy or be involved in his capture

Icey.Apple
04-15-2005, 08:35 PM
[...]
that must have been one hell of a thrill though....to catch the guy or be involved in his capture

Reading it all was a thrill for me already :p

Let's hope you can get your stuff back soon

TNB
04-15-2005, 09:10 PM
I had the seral number from the reciever and we matched it up. BAM BUSTED.
Smart move on your behalf. Sorry to hear it will take so long to get your stuff back but the person could waive extradition and at least you will be getting your items returned in tact. I'm also glad that there is now one less alleged thief on the prowl and will soon bite the dust worse than an 1/8th scale buggy. It's just too bad that it appears that someone is always getting items stolen from them or having their equipment allegedly tampered with at RC races or as a result of RC races. And sometimes, those supposed high security conventions aren't any better since people can always sneak in and out of the side doors or by security if not the convention employees themselves. I don't know about anyone else, but it can be a real pain hauling items in and out of the convention centers when racing and demo'ing simply because nobody can be trusted with anything.

vindictor67
04-16-2005, 01:02 AM
Congratulations RURC, You got LUCKY! Be very thankful. Good job on the detective work and on actually having the serial number of the reciever.

Hope all comes back soon for you. :D

WhoMe
04-16-2005, 02:42 AM
Justice, what a rare and delicious platter! HAH Good for you RURC. Im happy to hear you got em.

Rcdriver
04-16-2005, 04:12 AM
Sweet man a happy ending to this aweful story. If I was you id kill him right on the spot. I hope that guy drops the soap in jail. :D :cool:

alfreddajero
04-16-2005, 04:17 AM
glad everything worked out man

KURTMEYER69
04-16-2005, 05:11 AM
that was awesome!! ken

RURC
04-19-2005, 06:27 PM
This guy admits to all of it. I got a call from the police that interviewed him and he gave it all. He saw me at the race and got one of my business cards. Put the address in a GPS and found the shop (we try to keep it kind of hidden in the sticks, no name on the building, we are even on a rural airport).We do real local work so someone finding us in not nessary. Well, he came out and cased the place for a couple of days from the far end runray with bonoculars. Watched me go in the office with something out of the microwave in hand and knew I was going to eat lunch. He had seen me in the cabinet where the cars were and knew exactly where they were. He came in and grabbed the 3 cases and left, closing the cabinet. I did not notice till that evening when i went to do some playing and they were gone.

Rcdriver
04-19-2005, 07:48 PM
Wow... :eek: That is somewhat disturbing tho. Having someone stalking you for rc cars. But it all turned out good in the end. And thats what matters. :cool:

paulj2
04-19-2005, 08:46 PM
RURC, will this allow you to continue development of a long lasting lipo pack, you talked about in another thread? If so, when might we expect it?

Thanks, Paul

Crunch
04-20-2005, 02:07 AM
Glad to see this all ended with a happy ending.

It's amazing what people will do for a free lunch. I, myself had my brand new Integra Type R stolen from right under my apartment. I then started hanging out at all the local race spots too see who had new Type R parts installed, but too bad nothing was ever found.

The cops said the car was probably exported and not parted since it was so new.

Never thought this would happen in the RC world too!! Just plain crazy.....

BitHed
04-20-2005, 04:07 AM
..oh yeah crunch you left your keys under the front seat, it was kinda easy to drive away in it cos you were so busy upsatirs with your revDOH!!

...I once had a diecast model of the Space 1999 Eagle spaceship stolen from WITHIN my garage...Almost 30 years have passed since it happened and i still relive that ho9llow, cold feeling that sits in your tummy after something is gone...I left a video camera in an airport once too :(

Crunch
04-20-2005, 05:40 AM
Naaaaaaa....that was a few years back when I was still in Canada. You should have seen me....I was furious.

I think I must have walked up and down the block 10 times to see if I "accidently" parked it somewhere else.....

RURC
04-20-2005, 10:54 AM
RURC, will this allow you to continue development of a long lasting lipo pack, you talked about in another thread? If so, when might we expect it?

Thanks, Paul

Yes and no. I have 4 more cars on order. I hope to get them by first of next week. I have lipo packs and was almost ready to give all info on them about a week ago when the manufacturer called me and said that they had found a manufacturing problem on this new style and advised me to halt developement for a few weeks while they get their manufacturing problem worked out. I had no problems with them but if they are concerned I should abide with what they say. What I had and will have again (I hope ) was 3600 mah at 7.4 and 11.1. It was a 10C set up. The cases were hard aluminum not the foil envelope on others. I will let more known asap.

paulj2
04-20-2005, 03:04 PM
Thanks RURC, I would love to see a 11.1v pack made for the H8 with that high of a mah rating. Any idea on price?

Thanks, Paul

RURC
04-20-2005, 07:25 PM
Thanks RURC, I would love to see a 11.1v pack made for the H8 with that high of a mah rating. Any idea on price?

Thanks, Paul

The 11.1 (providing that there is not a price increase when they resume production) will be $100. I don't go for that $99.99 crap, "oooo its less than $100" that is so bogus.

paulj2
04-20-2005, 09:14 PM
The 11.1 (providing that there is not a price increase when they resume production) will be $100. I don't go for that $99.99 crap, "oooo its less than $100" that is so bogus.

Sounds good, let me know when they are ready.

mOOsE
04-20-2005, 09:28 PM
good to hear that they found him. Cops are too lazy where I live...I have had my car broken into 2 times and have had vandalism. I can barely get them to call me back after I file the report. Their must be a donut sale somewhere