PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered a MIST

gorbasho
03-27-2006, 02:20 AM
Wee I'm so excited, I just ordered a Tiger Flair MIST from A Main Hobbies, and paid $26 for 2nd day shipping because I'm horribly impatient lol. Also ordered an X-speed motor, alloy knuckles and alloy motor mount from the Tinyrc shop. I spent a total of about $255. I'll be skipping a few lunches for this one lol (no not literally). This is gonna be great, I can't wait. I'll post pics and maybe a vid or two in this thread when I get it

SteveR1960
03-27-2006, 02:36 AM
Congrats!

You'll be havin' big fun. What batt packs/charger did you opt for?

gorbasho
03-27-2006, 02:44 AM
I'll just be running some AA NiMHs for now, dont have enough money left to get a pack and charger yet

bbking9
03-27-2006, 04:31 AM
gorbasho - are these AAs your using rechargable? If not - you're gonna be going through them like water over Niagra Falls. You need to try and scrape up some $ for some rechargable batts from unitedrc or cheapbatterypacks.com. I'll bet within a week - you will have spent more on throw away batteries than the cost of a good pack.

Just my $.02

SteveR1960
03-27-2006, 04:35 AM
yeh - he said NiMH so they are rechargeables. Alkalines won't work well because of their high internal resistance. You will just go extra slow. Someone I know can verify that with the ST too.

BitHed
03-27-2006, 05:00 AM
...batteries are the life and blood of this vehicle...It is so much better in the long run to start out with decent batteries...It isnt really thought of as a 'mod' but it is more an 'essential'...

FYI: HPI released the E-Zilla with 2000 NiCD packs and then RE-RELEASED it with 3300 NiMH packs...That tells you the importance of DECENT batteries to allow your vehicle to do what it is designed to do...Dont skimp on packs...Get the best you can beacause they pay for themselves ten-fold...

NOTE: Its also a good idea to 'cycle' them up (2 charges @ 1 amp, 2 charges @ 2 amp, then charge @ 4 amps) so that they perform better for longer IN THE LONG RUN ;)

mOOsE
03-27-2006, 05:31 AM
i got pooched with the 2000's :( anyone need some paper weights?

OvaYaHead
03-27-2006, 06:31 AM
yeh - he said NiMH so they are rechargeables. Alkalines won't work well because of their high internal resistance. You will just go extra slow. Someone I know can verify that with the ST too.

:D yup that would be me. Recieved my mist right before picking up my son, ran to target and picked up a 24 pack of energizers and was bummed at how slow the ST was. Then I read the manual and found out that alkaline are not recommended.

Now I'm running 3 AA size li ion batteries with a modified stock holder. All stock and runs great :D .

Congrats on the purchase! let me know how you like that x-speed.

gorbasho
03-28-2006, 03:28 AM
i might be running 4 lith cells in a series/parallel connection later.

ive got a question, if i pick up some CAW hex adapters i can run these (http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXMX92&P=7) rims and these (http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXZK77&P=7) tires right? and i shouldnt get any rubbing, since this is an ST? would i need any other things to make it work? i dont suppose itd be possible to use those rims without adapters?

mOOsE
03-28-2006, 04:01 AM
yes, with adapters you should be able to run those rims. I think bit may actuall be running something like that but he will have to answer for sure. You can also mount proline 2.2 rear buggy tires on those wheels too....which would be a better choice for off road only scenarios