PDA

View Full Version : Mamba Kitty #1 checking in

Shawn Palmer
04-12-2005, 07:43 PM
Hey guys,

Just a note to let you know we have a pair of H8's coming in soon (thanks Tinyrc!) for some Mamba testing.

From the preliminary looks and what I can find - it seems the 6800 Mamba would be combo of choice, but DO NOT take my word for that 'till I can beat the crap out of them for a while.

If you're already running a combo now - let me know which one and how it's doing please.

These things are gonna take the world by storm, and we're doing what we can, as fast as we can, to make sure there'll be no problems Mambanizing them to really make them come alive.

I'll keep you posted.
Shawn Palmer
Marketing/Support Dir.
Castle Creations
shawnp@castlecreations.com
785-883-4519

BitHed
04-12-2005, 08:18 PM
...Hey Shawn...Welcome to the boards...Looks like the big-guns are showing up for the showdown eh ;) Many of our users will be quite excited to see you here...A nod of the cap to TinyRC for setting you guys up with H8's too :cool: Shawn i think we are ALL loooking forward to what the Mamba can do in the H8...Good luck :D

TNB
04-12-2005, 08:43 PM
Hey guys,
If you're already running a combo now - let me know which one and how it's doing please.
I see you got my invite today and email regarding the availability of Half8s from this website. ;) As I mentioned to Joe on the telephone today, I just installed a new Comp X Package in the Half8 last night after probably screwing up the other 8000kv motor when I added a sleeve for the stock pinion. Anyway, I'll mail the old motor to you soon. Meanwhile, glad to see you and your team personally joined the forum. By the way, I'm using a 3-cell lipo, a heat sink, have the timing turned down, and am using Trinity gears.

interference
04-13-2005, 01:36 AM
HI Shawn,

I emailed you some time last week about the range and tempertature problems I was having last week. I have since worked out the range issue. Just the higher than I prefer temps left.

Setup.

12T pinion from the ZAP400 heli
8xGP1100

There are pics of the motor in my car on his forum, as well as an insane off road drag+tumble. :)

http://halfeight.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152

halfEIGHT
04-13-2005, 06:06 PM
Welcome Shawn! Let the "Mambanizing" begin! :D

Shawn Palmer
04-13-2005, 07:16 PM
How hot are we talking interference? anything less than 200F is OK. And which combo is it?

Shawn

interference
04-14-2005, 06:50 AM
shawn,
its a 6800 combo. I already have a heat sink on it and yet you cannot touch the motorfor more than a second or 2

RRCRC
04-14-2005, 11:26 AM
Shawn after your testing with the Half eight let me know what the best set up is.
Motor,gear,battery.
Thanks
Tom

Shawn Palmer
04-14-2005, 01:58 PM
Will do :-)

The dudes of coolness at TinyRC got them in the mail to me yesterday - I'm hoping for some serious *Mambanizing* to start happening tomorrow!!!!!

Shawn

TNB
04-14-2005, 04:12 PM
Tomorrow? Why wait so long. Mine has already been playing in the street, on the sidewalk, and in the gravel lots. I even had to give it a bath for this photo. ;)

http://www2.mini-zracer.com/albums/album623/H8_0.jpg

SSS
04-14-2005, 09:44 PM
These things are gonna take the world by storm, and we're doing what we can, as fast as we can, to make sure there'll be no problems Mambanizing them to really make them come alive.

Have ordered a kit at SMALL SIZE hobbyshop in Norway...Just waiting! www.smallsize.no

lukeita
04-18-2005, 10:47 PM
Hello
No news = good news? :)
I'm waiting your test results to buy the best Mamba kit for my H8 :)
As I can read on your website, with 8 cells it's better to use a 5400kV? I was going to buy the 6800 but maybe it could become to hot?
Thanks!

adrenalinrush123998
04-19-2005, 01:55 AM
hey shawn palmer, if you need any other testers for the mamba system im willing to uh......donate my h-8 to the name of science... yeah youn guys just send me a mamba package for no cost and ill see how it performs out here and send you my driving results each day...hows that sound?

BitHed
04-22-2005, 05:40 AM
...have we had anymore with this? how about a check in from the MAMBA users...Still hot or have we fixed this? Has Shaun and his crew been gobbled up by a hole in the planet or what ? Keep us posted fellas :D

TNB
04-22-2005, 05:48 AM
I've been trying to keep you informed on the other forum when I can't access this forum. ;)

Smoothound
04-22-2005, 06:22 AM
...have we had anymore with this? how about a check in from the MAMBA users...Still hot or have we fixed this? Has Shaun and his crew been gobbled up by a hole in the planet or what ? Keep us posted fellas :D

Mamba 8000 here runs way too hot(200+ deg) on 3s 1320mAh TP packs on a 10T pinion, I can't source a heatsink locally so I'm researching alternative power setups currently.

BitHed
04-22-2005, 07:33 AM
...hmm..so basically the whole community is running hot...I still need to hear back from the two users i know who are using the E Flight 400 BL...if we can find out if they are hot or not then we could begin to focus on 're-powering' the car...I cannot and WILL NOT believe that KYOSHO is OK with these heats...They are just bloody stupid...And here we all are cutting holes in our bodies like silly bloody freddie kreuger!!

Smoothound
04-22-2005, 08:37 AM
I had similar problems with the Mamba in my M18. I had conversations with Shawn via email and 200*F was said to be the realistic maximum but it really is too hot. The M18 got better dropping from 3 cells to 2 and fitting an ally heatsink motor mount.

I'm tempted to try a Mega 16/15/3 as if it don't work in the Half8 it will go in my T-Rex, I also wondered about the Feigao 130L motors but I've not been brave enough to try one yet :D

TNB
04-24-2005, 11:58 PM
Some of the other brushless motors I've looked at mention a max of 220 so 200 doesn't seem that unreasonable to me, but I'm not a motor tech. I do know that after using a motor heat sink and turning down the timing, my 8000kv cooled down in my Xray M18 though I've had to use more countermeasures with the Kyosho Mini-Inferno. Of course, the ambient temps also seem to be a factor.

BitHed
04-25-2005, 12:58 AM
...ok...i took out the WHOLE motor side of my front window...its is still getting nasty hot but it IS much better..I also have much of the REAR window out as an escape for the air...seems to be cooler but it IS dustier..but its not that much of a problem...

plain_simple
04-25-2005, 02:57 PM
i'm thinking about getting a Mamba for my brand new baby.. Which one do you sugest? the 8000? from what i read here it seems that getting a H8 cooked is not that hard but...

P.S.: I already have the hop-ups like the new oil shoxs and all the other ones available from Kyosho except the hop-up motor... are the ones from 3racing a good bet?