PDA

View Full Version : Is this possible?

Bill Killillay
03-26-2006, 09:38 PM
Hello,

Is it possible to put the buggy bodies onto the ST's and if so what is needed to make it work? I just bought an ST as everybody said that is what I should get. So that being done, how can I make it look like the buggy, which is what I really like?

Thx,
Bill K.

bbking9
03-26-2006, 10:48 PM
Bill,

I have done the same. You will need the buggy shock towers (front and rear) and I would recommend the buggy wheels/tires. You will also need the buggy wing mount and wing.

Keep the ST arms - they are longer than the buggy - so it gives it a little wider, more stable stance.

If you want - you can add the fake cooling head - but I did not. If you need a clear buggy body - 2 choices: JConcepts or a Pro-line crowd pleaser. The clear Kyosho body is very expensive.

Think that is all you need.

Which ST did you get (blue/orange or black/yellow)? I need a new Black/Yellow ST body. I have a new in package clear Buggy Pro-line crowd pleaser if you want to trade. I'll pay for your shipping the ST to me also. So if you have the black/yellow body - I'll ship you my new crowd pleaser buggy body and $5 cash. You ship me the ST body.

If interested - you can post back here or email me at bbking9@lycos.com

Bill Killillay
03-26-2006, 10:59 PM
Hello BBKing, thanks for the response, I sent you an email. That said, do you think you could send some pictures of your setup?

Thx,
Bill K.

bbking9
03-26-2006, 11:10 PM
Well - I have it set up as the ST right now. So it looks like yours. However - I run the ST body with the buggy wing on it. I took the ST wing off and had to modify the ST body to allow the buggy wing to fit.

I edited my previous post about trading bodies. I will throw in cash.

Bill Killillay
03-26-2006, 11:28 PM
I bought this one (http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?productid=17307&cat=252&page=1).

If you can help me out with some links to the other items that I'll need, even down to the wheels and tires you have a deal.

Shoot me an email, or respond to my email if you like.

Thx,
Bill K.

bbking9
03-26-2006, 11:35 PM
Hey Bill,

I'll help u out with P/N's whether you want to swap or not. But that is the body I need.

The truck actually runs better as a buggy (lower CG and less weight becuase of the wheels/tires). But I am the opposite of you - I like the look of the ST truck. But I switch occasionally back to the buggy.

Dinner time now - so I'll post P/Ns in a little bit.

Billy

Bill Killillay
03-26-2006, 11:41 PM
Billy,

Body swap is fine. I emailed you my address so that we can work out the details. :)

Thanks,
Bill K.

bbking9
03-26-2006, 11:48 PM
Hey Bill,

I had the P/Ns handy - so here ya go.

Front and Rear shock Towers - IH21 (both are included)
Buggy Wing - IH15W/Y (W=white/Y= yellow)
Buggy Wing Mount - IH06 (Includes front and rear body posts)
Wheel/Tires - IHTH01W/Y (W= white/Y= yellow)

Thats it.

I got all mine from www.rcboyz.com

Bill Killillay
03-27-2006, 12:47 AM
Thanks Billy,

I've asked David if I can get these same parts included in my order that ships out tomorrow. If not, then I'll use the site you suggest.

Thanks again for the help and I'll get the body shipped out as soon as it arrives, and your's arrives so that I can get your address. :)

BK

bbking9
03-27-2006, 01:02 AM
Sending you an email with the Mini Inferno User manual - so you have a referece for the new parts.

Bill Killillay
03-27-2006, 01:07 AM
Sending you an email with the Mini Inferno User manual - so you have a referece for the new parts.
Awesome, thanks!!

themerc64
03-27-2006, 04:59 AM
The H8 shock towers are not a necessity to run the buggy body. In fact they are a serious liability. The stock H8 front tower is very weak, flexes too much and will probably break. If you just trim the nose off the buggy body it will fit just fine using the stronger ST towers. The buggy body mounts come in the wing stay parts bag. I would suggest removing the ST body mounts from the ST towers when running with the buggy body to avoid breaking them. The wing will probably protect the rear ST body mounts. I plan on switching bodies on my ST between truck and buggy too. Check my gallery to see all the mounts in place.

Bill Killillay
03-27-2006, 10:10 AM
Would these shock towers first fit, and if so I assume that they would be ok, right?

http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?productid=16206&cat=0&page=1
http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?productid=17418&cat=0&page=2

Thx,
Bill

Bill Killillay
03-30-2006, 03:13 AM
I'm calling this project Stuggy. I've put three pictures of it up in the gallery so far.

I traded bodies with bbking9 and so I don't have a body on it yet, but you can see my work to date. bbking9 I'll ship out that body to you tomorrow or Friday as soon as the other one arrives.

I took the advice of somebody and went with upgraded shock towers rather than the plastic ones. I think they look sharp.

http://halfeight.com/gallery/showgallery.php?ppuser=584&cat=500

Bill K.

scottb
03-30-2006, 08:34 PM
...themerc64 is right - they are much more fragile.

I run a ST w a buggy body (ST tires). I just fabricated a wing and body mounts. The buggy wheels have a fair amount less traction from my experience - let us know what you think.

Bill Killillay
03-30-2006, 10:31 PM
So are you saying the after market shock towers that I just put on it are going to be weaker too? I spent the extra to hopfully avoid that... :o