PDA

View Full Version : Any bodies that are trimmable to fit ST??

bbking9
03-25-2006, 07:14 PM
From what I can find online - there are no Kyosho ST Clear bodies available in the U.S.

So - are there any truck bodies out there you can trim to fit - and still use the inner shell? Mini LST?

I know Parma makes one - but I think I could do better with some newspaper and aluminum foil.

Jaymz
04-06-2006, 09:20 PM
hey guys im really keen to find out this aswell...??? What bodies can fit? Or how do i find out what size the ST body is so i can try some others??? How do i measure it to find out if its a 190mm one? Is that the width of it??? I have no idea :(

Or should i just paint my standard one? :(

Thanx for the help guys :D

mOOsE
04-06-2006, 11:45 PM
190mm is a touring car body....that is the width measurement and will be far from fitting

FHM101
04-16-2006, 12:13 PM
I tried a parma xciter for the mini LST (http://www.shopatron.com/product/product_id=PAR10086/137.0.6037.13982.0.0.0), and trimmed to the cut lines it's still way to tall although the wheel wells do line up nice. It has a step about a half inch or so above the cut line that runs all the way round so when I get some time I'm going to trim it to that and see what happens. I don't think we are going to have any luck finding a full shell right away though. One good thing, I talked to the folks at J Concepts ( http://www.jconcepts.net/) and they have a full shell for the ST on the "to do" list, but it's not on the schedule yet so it might be a while. It could just be wishful thinking on my part, but doesn't this photo of the yet to be released ST ARR (http://www.halfeight.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=728) show a full unpainted shell?

crymynal
04-16-2006, 01:07 PM
FHM101--that just looks like the unpainted under body and top body on the ARR.

Jaymz
05-04-2006, 09:48 PM
FHM101 how did it go trimming up the parma body??? If it fits ok i might look at getting one, just to be different to everyone else in AUS :D Also does anyone know of someone in Brisbane, Australia that'll do a custom paintjob on one of these??? I have no painting skills at all :(

FHM101
05-06-2006, 10:19 AM
Have not had time to get to it yet. I work at home and business has been through the roof, plus a couple of family things came up unexpectedly so I'm meeting myself coming and going these days. I'm about to sell my ST to a guy I race nitro trucks with who wants to get into mini truck. We have a big race coming up in june and I'm running buggy in it so I'm devoting all my track time to practice with that. The truck had become a long term project for this winter when we move indoors full time and was just mostly gathering dust. The guy who wants it is a good friend so I'm going to hook him up for the june race. I've got plenty of time to get another ST and have it ready for the indoor season.

BitHed
05-09-2006, 05:17 AM
...If anyone reading this thread CAN then might i suggest dry-fitting a TAMIYA TLT body and getting pictures? I think you might find that it will fit and look pretty good too :D

Jaymz
05-09-2006, 08:26 AM
i just bought a parma xciter body for the inferno.... once its painted up ill post some piccy's.... but i would love a diff one if anyone has any ideas.... Might try that too Bit thanx :D

FHM101
05-09-2006, 12:19 PM
...If anyone reading this thread CAN then might i suggest dry-fitting a TAMIYA TLT body and getting pictures? I think you might find that it will fit and look pretty good too :D

I looked for a TLT-1 shell a few weeks ago and the only clear one I found (tamiya P/N 47201) was on Tower Hobbies and they gave the width as 4", but didn't specify if that was at the bottom or the top. My buggy is currently stripped for an IRAN and the tub with a scale laid across it just ahead of the battery stops measures just a shade under 4.8" outside to outside. If the 4" is across the top it might be made to work as it widens at the break line for the cab. If nothing else it could be fitted and spread over the chassis and with a little patience and a heat gun could be "adjusted" provided there are no interference issues further up. Ordering one and giving it a try was next on my list before I got rid of my ST. I may yet order one as my project truck for the upcoming winter season is going to be on a CF plate ( :D ) and I'm currently working to get everything mounted so I can trim the chassis to 4" OAW.

Jaymz
05-11-2006, 08:50 PM
hey guys im just wondering what is stopping us trimming the HPI bodies http://www.towerhobbies.com/listings/cat-cat-c2.html on towerhobbies to fit the MIST??? I have looked at their measurments and they are almost identical to the MIST body, just slightly taller... If anybody is able to dry fit one, would be good... I'm not actually trying one but i have ordered a Pro-Line Cadillac Escalade EXT Body off a Losi Mini-T for my MIST... It is a little shorter than the stock, but by my measurements it should just clear the suspension mounts... I will let you all know how i go and post some pics if it works! If i am crazy for even thinkin this would work, let me know :D In theory it'll work :D

momo.75
05-21-2006, 03:55 PM
In the new issue of Radio Control Car Action they have a pretty good write-up about the ST as well as a modded ST. The list all the parts and part numbers. I was trying to find the clear ST body and under body online, but can't find a source for them. Anybody have any sources for the parts. The part number they listed for these is "IBH50".

momo.75
05-23-2006, 06:16 AM
Well, I was at the LHS and saw the CP 2.0 body for the Mini LST. I had my ST in the truck so I went and got it to see how it would work. From what I could tell, it would do great. I brought it home, trimmed it out (before I did any painting) and tried it. Of course the sides have to be cut but it is going to be a perfect fit. Now I am going to give it the same paint scheme as my REVO race truck. I'll post some pics when finished. :D

BitHed
05-24-2006, 01:16 AM
...I have a couple of clear ST bodies and clear INNER bodies if people need them...Mail me...

momo.75
05-24-2006, 01:27 AM
I finally got it painted. I still have a little trimming to do. I am also going to get the yellow wing and a set of the yellow wheels.........then it will be a mini Me to my REVO. :D

momo.75
05-24-2006, 01:38 AM
Here's the REVO, so you know what I am talking about...... :cool: :D

FHM101
05-29-2006, 02:51 PM
Hey Momo!! Good to see you on the only real board for the half 8! I can't wait to see the mini mo revo with the yellow wheels. Sorry I missed shelby saturday, but Pat kept me chained to the grill from 8am until almost 10pm. How did the hardcore gas crowd like the mini? I'm hoping some of them will come race with us this winter at madd maxx. It will be a great way to keep the skills up over the winter.

momo.75
05-29-2006, 03:01 PM
I've got the yellow wheels on now and just waiting on the wing to come in. Everybody got a kick out of it at the track. It was fun, but will be better with the wing, for stability in the air, and a brushless.........for more air.....lol

I was glad I went down to shake down the REVO before the Pro Series race in Griffin. The new track is very fast with big air time. The truck was dialed, but was fighting the slipper clutch in the mains.

FHM101
05-30-2006, 03:06 PM
At least the revo has a functional slipper to fight with. :D

You ought to come out for the mini race this weekend. We have some very nice swag for everyone. Maybe you can score a brushless rig, battery pack, or even a whole car.

Oh and BTW, I've learned how to set up the mamba, so if you need any help with one, LMK.

BitHed
05-30-2006, 03:19 PM
...MoMO...Oh my oh my :o You guys are making my 'Bithed no lust over nitro' rule hard to follow :o

momo.75
05-30-2006, 03:31 PM
...MoMO...Oh my oh my :o You guys are making my 'Bithed no lust over nitro' rule hard to follow :o

lol.......sorry about that. i will have a couple more pics to post up when the wing comes in this week. I did get some yellow wheels and cut my number plates for it. Project "Mini Mo" is in full swing now.....lol

BitHed
05-30-2006, 03:50 PM
...I am impressed...The best one in a while...and i havent even seen it yet :DI am looking forward to it...Keep us posted...You might want to start your own thread in it too ;)

momo.75
05-30-2006, 04:04 PM
Thanks. I will start a new thread on it.

FHM101
05-30-2006, 08:05 PM

Resist the urge with all your might! Unless of course you enjoy working on your stuff more than you do running it. It's really not as bad as all that, but it is maddening at times. :eek: