PDA

View Full Version : 9.6v brushless

gulozgur
03-20-2006, 06:11 AM
is hyperion YC-22 5000 or 6000kv good enough or at least comparable to Aon 4900kv ?

I had decided to go with hyperion, but i just realised that b-p-p recommends 3-cell lipo or 9-10-cell setup :confused: .

which one do you guys recommend for 8-cell (9.6v) setup?
should i include warp 4 2turn or mamba 5400/6800kv motors to my alternatives?

sorry if it is covered somewhere else but i really couldnt find it :)

gazzer55
03-20-2006, 07:20 AM
From my limited knowledge on the subject I know the mamba motors are not a good choice for the H8 because they have heat problems and they don't have enough torque. I think the hyperion 6000 and Aon 4900 are quite similar but the Aon will have more torque and the hyperion will have a slightly higher top speed. The 6000 should run ok on 8 cells but the 5000 is recommended to run off 9 or 10. I dont know much about the Warp but from what i've been reading on the site the Aon and Hyperion 6000 seem to be the most popular choices. Hope this helps!!

bermbuster
03-20-2006, 12:22 PM
i have a mamba5400 w/ x-ray heatsink. Gear down a few teeth and it works real good.

over_powered_rookie
03-24-2006, 08:26 AM
From my limited knowledge on the subject I know the mamba motors are not a good choice for the H8 because they have heat problems and they don't have enough torque. I think the hyperion 6000 and Aon 4900 are quite similar but the Aon will have more torque and the hyperion will have a slightly higher top speed. The 6000 should run ok on 8 cells but the 5000 is recommended to run off 9 or 10. I dont know much about the Warp but from what i've been reading on the site the Aon and Hyperion 6000 seem to be the most popular choices. Hope this helps!!

is there different Mamba motors out that i dont know about?...i run a tekin mini rage esc. with a Mambe 5.4 in my half 8... 3 cell lipo's(1050 and 1570) , with a 10 tooth pinion and after a full 6 minute main i come off at 82-86 degrees...but i also have a aluminum motor mount,2 losi mini lst heatsinks on the motor,and a 25mm by 10mm Novak fan.

FHM101
03-29-2006, 02:44 PM
After researching for right at a month, I recently got a brushless system from BPP. On the recommendation of a friend I called Troy at BPP looking to get an Aon/mamba combo, but the Aon is currently on intergalactic backorder so I told him what I wanted (a car that behaved like a 10th electric with a 15~17 turn brushed motor), and that I would be running an 8 cell pack of IB1200 cells for juice. He hooked me up with the Hyperion 5000kv motor and mamba 25 combo and it is exactly what I asked for. I can do anything from creep just enough to move the buggy to full on 4wd rooster tails and everything in between and get crazy run times. My only complaint is if I run it until the pack starts to fall off (about 15 minutes), the motor gets pretty hot, around 140~160F, and I wish I had a bit more low end to make jumping a bit easier. I'm sure the low end could be had through gearing and since I'm only running 5 minute heats and mains the heat is really a non issue except for practice. I called Aon Electric a few days ago and they told me to expect the 4900 to come off backorder around mid april. They also offered me a killer deal of waiving the shipping charges if I went ahead and paid and got on the waiting list. I'm happy with the Hyperion rig in my buggy, but I just ordered an ST so I'll be getting on the waiting list for the 4900/mamba combo as soon as I can afford to do so. I figure the extra weight of the ST will need a bit more than the 5000 can give so I'm hoping the Aon will do the job.

The decision to call BPP turned out to be the perfect thing for me as a first time brushless user. Not only did Troy set up the motor parameters in my control, he also soldered on all the gold connecters for the motor/ESC connection and Deans plug to my ESC. All I had to do was mount the motor and ESC, install the pinion (12T), plug in the battery, and set throttle/brake. In addition to all the free extras, I ordered my system on a tuesday and had it in hand that thursday. Since then a few guys I race with have ordered systems from BPP and they all got the same top shelf service.

bbking9
03-30-2006, 01:31 AM
Yep. Troy at b-p-p.com is the best. They know what customer service means.