PDA

View Full Version : Victory is mine!

pimpsmurf
03-05-2006, 12:24 AM
1st place Amatuer Gas Truck

Happy days. It's definately a great birthday present (my birthday is tomorrow.)

We ran Pro Gas truck and Amatuer at the same time, and I actually came in 2nd place overall (only beaten by a pro) despite the idiot 12 year old turn marshalls. They were entirely too young to be out there. Scared to grab a truck that isn't moving, and one even carried my truck holding the lexan spoiler. Not cool at all. New body needed, but my new psuedo sponsor (Ed's Hobby Shop) might help me out.

I am very happy with the setup of my truck, but the engine was still really tight (.12 OS TZ) not to mention poorly tuned. I was up past midnight breaking in a new cylander and piston in 40F weather. Not pleasent, but the cops kept us company since we were in a public parking lot. That's another story.

Anyway, I'm pretty stoked at my win. I can't wait for the next race.

-JNY

bermbuster
03-05-2006, 02:11 AM
1st place Amatuer Gas Truck

despite the idiot 12 year old turn marshalls. They were entirely too young to be out there. Scared to grab a truck that isn't moving, and one even carried my truck holding the lexan spoiler. Not cool at all.

-JNY
Congrats on the win.......Happy Birthday too....

If the turn marshalls werent qualified why were they let on the track???
With proper instruction and guidance young people can do the job.
You crashed your truck and needed the help of a marshall.....consider your broken spoiler part of the crash......

Inferno454
03-05-2006, 05:14 AM
What kinda truck?

pimpsmurf
03-05-2006, 02:24 PM
It's a XXX-NT w/ mostly ad2 parts.

The point was that they were not qualified. This was a club race, so these little kids were kicking my truck back onto the track (not moving it with thier feet, but kicking it), and they never once grabbed my truck by the front or rear. I have a big ass RPM spoiler on the front with holes in it PERFECT to grab on to, and they treated it like the plague! haha

One otherwise-wonderfull turn marshal cut my truck off when he thought the ball cup had broken. It had only popped off, so I popped it on and restarted it, and he ran it back to where it came off the track. It was a very good race, although it is going to cost $25 in nitro cleaner to get the chassis clean again... the guy that was nice enough to pit for me soaked it down once. hehe

It was really a fun day. I held back from bitching at the kids at the race because I know they are just kids (and the problem was that 2 kids that don't race, and don't usually show up came yesterday.) It had the other 2 kids (one of which is the regional champ for the SE) acting stupid throwing dirt and stuff. The parents were trying to keep them under controll, and they saw what they were doing on the corners, so I didn't say a word.

It's all coolio foolio.

-JNY

plain_simple
03-06-2006, 01:43 PM
way to go buddy! Congrats :)