PDA

View Full Version : ...Lunsford Racing...

BitHed
03-15-2005, 12:57 AM
...HalfEight.com has been in touch with the hard-working staff at Lunsford Racing in regard to their possible production of titanium parts for the Mini Inferno...They are a LITTLE behind in their R&D but they have announced that they are working on parts for this vehicle...

...They already do parts for other 1:18 platforms such as the Mini T and the RC18T...They ALSO do parts for the 1:8 Inferno so the know its ins and outs already...

...Michelle from their Sales Division was kind enough fill me in on some of their finer details...

...Michelle says...

"I did want to take a moment to comment on our products and the price. First, our titanium turnbuckles are guaranteed. If you bend a Lunsford Turnbuckle we replace it no questions asked. Our titanium turnbuckles are CNC machined from 6-4 grade domestic titanium. It's the best. We couldn't imagine making our products any other way. Our parts are tough, lightweight and built for high-performance and they are built to last. Quality vs. Qty. It's a Quantity that you won't have to replace over and over and over."

...and thats the TRUTH...Lunsford Parts are an investment and we look forward to their participation on this vehicle...

..Check out Lunsford racing at...

http://www.lunsfordracing.com/

Lunsford Racing
03-15-2005, 02:53 PM
Hello BitHed and members of HalfEight. We will be taking a serious look at the Mini Inferno as soon as it is available in the U.S. We prefer to have the car in our shop for R&D before we even consider what parts to produce or not to produce. As I discussed with BitHet, we’re very excited about the introduction of a halfeight buggy into the R/C world. I will stop by the forum when ever I have a chance. Please feel free to offer comments or questions here or at our website. See you at the races! ;)

halfEIGHT
03-15-2005, 03:02 PM
Wow, great to see you here LR! :)

BitHed
03-15-2005, 03:11 PM
...Thanks for coming by Lunsford...It is truly staggering to be online JUST a few hours and to already have this kind of support from a manufacturer...We are delighted to have you here and we look forward to your R&D...Now about those samples :p

ruknd
03-15-2005, 10:27 PM
all lunsfort turnbuckles are guranteed? damn I should ahve been saving my bent xxxbk2 and xxxmf2 rods. :rolleyes:

BitHed
03-15-2005, 10:50 PM
...you gotta LOVE No Questions Asked Replacement Deals :cool:

Lunsford Racing
03-15-2005, 11:39 PM
ruknd has brought up a good oportunity to clear the air about the BK2 and MF2 turnbuckles. The turnbuckles that come stock in the Losi kit are not Lunsford Punisher Turnbuckles. Lunsford turnbuckles used to come in the Losi car and truck kits prior to the MF2 and BK2, but the turnbuckle that is now in the Losi kits is Losi's turnbuckle. We do make it for them but it is to thier specifications and it is thier design. We don't guarantee Losi's turnbuckle. If you lay a Lunsford Punisher and a Losi turnbuckle side by side you are going to see the difference. The biggest difference is in the thread length. Losi's threaded area is longer.
If you have an older Losi that has Punishers on it we will honor the guarantee. And if you are having trouble with one location (say the rear camber) on the newer Losi models I would recommend replacing them with Lunsford Punishers. If you don't want to buy the entire kit, you can purchase any of our turnbuckles in a 2 pack. We also offer a Super Duty Version of the Punisher that has a 3.5mm thread that is great for taking the punishment of a Nitro truck like the AD2. Have a look here on our website in the catalog here Lunsford Punisher 2 Packs (http://www.lunsfordracing.com/catalog/2-packs_318085_products.htm) and here Super Duty 2 packs (http://www.lunsfordracing.com/catalog/2-packs_318085_products.htm)

BitHed
03-16-2005, 01:23 AM
...Lunsford i am truly stoked you are here :) Couple of questions for you...

...Punisher and Heavy Duty...Whats the difference? What have you been using for other 1:18 platforms? Will you include stickers with your MinFerno sets too? Is Lunsford a place or a person? Have you ever nailed a jelly to the ceiling? So many questions :p

ruknd
03-16-2005, 02:38 AM
oh I meant your turnbuckles...yeah the Lunsford turnbuckles are the best you can get HANDS DOWN. I have replaced most of mine with lunsford as well as the ball cups into titanium and they rarely break but sometimes in the heat of a race I blast the double hard even if I'm not lined up to do so and I land it just wrong and a turnbucke breaks.

Lunsford Racing
03-16-2005, 05:02 PM
...Lunsford i am truly stoked you are here :) Couple of questions for you...

...Punisher and Heavy Duty...Whats the difference? What have you been using for other 1:18 platforms? Will you include stickers with your MinFerno sets too? Is Lunsford a place or a person? Have you ever nailed a jelly to the ceiling? So many questions :p
Hey BitHed - The difference between Punisher and Super Duty is .5 mm. Punisher turnbuckles have 3mm threads and Super Duty Have 3.5mm. We punched up the diameter to make an even tougher turnbuckles for 1/10th scale Nitro Trucks. If you want to read more info have a look here Super Duty Info (http://www.lunsfordracing.com/super_duty_accessories.htm) We use the Punisher 3mm for the 1/18th Scale platform. Tough! IF we do make a kit for the MiniInferno and I have told you we will definately take a serious look at it - yes it would probably be in line with the other Mini's in our arsenal and absolutely it would come with decals. One cool thing is that you can put our turnbuckles on most rc cars and we do make bulk packs available.
No, I haven't nailed a jelly to the ceiling :p But I'd like to see that attempted!
Thanks for the great questions.

WhoMe
03-17-2005, 03:49 AM
Though i have no questions. I own Lunsford turnbuckles and i have yet to break any. Anyway, Cool stuff man; thanks for taking the time to post hear.

BLACKHAWK444
03-18-2005, 06:28 PM
Good to hear the half 8 is going to have some good aftermarket support backing it up.

tunnelhead
03-20-2005, 08:45 AM
I would like to take the time to thank Lunsford for there great products!!! I have used them in my my Associated 18T. Hing pins, motor screws, turnbuckle kits and ball studs. They are awsome!! Fit and finish is second to none. Havent broke or bent any on my 18T. Also the parts for my Adam Drake 2 work flawless. Great work. One last think, my friend broke a tie rod end and threw it away. I dug it out of the trash and sent it to Lunsford. Few weeks later I had a replacement. Friend hit the park bench about wide open. Cant wait for possible half eight parts. What about king pin screws for the front end of the 18T?. Also what method do you use to form your threads?

tunnelhead
03-20-2005, 08:52 AM
This micro stuff it taking all my time and money Building a new car(18T) Novak GT esc, Orion Baja mod motor, and want to try the new Kokam S2 Li-Po pack and charger set that just came out. The only other thind I need to make my AD2 complete is the Lunsford Ti screw kit. I dream of the day I will order it. Plus have plans for getting the Jammin X1 CR buggy. All these cars and not enough time!! Bummer

BitHed
03-20-2005, 09:14 AM
...Tunnelhead im glad you like the Lunsford parts for the 18T...Your comments and praise make me want a halfeight set even MORE!

Lunsford Racing
03-22-2005, 05:06 PM
I would like to take the time to thank Lunsford for there great products!!! I have used them in my my Associated 18T. Hing pins, motor screws, turnbuckle kits and ball studs. They are awsome!! Fit and finish is second to none. Havent broke or bent any on my 18T. Also the parts for my Adam Drake 2 work flawless. Great work. One last think, my friend broke a tie rod end and threw it away. I dug it out of the trash and sent it to Lunsford. Few weeks later I had a replacement. Friend hit the park bench about wide open. Cant wait for possible half eight parts. What about king pin screws for the front end of the 18T?. Also what method do you use to form your threads?
We use Swiss CNC Machines and Die Rolling technology. Nothing in our shop is cold forged (the process where you take sub-standard titanium and squish it into a form) We machine our parts from 6-4 Titanium.
King Pin Screw? You mean the little screw that holds the king pin in place? Unfortunately it's just way too tiny for us to make.
Thanks for your questions and your praise - It means a lot to us.

acsubie
03-22-2005, 05:23 PM
We use Swiss CNC Machines and Die Rolling technology. Nothing in our shop is cold forged (the process where you take sub-standard titanium and squish it into a form) We machine our parts from 6-4 Titanium.
King Pin Screw? You mean the little screw that holds the king pin in place? Unfortunately it's just way too tiny for us to make.
Thanks for your questions and your praise - It means a lot to us.

for the kingpin screw i think he meant the screw that holds the front hub to the castor block???

tunnelhead
03-23-2005, 10:21 AM
Yeah thats what I ment wrong word to call the screw. Thanks for correcting me acsubie

Lunsford Racing
03-23-2005, 02:02 PM
Ya, they are just to tiny and the thread pitch is different. We would if we could but we can't so we won't :)

BitHed
03-23-2005, 02:13 PM
...Well you cant get much more logical than that :) I think Lunsford Racing is full of Dr. Spock-like Vulcans who mind-meld their products :p

...Lunsford have you decided that this THE platform of the year yet or do we still have to 'persuade' you ?

Lunsford Racing
03-24-2005, 10:01 PM
BitHed,
I know I'm not a Vulcan because you crack me up. :D I do like the platform you've put together here. I haven't had a chance to really surf around and check out all the topics. It's been so busy here at work making parts for fine customers like yourself! But I will be around! :cool:

tunnelhead
03-25-2005, 07:34 AM
Bithed, here is a close up of the Lunsford Ti parts for the 18T. First one in the area to own them. Hmmm sure seams like I tell the lhs about all the new cool stuff coming out. Little details ont he car. 1/10th scale is a Losi XXX-NT Adam Drake 2. Has Orion Wasp 12. JR 590MG servos for throttle and steering. also a JR 300 synthesized reciever. Cant forget Lunsford Ti tie rods and camber links. The 18T has an Orion Baja mod motor. JR 310 reciever, Hitec HS-56 HB servo. And lots of Lunsfords parts. Tie-rods, camber links, hing pins, ball studs, motor screws. Novak GT esc. And wait for the new Kokam S2 Li-Po's out here in the next 3 weeks. The 18T is my new hot rod to race in the mod class.I was racing almost a bone stock 18T in the mod class and did pretty well. 3rd three weeks in a row.

BitHed
03-25-2005, 08:46 PM
...Nice job tunnel...I dig the black scheme you got going :)

...Lunsford how would an organisation like yours usually go about 'getting' a vehicle? I mean do you call the maker or what? And then you get it home and basically pull it apart? Who gets THAT fun job..lol...I have this image of the Lunsford staff all walking around in white coats and just ONE person covered from head to foot in grease and grime...lol...

Lunsford Racing
03-29-2005, 03:59 PM
...Nice job tunnel...I dig the black scheme you got going :)

...Lunsford how would an organisation like yours usually go about 'getting' a vehicle? I mean do you call the maker or what? And then you get it home and basically pull it apart? Who gets THAT fun job..lol...I have this image of the Lunsford staff all walking around in white coats and just ONE person covered from head to foot in grease and grime...lol...
Hey BitHed,
We get our cars the same way you guys do. We have to what for them to hit the shelves at our LHS. We of course reserve them as soon as we can. Kelly Lunsford often builds them himself but there are others here in the shop that get that fun job sometimes too! The funnest part is testing things. We recently tested something --- Still Top Secret --- Hush Hush --- and we got to bash a truck into cement at extremely high speeds! --- The test went well and it was a lot of fun. :D

BitHed
03-29-2005, 04:14 PM
...Lunsford you should come to my place...lol...THATS how I drive :D

...So have you lined up a halfeight yet? Speaking of which i actually have some 'Punisher' stickers foating around which still need a home..I will put them on my MinFerno for some advanced promotion ;) Be sure to let us know when you get your machine...And look out for spy-pics on this site...There are guys in here who are going to savage their cars the moment they arrive...All in the name of 'science' of course ;)