PDA

View Full Version : Mini-z AWD anything else similar

bcuzau
02-19-2006, 05:32 AM
I just discovered this little AWD car.. how long has it been around? does anybody have have one? is there any other AWD car this scale?

Is there anything I need to know about it.?

Any info please..

janniz
02-19-2006, 01:17 PM
It's pretty "new", on sale since december 2005 or so. Other all-wheel-drive cars this scale are the X-Mods/X-Mods evo. But they have horrible electronics - allmost no range and a very bad steering. This far, Mini-Z AWD is the best 4WD-car I know in 1:28th scale. Out of the box it has some limitations (max. 94mm wheelbase, so many MR02-bodies won't fit) but there's allready some workarounds. If you are going to use strong tuning-motors you still need to upgrade the FETs and maybe the diffs and CVDs won't last too long.

But this thing really is fun if you use some moderate motor like the x-speed and ultra-hard (drift) tires.Here (http://www.private-4-fun.de/Christian/Videos/querforce-part2kl1.wmv) is a short video of those lil' drifters ... enjoy.

bcuzau
02-20-2006, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the video Janniz.. I just ordered my MA-010 and a bearing set to start. I just found out about two very busy forums Mini-zracer.com and Minizcanada.com . so many threads to read!

-Nam

BitHed
02-27-2006, 12:01 AM
...Minizracer is actually owned by the owner of THIS site :D You will find all sorts of fun things in the shop here ;)