PDA

View Full Version : Mamba 25 Hardwire?

BitHed
02-14-2006, 11:31 PM
...I understand that the on / off switch on the MAMBA 25 ESC can be left on during normal use and that it is only 'used' as an off / on switch during programming...

...In theory, if you are using a MAMBA LINK doesnt this make the switch obsolete? So in theory, I can safely lose the switch and just hardwire the positive / negative wires that go to the switch? Any help on this one would be great...

mat3833
02-15-2006, 12:28 AM
you could but i wouldnt. this means that the car arms no mater what. i had my mini t take off on my hand and it left 2 black crispy marks on my hand. if you do just make shure to have your H8 on a stand.

Matt

mOOsE
02-15-2006, 01:14 AM
sounds like it would work, I would test it a few times by leaving the switch on to see how the car reacts. As long as you don't ever need to recalibrate your mamba to your radio then it will be fine. I don't think mamba link will help with that.

BitHed
02-15-2006, 01:44 AM
...thats true...I forgot about the propo process...But its pretty easy to undo when i redo the radio...Its not something that i do THAT much...

...The real reason for this is the original switch broke...I replaced it but if i dont REALLY need it...OK...I will go ahead and do this...Gees the sacrifices i make for research ;)

bermbuster
02-15-2006, 12:04 PM
Hey Bit,
Tim Mohr Factory Mamba driver doesnt use the on/off switch. I followed his lead and removed mine as well...(shortened leads & soldered them)
I use a JR syn radio and the mamba link and I have no issues.
Berm

BitHed
02-15-2006, 12:28 PM
...Ahh Bermy...Mate that is the best answer i could have hoped for...I'm breaking out the iron as we speak :D Thanks for that...

..Shame the wires arent LRP because they smell like vanilla when you solder them :o Not as bad as the wires on the IB 3600 packs in the E-Zilla :mad: They smelled like dog pee :(

gazzer55
02-16-2006, 06:22 PM
Can you program the mamba esc without the usb link to your computer or do you need it to change the settings from normal to race etc?

BiGRoB21
02-16-2006, 07:08 PM
to bind the esc to a radio without the switch all you have to do is plug in the battery when you are susposed to turn the switch.

so the process would be.
1. turn radio on
2. full throtal
3. plug in battery
4. full break
5 netural

BitHed
02-16-2006, 07:16 PM
...Gees Rob...I wish Castle's instructions were as easy to understand as those 5 lines you just wrote...Its the first time i have actually understood that process...

mOOsE
02-16-2006, 07:46 PM
Can you program the mamba esc without the usb link to your computer or do you need it to change the settings from normal to race etc?
yes you can, however, the mamba linke offers near-infinate throttle and brake tuning because you can chose whatever type of throttle curve you want. The mamba esc only offers timing and starting power functions that affect your throttle...and they don't affect much else besides topend and bottom end

ky_savage
02-22-2006, 07:05 AM
I am trying to get the ESC to work properly with the motor switched to the other side. I have tried to reverse the TX, but when the setup is all done, reverse has more power than forward. It still is running the wrong way.

mOOsE
02-22-2006, 02:40 PM
don't change any settings on the esc or tx. just switch any two wires on the motor and it should work fine.

plain_simple
02-23-2006, 10:18 AM
Fully agree with mOOse and Rob. I dont have the on/off switch for a long time now in all my Mambas and it works exactly like Rob's tutorial ;)
Sorry i've missed this thread Bitty or i would already told you that a long time ago eheheheheheh :)