PDA

View Full Version : Picture of my H8

pimpsmurf
02-12-2006, 05:07 PM
Here she goes. I'm going to figure a way to mount the futaba servo without tape... Hopefully RPM servo mounts will work. I broke the 3Racing alloy antenna holder. It is cool, but it kept unscrewing so I used some loctite and end up snapping it off. Don't overtighten kids!

It's a little dirty, but here she is...
http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpGallery/albums/userpics/10099/half8.JPG

-JNY

bcuzau
02-12-2006, 10:27 PM
very nice set-up you have Pimpsmurf!

I just cut down some 1/10 scale servo mounts and drilled a couple of holes in the chassis.. IMO the best way to mount a servo. Good luck with the RPM mounts.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c106/Bcuzau/IMG_2526.jpg

BitHed
02-13-2006, 12:37 AM
...pimpy to answer your question YES the RPM mounts will work attached directly to the servo and the drill the chassis but obviously they wont work with the servo is one of the adaptors that comes with the kit...I THINK that was your question...Will it fit holes in a STOCK chassis? NO because they are set to match an adaptor...

hrtln
02-13-2006, 04:48 AM
bcuzau, May I ask what servo that is? Just wondering.... :)

pimpsmurf
02-13-2006, 12:37 PM
...pimpy to answer your question YES the RPM mounts will work attached directly to the servo and the drill the chassis but obviously they wont work with the servo is one of the adaptors that comes with the kit...I THINK that was your question...Will it fit holes in a STOCK chassis? NO because they are set to match an adaptor...

What adaptor? I didn't see anything in your email. When I said stock chassis, I meant the unmodified pitbull.

Thanks,
-JNY

bcuzau
02-13-2006, 08:30 PM
bcuzau, May I ask what servo that is? Just wondering.... :)

That would be a Blue Bird 380max. It's a great little servo.. I highly recommend

Pimpsmurf. are these the servo mounts you're getting?
http://www.rpmrcproducts.com/products/misc/hires/7006.htm

BitHed
02-13-2006, 08:59 PM
....Correct...Those are the servo mounts included in the screw set...

pimpsmurf
02-13-2006, 09:38 PM

I still can't make heads or tails of "YES the RPM mounts will work attached directly to the servo and the drill the chassis"

Are you saying that I will need to drill the chassis for those to work with our mini futaba servo, or should will it work with the unmodified pitbull as it comes from CAW?

Damn, I am thick-headed sometimes...

-JNY

BitHed
02-13-2006, 11:25 PM
...Are there holes for servo posts on the chassis from CAW? if YES then YES these posts will work...Are these holes the right width apart for the servo? I have no idea...Ask CAW...

...IF there are no holes for servo posts then you have to make them yourself...There are NO SERVO holes in the PitBulls BitHed is selling...Go figure...

pimpsmurf
02-14-2006, 12:12 AM
That is bunk. At least you don't have any holes at all. I have the 3 holes for the stock servo holder. CAW kinda pissed me off. They stopped responding to emails so they got a positive feedback with no comment. Kinda dumb because they would have had a brilliant review had they just responded in any reasonable timeframe.

Of course, Bithed always gets positive feedback! Especially from the ladies!

Dude, it's the bunny suit.

-JNY

dirtdynamics
02-14-2006, 02:18 AM
Excellent Half8
Very nice and clean setup!