PDA

View Full Version : Hyperions Goin In!!

gazzer55
02-11-2006, 10:18 PM
My AE ESC has packed up go i've decided to go ahead and put in the Hyperion 6000/mamba 25 combo. I will be upgrading all of the other electronics as well but so far I only have kyosho oil shocks and ti turnbuckles for upgrades. I need to know exactly what I must buy to make the brushless work properly.
Along with the motor and electronics I will be getting some URC sport saddlepacks. I have heard that I need new pinions, such as the HPI 11T (where can I buy these?). Also what other upgrades will I need besides the pinion and a 3racing motor mount. Should I grease the gears? Where can I get shims for the wheels or is there another way I can stop the front wheels from moving around so much. My one front wheel wont even tighten all the way!
Besides these things is there anything else I must change now so I dont end up having to do it after I get the motor. I was thinking about getting knuckles as well but on ebay there are only 1 kind offered and i'm not sure if theyre any good.
Maybe one day I will run out of questions!!

pimpsmurf
02-11-2006, 10:34 PM
Maybe one day I will run out of questions!!

Well, you already ran out of periods...

You want 3Racing alloy knuckles.

Why not search google for the hpi part number which you can get from hpi's site. I think towerhobbies has them.

-JNY

bbking9
02-14-2006, 01:37 AM
I am running the Hyperion 6000 with Tekin ESC, 8 Cell IB1200 with 10T
AE pinion for RC18T on my ST . May go up to 11T or 12T when I am running smaller buggy tires when I convert to Half8 format..