PDA

View Full Version : DRVONHOSS Help us on how to paint

leapingbug
02-09-2006, 03:16 AM
DRVonHoSS I think we all know by know that your painting skills are incredible.Could you give us some tips like for example but not limited to-

1>Masking when ever i try and mask it ends up takeing me for ever and bleeds anyway :mad:
2>Good paint
3>a good sprayer
4>applying design to mask
5>any other tips

Any one else have any tips it be great
Thanks

leapingbug
02-09-2006, 03:19 AM
And another thing i have an Axtec dual action sprayer.
I got it for my birthday 2 years ago but never used since i never hade a compressor (just got one tho) and im wondering whether or not it is any good.
Thanks again :D

DrVonHoSS
02-20-2006, 01:38 AM
DRVonHoSS I think we all know by know that your painting skills are incredible.Could you give us some tips like for example but not limited to-

1>Masking when ever i try and mask it ends up takeing me for ever and bleeds anyway :mad:
2>Good paint
3>a good sprayer
4>applying design to mask
5>any other tips

Any one else have any tips it be great
Thanks

Thanks!

1. Use liquid mask
2. I like Parma FasKolors
3. In my opinion.. Iwata airbrushes are the best
4. Just draw on the outside of the body with a sharpie marker
5. I have a million tips.. I wouldn't know where to begin.

leapingbug
02-20-2006, 03:37 AM
How do you use the liquid mask (what brand and where to get its not at my lhs)
and what do you think of aztec airbrushes :D
Thank you for the help

Hikari no Tenshi
02-20-2006, 05:53 PM
I'm not Von Hoss but I don't see any reason I can't chime in. The best liquid mask is called "Bob Dively Liquid Mask" and anyone who carries Great Planes as a distributer can get it, or you can get it off of Tower. As for Aztec brushes, I think they're OK. I think most of what you're paying for is a bunch of accessories you'll never use. I personally like my Paasche VL which i've been using for a couple months. But the Iwatas are also excellent (I know a lot of the professional painters have 2-3 airbrushes for differenr jobs.)

leapingbug
02-20-2006, 06:57 PM
Hey Thanks For The Help Guys Ima Go Ahead A Jump Into Painting Mt Body This Weekend Ill Post Pics When I Am Done :d
Any Adittionall Tips Will Be Great To :)

DrVonHoSS
02-20-2006, 11:59 PM
How do you use the liquid mask (what brand and where to get its not at my lhs)
and what do you think of aztec airbrushes :D
Thank you for the help

Bob Dively Liquid Mask is what I use.

I'm not familiar with Aztec. I use an Iwata Eclipse and an Iwata Micron... both are awesome.

leapingbug
02-21-2006, 02:43 AM
O it be nice to know how to use the liquid masking to lol :D

BiGRoB21
02-21-2006, 03:01 AM
paint (with a sponge brush) about on a coat and let dry (or dry with a hairdryer)
repeat about 3-4 times. and you are done.
make shure to let a good bit of time for drying b4 you try to cut and peal it or it will peal up other parts.

also take your time! a good body will only come to thoes who are patient.

Hikari no Tenshi
02-22-2006, 01:24 AM
Best tip I can give for liquid mask is be sloppy. The sloppier the better. The stuff just peels off better when it's thick, so if you use thick sloppy coats, it'll be easier to use. Take it from someone who went to thin once.

WhoMe
02-22-2006, 10:46 AM
I use a regular brush as opposed to a sponge brush. The ridges a conventional brush leaves behind help build up the coats. However be sure to clean the brush or else yull ruin it.

DrVonHoSS
03-15-2006, 01:18 AM
Best tip I can give for liquid mask is be sloppy. The sloppier the better. The stuff just peels off better when it's thick, so if you use thick sloppy coats, it'll be easier to use. Take it from someone who went to thin once.

I agree.. to a certain point. You don't want blobs or liquid mask in spots. I place my bodies in front of an electric heater between coats of mask and the blobs tend to create a problem when cutting.

I use 5 coats with a 1 inch wide cheap paint brush. I tried the foam brushes but didn't have much luck. I have also gone "too thin".. what a mess.

leapingbug
03-24-2006, 07:26 PM
umm ya i tried the liguid mask for the first time and it works great.the only thing is i put it on to thick and it was hard to cut line if ya know what im sayin.but all in all it came out pritty good ill try to post some pics later on tonight.

Allso when i was painting i got thise allmost cobwebbing of the paint what is that and is it normall (thise is my first time useing an airbrush) thanks :D

leapingbug
03-25-2006, 06:43 PM
O allso whats the best way to paint a carbon fiber and ghost flame effect thanks guys :D :D

plain_simple
03-31-2006, 02:09 PM
cowebbing is due to the pressure your applying to the airbrush... if your using faskolor try around 40psi and cowebbing wont show up ;)

for the carbon fiber fx look here.. its a nice tip
http://www.truggyracers.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3616

leapingbug
04-05-2006, 03:38 AM
If you look at my avatar thats the one body i painted.
So what ya think :confused:

plain_simple
04-05-2006, 01:05 PM
its kinda hard to say anything with such a small pic but it doesnt looks that bad... could be a kot worse, trust me on that one :p