PDA

View Full Version : New ST owner needs motor advise??

benz19
02-07-2006, 10:42 PM
Hey guys,this is my first thread here!

Just ordered a new Inferno ST and a couple of 9.6v packs,i intend to go bryshless once i have tested stock set up as i have e few 3 cell lipos that i would like to use.

I have read e few posts regarding motor selection but i am still unsure and would like some direct response.

I intend to use this buggy for FUN not racing,so i need a mixture of torque and speed.

I intend to run a Mamba speed controller so setting for this would be appriciated also.

Any other tips on essencial upgrades would be great also.

Many thanks!!!!

Regards Benz

pimpsmurf
02-07-2006, 10:46 PM
Hyperion 6000 11T pinion High starting power, lowest timing, latest software

Unless using an aftermarket chassis with the center diff spun around. Then get the hyperion 6000 long can (yc22?) with the older software.

Eventually Castle Creations will finish moving into thier new building and we can get some quality control back. =)

-JNY

Control has 1 L, if you suk at spellingk, iespell.com

bbking9
02-08-2006, 03:43 AM
I'm with pimp. Hyperion 6000 but I run 10T with 8 cell Nimh. I run the Tekin - not the Mamba. Gotta love that on the fly programming right on the ESC.

pimpsmurf
02-08-2006, 11:59 AM
If you have a laptop, you can program the mamba on the fly too! =)

I definately dig the tekin though. Especially if you don't have a laptop to program with at the track.

Yeah. I had a 10 tooth pinion, but you might need to put some washers underneath the motor mount to push the motor up far enough to have a good mesh.

-JNY