PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Aus

sam101
02-07-2006, 02:55 AM
Hi all
names sam, recently came across the forums when researching a mini rc purchase- from the info gained i decided on the H8. im glad i did, its a pretty capable litle thing in stock form but since i run brushless in my other cars i have ordered a mamba 5400 combo :D so have a couple of q's if thats ok

i am going to replace the diffs and from what i read there are a couple of manufaturers producing for the H8, at this point im looking at the atomic ones from rcmart.com- any opinions/experiance with thse anyone would like to share?

i will also pick up a few other bits, namely:alloy shocks f/r, alloy shock towers f/r, lightened centre shafts, 1/10 cvd conversion, alloy motor mount. 3racing seems to be the preferred 3rd party manufaturer so where possible use their stuff? can anyone suggest anything else ill definatley need to add to the list?

is the preferred servo still the Hitec 85MG?

so last but not least....gearing lol. suggestions for gearing with a mamba 5400 powered by 6 venom 2400mah AA's?

Thanks for reading/educating ;)
sam

BitHed
02-07-2006, 10:53 AM
...Hey sam...Welcome to the boards...Good to have you here...

...Basically...

...Get all your alloy parts from 3RACING...motor mount, front knuckles, center hub, etc...KYOSHO oil shox, KYOSHO spring set when you can afford it...3R is your best bet if you are on a budget RE: shox...I recommend a light weight liquid with medium hard springs...Also get your titanium parts from 3R; shafts, hinge pins, ball ivots etc etc ad nauseum...

...Pinions should be 10 to 14 or thereabouts....Watch how hot your moto gets and change accordingly...

...Diffs...Hmm...I would thrash the stock units until 3RACING arrived which SHOULD be soon...You will update anyway when they do so its just an expense getting the ATOMIC units...

...Shock towers go CAW if you can find them, 3RACING for carbon or alloy...

...CAW 1:10 axle / hubs are the best IMO...No-brainers; set and forget, plug and play...Get them from me or the shop here...

...servo Hitec 81 or 85...I prefer the 85 but some will prefer the 81...OR just go all out for the FUTABA 9650 digi wang wang one :D

...Body by Dr. Von Hoss...Carbon Eclipse chassi or alloy PitBull...ShoeGoo your rims...

...But what concerns me most is your battery selection...Rattle your dags and go see UNITED RC for a DECENT power source...You will have MUCH more fun...

dirtdynamics
02-07-2006, 03:42 PM
Hello there... welcome to the best Half-8 forum.

pimpsmurf
02-07-2006, 05:08 PM
Welcome,

I would add GPM for thier titanium center shafts. They are hella bigger than the other options. If you are going with CAW 1:10 adaptors, get the GPM wheel shafts too.

-JNY

sam101
02-07-2006, 10:11 PM
thanks for the reply guys

Bithed- thats some GREAT info there mate thanks a lot. yeah the batteries...
ok well bit of a story- Im going backpacking later this year and at this point
im planning on taking the H8 with me. :D
Now i think weight wise ill be right with the H8 itself and controller but the batts are a bit of an issue. Ill be taking rechargeable AA's with me anyway for other stuff as well as the H8. The extra weight of another charger and several battery packs may just be a bit much. And then theres the prob that id need 12V DC to charge from cause a converter is way to heavy lol.
Believe me when i say if i can find a way to swing some li-po or the new li-mn i will ;)

pimpsmurf
02-07-2006, 11:01 PM
the new lithium phosphorous or whatever are kinda weak. They are heavy as all heck and put out 3.2v/cell =(

Great if your scared of the P word, but reminds me too much of lithium ions. :eek:

-JNY

NakedApe
02-08-2006, 11:26 PM
Nice of you to join us.

You talking about a holiday makes me feel like a vacation...

Well, have a nice time.

Clive :)

sam101
02-09-2006, 06:51 AM
the new lithium phosphorous or whatever are kinda weak. They are heavy as all heck and put out 3.2v/cell =(

Great if your scared of the P word, but reminds me too much of lithium ions. :eek:

-JNY

Pimpsmurf- ahh not sure if were thinking of the same batts...i was thinking of these (so long as they come out with a mini version ;) )
http://pfmdistribution.com/secure/shop/item.asp?itemid=197&catid=47

other than the weight (which is close to double) i THOUGHT they they would be comparable to a 4000mah TP (or any other similar mah rated 20C li-po)
http://www.thunderpower-batteries.com/html/batteries.html

i gather im missing something here?? do these batts have a lower C rating or something?? i was not too concerned with the extra weight if the cells are somewhat less volatile.(i will admit i am a little scared lol)

thread about the Li-mn cells
http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/showthread.php?t=213093&page=1&pp=25

nakedape- ya i know how u feel its taken me 3 years to get this organised, in the mean time pretty much all of my mates have already left :rolleyes: lol
thanks for the well wishing :)

sam

pimpsmurf
02-09-2006, 06:06 PM
I was talking about LiFeP (Lithium iron phosphate) cells. I get confused a lot in my old age. ;)

Never heard of those. I'll definately have to do some reading. =)

-JNY