PDA

View Full Version : kyosho xspeed for buggy Vs ST

tulsidas
02-06-2006, 01:16 PM
Website shows this as different part no.s. Does anybody know on what the difference is between the two motors. Can the ST version be used on the buggy ?

02-26-2006, 07:31 AM
A high torque version is available for the truck, which I would imagine you could use in the buggy. I run the buggy X-speed motor and like the performance on our small track, but I may try try the HT version to see how it compares. I'll let you know if I can remember to come back adn post the results.

BitHed
02-28-2006, 02:39 AM
...same size motor...same can and everything...the sticker is blue on the HT and red on the buggy version...Obviously more torque from the HT version...18 USD shipped worldwide...

tulsidas
02-28-2006, 06:38 AM
...same size motor...same can and everything...the sticker is blue on the HT and red on the buggy version...Obviously more torque from the HT version...18 USD shipped worldwide...

2 quick questions

1) Which is faster ? and
2) How do I get a list of items that you can ship.

BitHed
02-28-2006, 07:08 AM
...Which is faster? I dont know...I guess the buggy one, Lets call it High Speed (HS) for the sake of arguement...The HT will obviously have more get up and go off the line as it was 'designed' for the ST and its lower gearing...Put an HT in a buggy with buggy gearing and you will have more punch but your top-end may suffer...Moose will be able to tell for us sure after he gets his...

...There is no list of what i sell...I will basically sell anything if i can get it...I cant get ATOMIC items, i can only get 3R in blue and my prices arent good on an international scale...I wont do RTR's...I cant get anything brushless...

...So basically that leaves us with anything KYOSHO / TAMIYA / HPI / FUTABA / KO...Anything local...

dennisoommen
02-28-2006, 11:39 AM
Hi - am new to the forum and whilst am a fairly experienced RC enthusiast - am new to the Half 8 mini inferno. Just picked one up last week.

Had the same queries as Tulsidas on the X speeds for the buggy and ST.

Going thru the Kyosho America site - this is what I found :

Q: What its maximum speed?
A: 6-Cell Battery + Normal Motor - Maximum speed of 21 km/h
6-Cell battery + Optional Motor - Maximum Speed of 23 km/h (not recommended due to increased power consumption)
Half-Eight SP Battery (8-Cell) + Normal Motor - Maximum speed of 28km/h
Half-Eight SP Battery (8-Cell) + Optional Motor - Maximum speed of 34km/h

Inference : - More speed ? better to upgrade to the 8 cell battery straight off. - whether stock or X speed motor. Seeing this, I'd personally spend 18 Bucks on a 8 cell battery and use the stock motor (with a heatsink) than 18 bucks on an X speed motor.

Also at our LHS ( here in Dubai, UAE), X speed HT (for the ST) is $ 4 cheaper than the buggy X speed ?!?

still interested to find out how the HT performs in a buggy.

dj_ski69
03-05-2006, 01:32 PM
Hi,
I have put the High Torque motor into my MI ST running stock ESC/Rx...I run it with stock 12t pinion and an 8 cell IB1200 battery pack...
The motor is a lot faster than stock and does have the torque to go with it...
I've compared The HS and HT only in visual inspection and the only difference between the two is the wind of the motor...The HT looks to be a single wind motor(which means torque) and the HS looks to be a double or triple wind Motor(which means higher RPM but less torque) To my knowledge both motors are the same amount of turns....

SkI

BitHed
03-05-2006, 01:54 PM
...SkI...Thanks fr the finer details you posted...That saves ALL of us from pullling our cans apart :o