PDA

View Full Version : Finally Got It Running Well!

mpetrich
04-10-2005, 03:14 AM
I added the following;
Bearings
Oil Shocks
JR Z3550 Mini Race Servo (fit PERFECTLY!)
JR RS310 Rx
Mamba 6800
Clip On Heat Sink
Team Helotes 8 cell GP1100 pack
Deans Connectors

I don't have the gearing right and the slipper (even after tightening) may still be slipping a little but the car really goes now.

The Half8 platform can sure handle the Mamba speed, no problem. The car is VERY stable at speed and takes corners very well (which I wasn't sure about due to the tall tires).

Once I get the gearing correct (and fix the slipper), this thing will be a monster.
Matt

jatetu
04-10-2005, 01:45 PM
Well done, could you post a photo of that time machine? :)

BitHed
04-10-2005, 02:47 PM
...matty how is the weight? Man if you havent done the OneTime mod yet do it NOW...WORLD of diffrence...We are running very similar setups i see...I have the Hitec HS-85MG in and its sweet....goes nicely with the double heat sink xspeed and the NEW LRP AI Super Reverse ESC :D I am now officially able to kick your a$$ :p

halfEIGHT
04-10-2005, 06:41 PM
Pics!!! Post to http://halfeight.com/gallery ! ;)

half8 abuser
04-11-2005, 06:59 AM
Where did you get the clip on heat sink. Any over heating issues?

mpetrich
04-11-2005, 01:06 PM
Well done, could you post a photo of that time machine? :)

Hello,
I will get some pics up tonight when I get home.
No problem!!
Matt

mpetrich
04-11-2005, 01:07 PM
Where did you get the clip on heat sink. Any over heating issues?

Go to the airplane section of your LHS and pick up a clip on heat sink for a 20mm can motor. It cost me two bucks and it fits perfectly. Definitely helps with the heat dispersion......The Mamba is running hot but I still think I have the car geared improperly. Once I get that corrected, I think the heat issues will go away. Plus my top end will be better.
Matt

BitHed
04-11-2005, 01:22 PM
...the shop here is working on some VERY nice light alloy heatsinks...Perfect for a day at the course or a round of drinks after 5 :) BLING!!

halfEIGHT
04-11-2005, 06:30 PM
D, FYI I just heard back on the sinks, should have pricing today! :)

mpetrich
04-12-2005, 02:35 AM
OK, here is my first image. Bit, I did the slipper fix and it worked GREAT! :D Probably added 5 to 7 mph of top speed and really reduced the temp of the Mamba. It is probably running at about 35 to 37 mph. The Half8 platform is great and very stable with all that speed.
Thanks,
Matt

mpetrich
04-12-2005, 02:42 AM
I thought this was a pretty cool comparison. Here is the Half8 next to the RC18T.
Thanks,
Matt

WhoMe
04-12-2005, 02:52 AM
The H8 is massive comapared to that truck. And then people wonder why the H8 doesnt scoot as fast out of the box. We need morrrrre power! Nice pic :)

BitHed
04-12-2005, 02:56 AM
...:D Looking good Matty !! lots of green and yellow in there...its beggining to look like a bunch of bananas :p glad you got the slipper mod done..makes ALOT of difference doesnt it...I have mine set so it doesnt slip at all...essentially locked but can still be loosened...I love it when stuff works out...Nice clean interior too...my LRP ESC is to big and am having trouble remounting the reciever...almost got it figured...I will take some pics with my borrowed camera...Geat job though...I am proud of you :D

mpetrich
04-12-2005, 03:05 AM
Thanks Bit! I put X's in the slipper washer then roughed it up with my Dremel! It is also much easier to tighten when the slipper is off. It just sounds a lot better when it is running now and you can tell it's not slipping. I am going to bring it to the track on Wednesday night to see how it performs. I will be looking for your pics!!
Thanks,
Matt

BitHed
04-12-2005, 03:10 AM
The H8 is massive comapared to that truck. And then people wonder why the H8 doesnt scoot as fast out of the box. We need morrrrre power! Nice pic :)

...WhoMe I think people are slowly beginning to understand this very important point...Not Johnny-come-lately who wants a maba beast from the get go but the more induring, mature RC crowd wil grow to love this machine once they figure out what is CAN be...The slipper was a disaster stock though...KYOSHO gets a kick in the nuts for THAT :mad:

WhoMe
04-12-2005, 03:27 AM
Me and AC were at the track...We know what we need to do. Soon ths will be the race car to have.

acsubie
04-12-2005, 04:49 AM
Me and AC were at the track...We know what we need to do. Soon ths will be the race car to have.

yes we were..this buggy has serious potential, was very pleased with my first run on the stock motor....give me a better motor and oil shocks and this is a racer

BitHed
04-12-2005, 07:05 AM
...I told ya ;) Now we just need the 'other' guys to realise it :D

mpetrich
04-12-2005, 01:49 PM
...WhoMe I think people are slowly beginning to understand this very important point...Not Johnny-come-lately who wants a maba beast from the get go but the more induring, mature RC crowd wil grow to love this machine once they figure out what is CAN be...The slipper was a disaster stock though...KYOSHO gets a kick in the nuts for THAT :mad:

Ya know what I don't get........Didn't Kyosho test the slipper? This reminds me of the problem with the dogbones on the RC18T. Day one ALOT of people had the problem with the dogbones falling out. Are you telling me that Associated never had that problem? Or was that just a "tease" to get everyone to buy the MIP CVD's? Same thing here. Even with a very low power motor, the slipper was slipping way too much. Kyosho had to know that........wierd... :confused: :confused: :confused:
Matt

OneTimeCRX
04-12-2005, 05:19 PM
Maybe Kyosho thinks that newbies are more forgiving of (or oblivious to) a slipping clutch than broken drivetrain parts. Who knows how durable the stock drivetrain is when the slipper is locked!