PDA

View Full Version : how to get more steering ???

macmaxx
04-09-2005, 10:10 PM
as titel asks...on- an offpower

offpowersteering is ok (could be more) but the onpowersteering is like next to no-steering :D

BitHed
04-09-2005, 11:08 PM
...Mamaxx...try tightening your servo saver...The round dial on the saver post might be a little tight though...Use some needle nose, long thin, pliers to get it started...the plastic is a little soft so be careful...

...Also have a look at some of the screws holding your knuckles etc together...Some of them might be a little tight...I loosened a couple and it got better...Dont loosen them too much as they will fall out and that will throw your steering way off....Been there done that :o

...I also swapped the steering rods for some adjustable tamiya rods...any 3mm diameter 22 / 23mm threaded rod will work for you...

...Dont forget that softer shox will help you get more turn...Hope some of this helps...Peace...

macmaxx
04-09-2005, 11:26 PM
thx bithed

first two suggestions are done before...have to try the last two ;)

has anyone tryed the optional front hubs with 22°???

what degrees are the mountet (stock) hubs ???

WhoMe
04-10-2005, 04:06 AM
I got her all buttoned up today. The speed improved greatly..but i also noticed its wiiiide turning arc. Gotta start working on that now.

BitHed
04-10-2005, 05:23 AM
...stock hubs are 20 degrees...I havent done this adjustment yet...im still stock in that respect...

JonteJsson
04-10-2005, 09:25 AM
The optional blocks will give you more stability but less steering.

macmaxx
04-10-2005, 09:23 PM
oh man :(

this steeringissue is driving me crazy :(

i can handle the bad offpowersteering, but the onpowersteering is ****

hit the throttle and car will go straight :(

BitHed
04-10-2005, 10:05 PM
...how is the rod from the servo to the ackerman / steering? it sounds like it could be too short...look closely to see WHY it isnt steering while holding the car...something isnt connecting properly...If your servo saver has been tightened then i dont know what else it is...Maybe you lost a screw from UNDER the knuckle and they are getting caught and not turning...is your servo moving AT ALL?

macmaxx
04-11-2005, 12:02 AM
its all ok...everthing is moving like charme...its just the onpowersteering .

i think the reason are the diffs...way to tight